Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai Airways refuses to credit business class C miles

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2015, 1:59 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Lack
The text I quoted came directly from LH page on the flat fee upgrade..
I love the usual chaos LH manages to introduce with every newish product. Such that not even the most hardened users of LH's web resources can settle for a unified hermeneutics thereof.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by weero
I love the usual chaos LH manages to introduce with every newish product. Such that not even the most hardened users of LH's web resources can settle for a unified hermeneutics thereof.
Just another day at the office for worlds best airline marketing team.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 1:59 pm

But evidently not Word's best marketing team ........
Old Nov 1, 2015, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by weero
What chaos? Message is clear and miles for the upgraded segment work smooth as silk in MM and other programmes.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
What chaos? Message is clear and miles for the upgraded segment work smooth as silk in MM and other programmes.
If an way-above-averagely informed customer like rcs85551 isn't up to speed then I wouldn't call it a clear message.
I reckon that's due to the fact the miles were supposed to be awarded based on the underlying eco fare in the ver 1.0 of the offer - which creates chaos.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
What Lack states - if a travel agent and experienced Mod like rcs has been provided with information conflicting with your experience and the web entry you are familiar with, this counts as 'conflicting' or 'confusing' in my book.

Neither you two has to be wrong btw, it could well be that two customers live entirely separated experiences chez Lufthansa. Same goes for seat blocking, op ups, lounge access ... the Tohuwabohu is intentional and enforced by means of an inconsistent IT.
Old May 19, 2016, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 8420PR
C is the class of travel, not the booking class. Before the upgrade your boarding card (if issued) would have said Y (i.e. not W).

Thai have written in BOLD on their website that airport upgrades only earn miles based on the original booking class, so I guess many other people have had the same problem. Personally I think it is a poor performance from Thai.
C is not only the class of travel but it is also part of a fare bucket, like J, D & Z on certain airlines.
Old May 21, 2016, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
C is not only the class of travel but it is also part of a fare bucket, like J, D & Z on certain airlines.
In the fare base, it would be, yes (i.e. for reservation and ticket). On the BP. it means nothing but cabin of service.

In the best case for Thai. A long time ago, I had an F boarding pass for a segment that had no F cabin ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.