Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Allegris: New Cabin for the LH Group in 2023-25 (LX A330 LH A359/B748/B789)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Allegris: New Cabin for the LH Group in 2023-25 (LX A330 LH A359/B748/B789)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2023, 1:40 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Jorma
JL went with 2 rows of 1-1-1 in their new flagship F. Plenty of room to sip some Salon or Cuvée Nicolas François.
J looks way better than LH's seat.

More info https://press.jal.co.jp/en/release/202310/007654.html
Looks great but did you see this:

A choice of three seating modes: Sofa, Seat & Single Bed, or Double Bed (*1)
(*1) Double Bed mode refers to having all seats transformed into a bed configuration.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 1:52 am

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
Originally Posted by MichielR
Looks great but did you see this:

A choice of three seating modes: Sofa, Seat & Single Bed, or Double Bed (*1)
(*1) Double Bed mode refers to having all seats transformed into a bed configuration.
Yes, but they dont try to sell it as 2 seats. You can opt to have seat and smaller bed all the time, or make wider bed.
chris63 and MichielR like this.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Jorma
Yes, but they dont try to sell it as 2 seats. You can opt to have seat and smaller bed all the time, or make wider bed.
Puts the LHG effort with Allegris to shame, so LHG are behind the curve before even one frame has been delivered….
demue, alinghi90, 59Impala and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 5:25 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by chris63
Puts the LHG effort with Allegris to shame, so LHG are behind the curve before even one frame has been delivered….
Yup, +1, and JAL didn't even have to jump through hoops to get such very fine looking seats. Just latest Safran premium seats and decide on color palette and some small tweaks and voila, a nice cabin with a strong, modern C / F product and none of those 7, 9, .. ??? whatever seat combos in Biz and "love hotel" type 1.5 center seat / bed in F .

I do reserve judgement on the speakers in the headrest thingy, hope it won't cause noise issues in the cabin. Not because it wouldn't work well if everyone watches at a reasonable volume, but some fellow humans don't know the meaning of the word "considerate" .

Pair that with JLs already good to very good C & F services (C way better than LH in my book) and there is a competitive product.
chris63 and MichielR like this.

Last edited by demue; Oct 2, 2023 at 5:44 am
Old Oct 2, 2023, 7:35 am

Programs: EBD , FBG
I’ve said it before. Lhg should copy cabins of le premiere and qsuites, and they’d be perfect
chris63, alinghi90 and gru_muc like this.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 9:54 am

I get that we're just people on an internet bulletin board doing armchair CEO stuff, however is there anyone at the LHG that's actually questioning if what they have is still fit-for-purpose?
Old Oct 3, 2023, 12:05 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Dave_C
I get that we're just people on an internet bulletin board doing armchair CEO stuff, however is there anyone at the LHG that's actually questioning if what they have is still fit-for-purpose?
I’m sure there are, but probably not within the management circle. But let’s see, backpedaling on decisions is not out of the question in such companies.

And another + for JL…announcement on Oct 1st, first aircraft flying the new cabin already 4 months later.
chris63 and GalaxyChris like this.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 2:03 am
Formerly known as koeche

Programs: LX HON, QR Plat, Hilton Diamond, Windows 11, Adobe Creative Suite
I heard out of LX management level that they made surveys and created focus groups and came to the current setup based on the results. Unfortunately I don't know who was part of these groups but I have the feeling there were not many "flying pros". However management seems to very much rely on those results from the conversations I had.
chris63 and EJJBHX like this.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 3:50 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by CheckInPeach
I heard out of LX management level that they made surveys and created focus groups and came to the current setup based on the results. Unfortunately I don't know who was part of these groups but I have the feeling there were not many "flying pros". However management seems to very much rely on those results from the conversations I had.
Allegris gives me these kind of vibes....

LHSEN, demue, chris63 and 3 others like this.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 4:55 am

What I take from reading CS interviews and such are two things. One, they are very much aware and concerned about the Allegris delays. Only so much they can do about it now but still. Two, they have gotten an appreciation that some of their cost-driven service reductions pushed it a little too far and need to be somewhat rolled back to remain relevant to premium customers.

They surely must also have some understanding of the competitiveness of their upcoming premium cabin product, up to and including the C-suite level. I just don't imagine that to be as pressing an issue as, say, the two others things I mentioned.
andrewingeneva likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by ffgap
What I take from reading CS interviews and such are two things. One, they are very much aware and concerned about the Allegris delays. Only so much they can do about it now but still. Two, they have gotten an appreciation that some of their cost-driven service reductions pushed it a little too far and need to be somewhat rolled back to remain relevant to premium customers.

They surely must also have some understanding of the competitiveness of their upcoming premium cabin product, up to and including the C-suite level. I just don't imagine that to be as pressing an issue as, say, the two others things I mentioned.
Leaving aside F, C is where the money is to be made, and this has to be a tens of millions of Euros investment for them. Delays are delays, but are they really going to pull the trigger on something so far behind? Surely seven years for a business class is when you start to kick-off designs for a replacement? Ten to twelve years has to be the expected lifespan of something like this? Allegris must have been designed 8/9 years ago now?
chris63 and andrewingeneva like this.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 5:21 am

You're right, I agree they can't pull the trigger.

I would conjecture, that they're still trying to optimize the roll-out (including retrofitting). I would also imagine they are still considering opportunities similar to the Philippine Airlines deal (where they picked up A350's with a more competitive J cabin) as well.

I also agree with you that J and premium Y is where the money is. People around the forums discuss F fervently even though it is probably largely irrelevant to Lufty's bottom line.
andrewingeneva likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 5:37 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
All this reliance on surveys from 7-8 years ago is just the wrong fixation in my book. Also, I always get the impression that the Allegris is viewed by LH Mgmt as such a great product versus current LH J for example and yes that's true. However, the world didn't stop and others are way ahead and current LH Biz is super crappy .
Old Oct 3, 2023, 8:37 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Didn't we discuss here at some point around the time of first ground mockup presentations, how they did "surveys of their best customers" who must have been people who never flew any competitive product?
Old Oct 3, 2023, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Didn't we discuss here at some point around the time of first ground mockup presentations, how they did "surveys of their best customers" who must have been people who never flew any competitive product?
Maybe they ignored what their best customers told them, because they thought they knew best …..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.