Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: UA*S, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Flying OS & LX intra-European J soon, the flights are all 1h~2h long so I don't expect much, but is there a meal provided or just some snacks and drinks like US domestic F?
Sorry if this has been asked before, I've been unable to find up-to-date info by searching intra-european meals. Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: LH M+M
Flying LX J tomorrow HAM-ZRH and expect a hot lunch. Will report if noone chimes in beforehand.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by PAX_fips
Flying LX J tomorrow HAM-ZRH and expect a hot lunch. Will report if noone chimes in beforehand.
Would rather expect a cold meal, including cheese and desert.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: LH M+M
Too short? Saw pictures about Beef Stroganov on a DUB-ZRH (Lunchtime).
Old Nov 30, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
HAM-ZRH defintely sounds too short.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Anyone have any ides how to book this itinerary? It says 'K' class but expert flyer and the hotline say there is no 'K' class.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 3:20 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
HAM-ZRH defintely sounds too short.
Originally Posted by PAX_fips
Too short? Saw pictures about Beef Stroganov on a DUB-ZRH (Lunchtime).
HAM-ZRH has a block time of 1h30, DUB-ZRH is 2h05.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 2:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
Anyone have any ides how to book this itinerary? It says 'K' class but expert flyer and the hotline say there is no 'K' class.
ITA often shows phatom inventory... try a US based OTA or google flights.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 9:25 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Award Booking with M&M on Star Alliance

Hi all,

I have recently moved from Germany to the US and I would like to book an award ticket with LH M&M from the US to New Zealand with United or AirNZ, is this even possible? Thanks in advance. I appreciate your help!
Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by lexilila
Hi all,

I have recently moved from Germany to the US and I would like to book an award ticket with LH M&M from the US to New Zealand with United or AirNZ, is this even possible? Thanks in advance. I appreciate your help!
It is technically possible, yes. Your chances are low if you are looking for business class on NZ though!

Use the UA website to find availability and then call M&M for booking.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, AF Silver, IHG Gold, Sixt Plat,
UA or LH for upcoming trip?

Hello! Somewhat new to LH (as I was with AB).

I will be flying TXL > EWR > CMH and then return MSY > IAH > FRA >TXL next year booked through United

TXL > EWR > CMH is all with United on L, tickets starting with 016
MSY > IAH is on united with T and IAH > FRA > TXL is on Lufthansa with T, 016 tickets

IAH > FRA has a UA flight number while FRA > TXL is with an LH flight number

I have accounts with both United and Lufthansa with a decent amount of miles stored. I will be working on getting status next year with Lufthansa as I am based out of Berlin.

What makes more sense here? To credit the miles earned to UA or LH?

With UA, I will get 4515 base miles, PQM PQS PQD doesn't matter much here as status with UA is not a goal for me.
With LH, I will get 2562 base and status miles but do I get any flight segments on the IAH > FRA portion as it is on a 016 united ticket, with a UA flight number, what about on the FRA > TXL portion?

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Last edited by tsolaaa; Dec 2, 2017 at 1:49 pm
Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:49 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Starwood/Marriott Gold
I am flying on LH694 (A321) from FRA-TLV in Y. I am flying in W class on a 016 (United Airlines issued) ticket.

a. what are my upgrade options, to either extra legroom seats or to business class, how do upgrades work on LH, when on a UA ticket?

b. what entertainment options are on the flight?

Thanks so much!
Old Dec 3, 2017, 3:16 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by NoDestinations
I am flying on LH694 (A321) from FRA-TLV in Y. I am flying in W class on a 016 (United Airlines issued) ticket.

a. what are my upgrade options, to either extra legroom seats or to business class, how do upgrades work on LH, when on a UA ticket?

b. what entertainment options are on the flight?

Thanks so much!
Not worth upgrading - Euro-C with identical seats as Y.
Entertainment on your own device, you need to download the LH app.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by tsolaaa
I have accounts with both United and Lufthansa with a decent amount of miles stored. I will be working on getting status next year with Lufthansa as I am based out of Berlin.

What makes more sense here? To credit the miles earned to UA or LH?
It really depends. You will make UA*G much faster than SEN, but if you are based in Germany having SEN can be nice.

do I get any flight segments on the IAH > FRA portion as it is on a 016 united ticket, with a UA flight number, what about on the FRA > TXL portion?
Segments towards FTL are only on
scheduled flights operated by Adria Airways, Air Dolomiti, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, Eurowings, Germanwings, LOT Polish Airlines, Luxair, Lufthansa, Lufthansa Private Jet and SWISS when booking classes and fares which entitle users to earn miles are used.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
My flight into FRA is significantly delayed and I’m going to miss my connection. Are they likely to meet me at the gate with a new boarding pass or will I have to go to a transfer desk?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.