Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH at Tampa (TPA)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2015, 5:40 pm

Programs: Former Dividend Miles Chairman's, Marriott Rewards
Hi all, still cannot seem to find a correct 3 row biz seat map for 483/482. Does anyone have an update?
Old Oct 6, 2015, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL DM Hilton Diamond WN A List
A340

So this A340 has how many seats?
Old Oct 9, 2015, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by tpatoanywhere
so this a340 has how many seats?
c18 e19 m261
Old Oct 9, 2015, 3:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Are the FRA-TPA-FRA flights treated as normal LH flights in terms of Star Alliance benefits?
Old Oct 9, 2015, 4:09 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by warakorn
Are the FRA-TPA-FRA flights treated as normal LH flights in terms of Star Alliance benefits?
yes
Old Oct 9, 2015, 7:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
That's good to hear that CityLine is no "Lufthansa Smile".
It would be too bad to be "smiled" on at the FRA lounge entrance.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 11:47 pm

does flight 482 on 11/28 have flat bed business class seats?

sorry if this is a stupid question. i'm trying to decide if it's worth upgrading on my flight from FRA to TPA on 11/28. google flights says this flight has flat bed seats. seat guru gives me 4 different A340-300 options, 2 of which have flat bed and 2 have angled flat bed...so then i decided to call lufthansa directly. the lady had no idea what i was talking about, except to tell me that this flight does not have the new business class. however, i also found out that this flight does have premium economy... according to seat guru, the two versions of the a340-300 that have the premium economy section have angled flat beds!! confused yet? lol

so i really want to know if this flight has a full flat bed, if so, i will upgrade.. if not i wont. anybody have any idea? thanks
Old Nov 23, 2015, 12:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The 343 used to TPA in the so called 'JUMP' config has the regular LH lieflat C seat. LH finally uploaded the config to their website:

http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/Seat_maps_A340-300

Look at the pdf link with (18C / 19E / 261M)

Seatguru has no clue what they are talking about. Which is par for the course.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The 343 used to TPA in the so called 'JUMP' config has the regular LH lieflat C seat. LH finally uploaded the config to their website:

http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/Seat_maps_A340-300

Look at the pdf link with (18C / 19E / 261M)

Seatguru has no clue what they are talking about. Which is par for the course.
Awesome. Thank you. So good news is that it has the new business class, but the bad news is that there are only 18 seats. Hopefully they'll have two seats empty. I've heard they allow you to upgrade for ~$1K at the gate. Keeping my fingers crossed! Thanks
Old Nov 23, 2015, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by omaralt
Awesome. Thank you. So good news is that it has the new business class, but the bad news is that there are only 18 seats. Hopefully they'll have two seats empty. I've heard they allow you to upgrade for ~$1K at the gate. Keeping my fingers crossed! Thanks
I've been looking at C availability on this plane for a weekend trip to Munich all month. Friday flights ex-TPA have been almost completely booked. I haven't been looking at other days of the week, but the C cabin looks pretty popular.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 11:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The fact that the US Military CENTCOM is based in TPA should also fill the flight nicely under the 'Fly America' act.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:08 am

Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - QR Platinum - ITA Executive - IC Diamond Ambassador
Is it just me or does it really seem that Y-cabin is often very lowly occupied on these flights (less than 50%), while Y+ and C-cabins often seem sold out?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 7:26 pm

Programs: A3
I notice the same thing as janvdr. I am booked on flights from and to Tampa over Christmas. As I checked dates for seat availability, the main Y section seemed about half full for any date I checked. The Y+ seats were almost full on the same dates.

On reflection I realized that the cheapest sardine class seats don't come with free seat reservations. So the current number of reserved seats may not be a good indication of load in the main cabin. I will get a better idea when I actually fly the route.

Last edited by realgoose; Nov 28, 2015 at 2:53 pm Reason: Added thoughts that change the original thesis.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 6:41 pm

Programs: A3
International flights between Tampa and Europe are booming according to a story in the local newspaper. For October LH load factor was 86%.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 2:08 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by realgoose
International flights between Tampa and Europe are booming according to a story in the local newspaper. For October LH load factor was 86%.
Loads have never been the real issue for flights to Florida.

The yield has always been problematic, even ex MIA with lots of demand for cargo.

Miami used to be the only market with demand for F, otherwise the vast vast majority is sold in deeply discounted Y fare buckets, somehow comparable to BKK.

Hence, it is no surprise that we see the current LH configuration on the TPA route, 86% for a new route in shoulder season is encouraging, but as pointed out before, those flights should only work with oil (hedged) at current levels and 'outsourced' staff manning the birds.

The start of the new low cost long-haul division has been really good, another blow to the Nekkies, but as stated before, this is a massive investment for a relatively low return (in case everything works out as planned)

Personally, I would prefer the back to the roots solution which includes the Condor next to the crane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.