Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more champagne in LH SEN lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: LH HON**
Originally Posted by worldclubber

Only after 5? What sense does that make ...
Maybe it has to be after midnight in Singapore...
Old Apr 30, 2019, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by view
It is still there, but only after 5PM in the C lounge.
Ah thanks! Noted. I tend to go to SQ first. But it’s perfect for a glass or two before heading back to A gates for the WAW flight.

What plonk do they have on offer?

I just realised, apart from the longhaul T2 lounges, LOT’s WAW lounge is the only Star Gold lounge in Europe that has champagne?

That’s quite comical that Basia has that crown compared to ”5 Star” Helga and her nonstop you premium lounges. Not to mention Swiss...
Old Apr 30, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Vixit
Maybe it has to be after midnight in Singapore...
Well, I had champagne before midnight in Singapore, even at SQ lounges ...
Old Apr 30, 2019, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
It’s because of you I asked, and I was offered only Prosecco.
Do not shoot the messenger. When I was there, they had it. Was probably after 5 pm then.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:16 pm

Programs: EBD , FBG
What about the whiskey bar in Zurich, which is part of the senator lounge there. Do they only serve whiskey, or do they serve other types of alcohol also? Have an early flight through soon, and won’t be hitting the whiskey at 09:00 am 🤔
Old May 1, 2019, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by Kleffen
What about the whiskey bar in Zurich, which is part of the senator lounge there. Do they only serve whiskey, or do they serve other types of alcohol also? Have an early flight through soon, and won’t be hitting the whiskey at 09:00 am 🤔
They serve all kinds of alcohol, but other than the whisky they serve the mediocre to terrible wine and bubbly they offer in all of their SEN lounges.
Old May 1, 2019, 2:10 am

About the whiskey bar - does the bartender make whiskey based cocktails as well? Whiskey on its own has never been to my taste, but in cocktails I find it very enjoyable.
Old May 1, 2019, 3:22 am

About the whiskey bar - does the bartender make whiskey based cocktails as well? Whiskey on its own has never been to my taste, but in cocktails I find it very enjoyable.
The have a small repertoire of cocktails they can make. Based on whisky and other spirits. Had decent G&Ts there as well.
Old May 1, 2019, 4:02 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by worldclubber

They serve all kinds of alcohol, but other than the whisky they serve the mediocre to terrible wine and bubbly they offer in all of their SEN lounges.
mediocre bubbly + aperol + sparkling water + ice will get you a decent aperol spritz. Or maybe at 9am, mediocre bubbly + orange juice will do the trick.
Vixit likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 4:06 am

You could ask for a whikey liquor (apologies I forgot the name of the brand). It is easier to drink than proper whiskey, as it is a bit sugary. I quite enjoyed it (it was too early for proper whiskey for me when I ordered it).
Old May 1, 2019, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by Nic33
mediocre bubbly + aperol + sparkling water + ice will get you a decent aperol spritz. Or maybe at 9am, mediocre bubbly + orange juice will do the trick.
I was always looking (in vain) for Aperol in the ordinary section, never thought they would stock it in the whiskey bar - thanks!
Old May 1, 2019, 5:06 am

Not sure that aperol is in the wiskey bar actually, I remember that I have seen it near the food buffet. I hope that I am not confusing with other LH SEN lounges which definitely carry out aperol
Old May 1, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Last time LH F served A..G.. I purchased a bottle of Aperol in the FCT duty free and took it on board to make my own Aperol Spritz on board 🤣
chris63, MichielR and worldclubber like this.
Old May 1, 2019, 6:34 am

Both. If people are into mimosas, no problem.
Old May 1, 2019, 6:35 am

I was always looking (in vain) for Aperol in the ordinary section, never thought they would stock it in the whiskey bar - thanks!
They do have it there! I have seen them make many Aperol Spritz at the whisky bar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.