Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

New "Light" Flight Class means ZERO bags for star alliance gold members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New "Light" Flight Class means ZERO bags for star alliance gold members

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2023, 10:25 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
I was told same via Twitter for Economy Light fair on OS from US-Austria and vv. - no *G free bag. But if I put into online calculator for economy fare it shows two free bags (I think one for included in fare plus one free for *G.)
Old Mar 6, 2023, 1:36 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by eshroom
I asked Swiss on Facebook and it seem LX also offer the exception, even though it is not stated on their website. It might be worth asking LX before a flight over Facebook/Twitter so you have something concrete to show the gate agent in case the try and argue a case.

It looks like LX gives contradictory messages and leaves passengers confused. It seems it's the safest bet to stick to Lufthansa Light Fare on long-haul.

chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 10:08 pm

And here is the official confirmation from Austrian Airlines that the LH benefit applies on OS long haul Economy Light fare flights as well:

chris63 and romans like this.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 9:04 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by andywaw
And here is the official confirmation from Austrian Airlines that the LH benefit applies on OS long haul Economy Light fare flights as well:

You could try chat roulette in case an LX advisor make a contradictory statement. I worded mine a bit broader "LH Group", which may have aided the response, but also I was travelling on a mixed LH/LX/4Y itinerary, so maybe that factored.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 5:12 am

Programs: Air NZ *G,
Hi team, simple question - if I buy a light fair , and then add a bag as an extra - will I still get a second bag for free as a Star Alliance gold ? Or do I have to purchase the next category airfare. This will be a Europe flight - Brussels to Rome. Thanks

or is there a way to buy a light and standard airfare on the same booking for 2 people.

thanks
Old Mar 26, 2023, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by Mikeynz
Hi team, simple question - if I buy a light fair , and then add a bag as an extra - will I still get a second bag for free as a Star Alliance gold ?
No, because you are still flying on Economy Light fare. You will only get a bag allowance which you additionally pay for.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 2:26 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by andywaw

If someone is interested, Cairo is not considered intercontinental, so no free bag for Sen on the Economy Light Fare
Old Mar 27, 2023, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Re Cairo.

Hmm....I had no issue to get a free checked bag on an (expensive) LH Eco Light ticket AMM-FRA in November as TK Elite. My guess is that CAI should be the same.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 8:35 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Re Cairo.

Hmm....I had no issue to get a free checked bag on an (expensive) LH Eco Light ticket AMM-FRA in November as TK Elite. My guess is that CAI should be the same.
AMM, BEY and TLV are considered intercont, unlike CAI, TUN and EVN.

Why?

Beats me. but this is what we came to. It will potentially have massive impact on status earnings if they don't change it starting 2024.
more4less likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 9:13 am

Re Cairo.

Thanks SK AAR,

I though that it was as you say but, via Twitter, a LH agent they told me no free bag.

Not happy because the ticket, although bought well in advance, was not cheap.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by more4less
I though that it was as you say but, via Twitter, a LH agent they told me no free bag.
I would be a bit sceptic about replies from LH Twitter or any other LH agent on issues they presumably have no or very little knowledge of.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 9:36 am

I would be a bit sceptic about replies from LH Twitter or any other LH agent on issues they presumably have no or very little knowledge of.
You are probably right but I just phoned LH Spain and the agent that replied does not even know that on some intercontinental destinations, *G members can check in one piece of luggage free of charge.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 1:50 am

Pretty much all the "regular" channels from LH Group leave MUCH to desire. The (few) good, experienced agents they still have are a rare sight to behold.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 9:44 am

So as a SEN on an intercontinental (EU-US) flight in eco light, is it one bag weighing 23kg? Or do I get the higher weight limit of 32kg? In reading back, it looks like 23kg, but I'm still not sure.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 11:16 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
You get 1x 23kg. If you had eco classic or flex, you get 2x 23kg.

32 is for business class and up.
Baker421 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.