FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]
Old Jul 20, 2022, 2:06 am
chris63
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
I wasn't sure where to start with this question - searched a bunch and found some similar situations, but not identical:

I have two separate tickets booked -

FCO-FRA, cash fare purchased from LH on LH metal, in economy (can change it to business if that helps)
FRA-SEA, Condor award via AS on DE metal, in business
These are on the same day with 1:50 between flights - MCT is 1:30 for D:I on DE US-bound, in case this matters

Does anyone know if at FCO, LH will check my bags through to Seattle? I see that LH and DE have an interline agreement, but since I'm not on one ticket or even the same ticket stock for each segment, I presume it's entirely at their discretion. Does anyone know if this would work, and what I should do in advance (if anything)?
LH are very good a through checking bags on separate tickets IME & as you say they have an interline arrangement with Condor.

Your problem is if something goes wrong with your FCO- FRA flight, if you misconnect your in big trouble….

LH awards are cancellable up to departure for a 50 EUR fee, you need to understand AS rules in case you don’t make your Condor flight.

Seems a very risky booking to me, especially give the current state of operations at FRA