Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH Coming to SJC / San Jose

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by mmff
Interesting. Did they provide any reason? I'm guessing there will be some sort of explanation in their communication to shareholders towards the end of Q4.
According to this article, it was dropped due to the "commercial viability " of the route. It must have been very low LF due to cancelling the flight within one month of its end date.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/n...rnational.html
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:21 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by minhaoxue
According to this article, it was dropped due to the "commercial viability " of the route. It must have been very low LF due to cancelling the flight within one month of its end date.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/n...rnational.html
I'm not surprised. Whenever I would search for J/F *A awards, SJC-FRA would consistently come up when no other options did.
I don't think the marketing has been particularly good for this flight, beyond listing a full sized ad on Caltrain.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
I always love seeing this 4-engine jet flying overhead. Seems like the wrong plane for the route tho. All the other long-haul SJC routes are operated with 787s designed for long-thin routes
zeer0 likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:00 pm
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MitzEclipse
Just called Expedia Switzerland (ticket booked via them) and asked if it's possible to go ZRH-SFO direct on LX instead of via FRA on LH. They checked their policy and as it's changing the number of stops, they have to call LX. Unfortunately LX Switzerland apparently only provides email support to Expedia, not telephone support, and therefore they will send an email and they'll call me back. Very frustrating as I'm not sure if this will go into a black hole. I'll check back on Monday.
I am pretty sure that this is not true. I had booked a LX flight earlier this year through Expedia.ch and then wanted to cancel it within 24hrs. The Expedia agent put me on hold (for quite some time), but then got back to me and told me LX had approved of the cancellation. So I am certain he talked to them.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by DTS
I am pretty sure that this is not true. I had booked a LX flight earlier this year through Expedia.ch and then wanted to cancel it within 24hrs. The Expedia agent put me on hold (for quite some time), but then got back to me and told me LX had approved of the cancellation. So I am certain he talked to them.
I just called Expedia again (during business hours) as I have not heard back on my request. They said again they need to chase LX for an authorisation code, if it’s even possible, on Friday which is very annoying as this is now my 4th call.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 7:23 am

Whenever possible always better to book directly with airline, if the website can't put together more complex itineraries, still worth it to call in and book on the phone, even with the call center service fee...
Having to deal with an OTA/middleman is always a pain...
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by rosenkavalier
Whenever possible always better to book directly with airline, if the website can't put together more complex itineraries, still worth it to call in and book on the phone, even with the call center service fee...
Yep, I truly don't understand why anyone would intentionally put themselves in that situation.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 5:53 am

Programs: Miles and more, Skywards, SPG
+1
Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:48 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by MitzEclipse
Thank you for the heads up. Unfortunately, I have a trip booked for two from ZRH-FRA-SJC return over this coming Christmas/New Year. I was rebooked to SFO instead which isn't as convenient. If I were to fly to SFO, I would rather fly direct ZRH-SFO on LX. Is it possible to be rebooked to LX's flight in this instance? Am I entitled to any compensation as I really prefer SJC.
I’m booked on FRA-SJC in the summer 2019, so affected by this axe.
Have been rebooked on SFO but really doesn’t suit me for various reasons, organizing onward travel etc.
i know that being rebooked on BA’s SJC flight is probably not going to happen this far out, is there any way to somehow get rebooked onto BA?
Have you guys considered asking to be rebooked onto the EDW (LX codeshare) direct flight from ZRH to SJC (3 weekly are offered)? The Business Class is even superior to LH and I'm sure there are some free seats left on that plane!
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
Have you guys considered asking to be rebooked onto the EDW (LX codeshare) direct flight from ZRH to SJC (3 weekly are offered)? The Business Class is even superior to LH and I'm sure there are some free seats left on that plane!
That is a great idea and would be a fantastic solution,
HOWEVER,
WK flies to San José, Costa Rica (SJO) and we are hoping to arrive in San Jose, California (SJC)

!!!!

It always amazed me that the 2 cities have such similar airport codes, plus when handwritten CA and CR are not that different, so there are so many opportunities for confusion.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 11:43 am

HOWEVER,
WK flies to San José, Costa Rica (SJO) and we are hoping to arrive in San Jose, California (SJC)
Old Oct 12, 2018, 2:26 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
HOWEVER,

!!!!

It always amazed me that the 2 cities have such similar airport codes, plus when handwritten CA and CR are not that different, so there are so many opportunities for confusion.
Originally Posted by kjnangre
Wait what?
I know about that missconception. That’s why I even doublechecked!

In my defense I present to you the webpage that mislead me: https://www.swiss.com/flug/ch/flug-sanjose-sjc (in german and no english version is available)

Seems that swiss.com is a little confused as to where Edelweiss is actually flying.

I blame the internet!
(I expect all of you to nod in agreement and say: “Ah yes, blame the Inernet, that’s right, that makes sense”.)
Old Oct 12, 2018, 2:42 pm

That's awesome!!! Somebody at Swiss actually wrote (more likely copied and translated) 3 full paragraphs describing the wrong San Jose! Neither Swiss nor Edelweiss have ever flown to San Jose, California

mmff and zeer0 like this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by kjnangre
That's awesome!!! Somebody at Swiss actually wrote (more likely copied and translated) 3 full paragraphs describing the wrong San Jose! Neither Swiss nor Edelweiss have ever flown to San Jose, California

This is amazing. Perhaps worth pointing it out to the LX Lurkers at FT?
zeer0 likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by Nick Art

Wait what?
I know about that missconception. That’s why I even doublechecked!

In my defense I present to you the webpage that mislead me: https://www.swiss.com/flug/ch/flug-sanjose-sjc (in german and no english version is available)

Seems that swiss.com is a little confused as to where Edelweiss is actually flying.

I blame the internet!
(I expect all of you to nod in agreement and say: “Ah yes, blame the Inernet, that’s right, that makes sense”.)
oh wow!!!
I never saw that page on the LX website, I can't believe they would make such a mistake...! So unprofessional/amateur!

To be fair, the WK website has the right info...
https://www.flyedelweiss.com/EN/dest...FZaxewodSAAB5Q

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.