Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2022, 2:31 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Does it matter which one of the LH, LX and OS websites is used for booking intra-EU flights that are on OS and LH metal? Do they have separate/better call centres and agents in case I need to reach them, or are they all using the same call centre?

Many thanks.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 3:42 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by jaimee1987
I made a booking from AKL-LAX-FRA-VLC return via Edreams (never using them again) It is a Economy basic fare which is changeable for a fee. We want to cancel our return VLC-FRA sector only and begin our journey in FRA, but Edreams wont do this and now wont reply to my emails or answer my calls, they say only the date is changeable & if we do not show up for our VLC - FRA sector then our subsequent flights will be cancelled. I spoke to Lufthansa who said it is ok to cancel the 1 sector (we are fine about getting no refund for this and paying any change fees associated with this) but only the travel agent can do this who will not communicate with me! Does anyone have any suggestions? I have heard that once we have completed the first sector the airline then has control to change the booking, Is this is correct? I'm so stressed and frustrated as we cannot make the flight in Valencia. Thanks
In principle it'd be possible but expect a reprice, not just the change fee.

Originally Posted by Deckter
Does it matter which one of the LH, LX and OS websites is used for booking intra-EU flights that are on OS and LH metal? Do they have separate/better call centres and agents in case I need to reach them, or are they all using the same call centre?

Many thanks.
Yes, they have a different call center and it depends on where you book. I like OS call center better.
chris63 and Deckter like this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Deckter

Many thanks.
Yes it does, they all have different call centres, just look at the complaints in this forum, LX difficult to get hold of, LH unreachable, OS is the way to go.
Deckter likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 4:12 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by chris63
Yes it does, they all have different call centres, just look at the complaints in this forum, LX difficult to get hold of, LH unreachable, OS is the way to go.
Thank you both for the replies, took your advice and booked via OS.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 8:30 am

Lounges in FRA

Those who passed by FRA recently, how is the situation with the lounges there? I am flying in into B and out from B too. BTW, if I am a star alliance gold, I can still bring in a co-traveler with me to the lounge, correct?
Old Jul 16, 2022, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kvota
Those who passed by FRA recently, how is the situation with the lounges there? I am flying in into B and out from B too. BTW, if I am a star alliance gold, I can still bring in a co-traveler with me to the lounge, correct?
As *G you can use the SEN lounge at B42, it’s not bad or the AC Maple leaf lounge, guests need to be on the same flight.
kvota likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 11:32 am

As *G you can use the SEN lounge at B42, it’s not bad or the AC Maple leaf lounge, guests need to be on the same flight.
Thanks - good idea on the Maple lounge which I used once before.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kvota
Thanks - good idea on the Maple lounge which I used once before.
Welcome, not been there post pandemic but it was much nicer than SEN B before Anyway with enough time you could try both & let us know your opinion ?
Old Jul 17, 2022, 4:54 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Few days ago, LH call center(South Africa) answered in less than a minute. Daytime in Europe. As data point, LH cancelled my first segment, I asked to rebook which they did and asked permission to add my email as contact. OTA sold ticket, so LH need my permission to contact directly.
palmanfr likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jaenks
Few days ago, LH call center(South Africa) answered in less than a minute. Daytime in Europe. As data point, LH cancelled my first segment, I asked to rebook which they did and asked permission to add my email as contact. OTA sold ticket, so LH need my permission to contact directly.
Seems you were very lucky, judging from all the complaints in this forum, Your call was answered much faster than my calls to the HON line in the last week.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 9:04 am

Programs: M&M
Folks, I have a booking and the return leg has a schedule change.

The app says this...

A schedule change has occurred on this trip. Please acknowledge it...

I just checked in for the first leg like normal, but there is no way to acknowledge the change. Do I just carry on without clicking anything?
Old Jul 17, 2022, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by bertles86
Folks, I have a booking and the return leg has a schedule change.
The app says this...
A schedule change has occurred on this trip. Please acknowledge it...
I just checked in for the first leg like normal, but there is no way to acknowledge the change. Do I just carry on without clicking anything?
You do not have to do anything if the new flight schedule is suitable for you. If not, contact customer service.
bertles86 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 12:05 pm

I wasn't sure where to start with this question - searched a bunch and found some similar situations, but not identical:

I have two separate tickets booked -

FCO-FRA, cash fare purchased from LH on LH metal, in economy (can change it to business if that helps)
FRA-SEA, Condor award via AS on DE metal, in business
These are on the same day with 1:50 between flights - MCT is 1:30 for D:I on DE US-bound, in case this matters

Does anyone know if at FCO, LH will check my bags through to Seattle? I see that LH and DE have an interline agreement, but since I'm not on one ticket or even the same ticket stock for each segment, I presume it's entirely at their discretion. Does anyone know if this would work, and what I should do in advance (if anything)?

Last edited by PWMTrav; Jul 19, 2022 at 12:23 pm
Old Jul 20, 2022, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
I wasn't sure where to start with this question - searched a bunch and found some similar situations, but not identical:

I have two separate tickets booked -

FCO-FRA, cash fare purchased from LH on LH metal, in economy (can change it to business if that helps)
FRA-SEA, Condor award via AS on DE metal, in business
These are on the same day with 1:50 between flights - MCT is 1:30 for D:I on DE US-bound, in case this matters

Does anyone know if at FCO, LH will check my bags through to Seattle? I see that LH and DE have an interline agreement, but since I'm not on one ticket or even the same ticket stock for each segment, I presume it's entirely at their discretion. Does anyone know if this would work, and what I should do in advance (if anything)?
LH are very good a through checking bags on separate tickets IME & as you say they have an interline arrangement with Condor.

Your problem is if something goes wrong with your FCO- FRA flight, if you misconnect your in big trouble….

LH awards are cancellable up to departure for a 50 EUR fee, you need to understand AS rules in case you don’t make your Condor flight.

Seems a very risky booking to me, especially give the current state of operations at FRA
palmanfr and PWMTrav like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 3:57 am

Seems you were very lucky, judging from all the complaints in this forum, Your call was answered much faster than my calls to the HON line in the last week.
That agent forgot to re-issue the ticket with new schedule, outbound dissapeared and I had to call back again yesterday late evening. Now I chose Senator line US toll free number through Skype. Agent answered in 2 minutes and 13 seconds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.