Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by greg898
I'm looking at my options for Toronto to Dubrovnik in May and one option is YYZ-MUC-DBV on LF and DBV-VIE-YYZ on OS. I've never flown Lufthansa or Austrian before. How's their economy product? The LH flights are on an A330 and A319 and the OS flights are an A321 and 767.
8 abreast a330 and 7 abreast 767 are great compared to 787 (9 abreast) and most 777's are now 10 abreast. I'm 5'11 and flew LH Y recently, and its better than the alternatives. No complaints.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: Star Alliance
So I decided to book a ticket with Lufthansa now that the strike situation "should" hopefully be sorted.
My route is EDI-MUC-HKG, however the 1st leg is with Eurowings and I have just noticed that LH don't allow check-in until 23 hours before the flight, can I check in the whole trip via Eurowings? since they have check-in 72 hours before flight.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Welcome to FlyerTalk, mrpolla!

Which country are you based in? Different countries have different credit card issuers and their T&C's vary.
Hi NewbieRunner,
thanks or the answer!
I'm based in Germany.
Best regards
Old Nov 19, 2017, 6:11 pm

Just a follow up to my last question (thanks guys for answering it) - I've checked in and managed to get the seat I wanted - it's a bulkhead seat - is there a significant chance LH will reassign it for any reason? I had one booked on BA over the Summer and they changed it a few hours before the flight.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:24 pm

using Lufthansa Business Lounge Vouchers at contacted/partner lounges

I was just now approved for the Lufthansa credit card, for which I will receive "Two complimentary Lufthansa Business Lounge Vouchers".

The only places where I might want to use a lounge would be at Seatac (where there is a contracted lounge,"The Club at SEA") or at Narita (where there is the ANA "partner lounge").

Would anyone know if my Lufthansa Business Lounge Vouchers could be used at these contacted/partner lounges?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: M&M FTL
I'm looking for a flight from BLQ to HYD in business class and I have a couple of questions.
- is there a way to choose the booking class if the only option that I see is "Business Flex"? if so, how?
- if I'm tied to the default booking classes such as Z, what is the best strategy for earning the most miles possible? just choosing the longest route?
- what would you recommend between the A350-900 and the 747-8 regarding business class seats and overall experience?

thanks!

Old Nov 24, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Physical M&M Cards

Do they still send out actual cards for FTL, SEN, etc.? I hit FTL a few weeks ago and haven't received anything despite having a new card number. I'm wondering how long it might take to get the card mailed (assuming they still ship them).

Usually I don't care about physical cards for loyalty schemes but the reason why I ask is that it might be necessary for status matching (e.g. you have to send a pic of the actual card). I'm thinking about OW airlines like AY, where they offer to match LH/LO status.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 1:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Do they still send out actual cards for FTL, SEN, etc.?
Yes, they do.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 2:13 am

Hi,
I know this is a recurrent question here but I haven't been able to find an actual answer. I am aware that Miles & More miles expire 36 months after they have been credited to your account: as such I have been trying to see when was the last time I earned any miles but if I click on the Account history tab - Transactions older than 90 days it only shows my account activity up until September 2016. (Not very helpful as most of the miles in my account were earned before that date).

I have also contacted Miles & More Service Team via email but their response was the same 36 months expiration story and that they couldn't tell me when I earned any miles prior to Sept. 2016 nor when would they expire, and that in any case I would receive a notification 2 months before the actual expiry date, which I don't find very useful to be honest specially for trip planning.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Old Nov 25, 2017, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by 1flyer
Yes, they do.
Good. Any idea how long it takes?
Old Nov 25, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Usually a week or two but might be longer if the destination is more exotic than D/A/CH...

If you need it quicker, the M&M app has a full screen virtual card that can be used by taking a screen shot.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 2:21 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
I think it varies a lot based on location, time of year, etc. My last SEN kit arrived within a week or so, but I'm only 10-20 km from M&M HQ.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by MichielR
Usually a week or two but might be longer if the destination is more exotic than D/A/CH...

If you need it quicker, the M&M app has a full screen virtual card that can be used by taking a screen shot.
Based in WAW - hopefully that's not seen as too exotic!
Old Nov 26, 2017, 8:23 am

newbie question: paying miles for YQ on an award

I am new to this forum. Can I use miles to pay for YQ traxes on a Miles & More "Mileage Bargain" Business class award from JFK-FRA-MXP return? I think that I read that 15,000 additional miles would cover it...or is that only on a full priced award. Is this similar to a "Smart Bargain" award (under 14 days) and possible additional 10,000 for YQ.? Thanks.

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Welcome the Lufthansa Group/Miles & More Forum Newbie Lounge!

The Newbie Lounge is a place where no question is too stupid, nothing is taken for granted, and where you can ask anything about Lufthansa Group and Miles & More you were afraid to ask elsewhere, or weren't sure where to ask. The LH/M&M Forum Newbie Lounge first started in 2011 following several examples of successful newbie lounges in other FT forums. I hope this thread serves as a useful resource for people new to Lufthansa, LH Group of airlines, the M&M programme and FlyerTalk in general.

If you are M&M old-timers, please feel free to contribute answers here just as you normally do in the rest of the Lufthansa/M&M forum. But make sure to leave "do a search" or at the door before entering. Also please limit the use of acronyms. If you're going to use an acronym, try and define it first.
re

Last edited by tarkaboy; Nov 26, 2017 at 8:25 am Reason: more info added
Old Nov 26, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
If anyone is in the B pier senator lounge tonight, Nov 26, I might be seeing things, but is there a Star Alliance livery 777 from someone with a spare engine attached? There's a star 777 right in front of the lounge, that's ANA, but across the way a little bit I swear I'm seeing a 777 with the extra engine, just curious about who's it is, where it's going...all that nerd stuff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.