Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance Gold Benefits on Lufthansa

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2023, 8:04 pm

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Originally Posted by CanTraveller
I had a couple of flight with Lufthansa recently. Booked as separate LH ticket (intra-Europe). Entered my AC number (Super Elite). So far so good.
For some reason it does not recognize the STAR Gold status at the security gates, etc.
Also LH charges for emergency exit seats which are usually free for STAR Gold.

Did anyone else make that experience and was able to solve it?

Thanks
Free Emergency seat reservation is NOT part of *A benefits.
These seats cannot be reserved for free on AC and UA flights for M&M *G members either.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 12:29 am

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by athome
Free Emergency seat reservation is NOT part of *A benefits.
These seats cannot be reserved for free on AC and UA flights for M&M *G members either.
Indeed. M+M TATL biz tickets for SEN book into basic Y on UA internal flights. Better seats have to be paid for.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 12:52 am

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Originally Posted by tem123
Indeed. M+M TATL biz tickets for SEN book into basic Y on UA internal flights. Better seats have to be paid for.
Even Full Fare F tickets book into basic Y on single class UA internal flights. Even seats in the forward part of the cabin (directly behind Y+) have to be paid for.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 1:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by ffsim
I’ve had to call in to add my Aeroplan number to bookings that included LH segments in order for my *G status to be recognized. The website wouldn’t let me add it, and somehow it wasn’t “passed along” by AC during the booking process.
The other way round AC also didn't show my status on a recent DTW-YUL flight booked in D. The BP for the next segment issued by AC on LH metal had LH*G on it 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Since I was in J and my KTN was recognised for TSA Pre I don't bother to get it corrected anywhere. The miles credited without issue.

ffsim and DiamondMile like this.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 5:54 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
As a LH gold, AC doesn't give me anyting extra, not even a priority lane in YYZ and YVR flying on Air Canada. All perks are reserved for AC gold members, but are ignored for other star gold members.
So you can't expect that LH gives you something extra either.
The exit seats are NOT free for other gold members, not even for SEN and HON if you fly on light fare within Europe. for interconti they are bookable in advance for LH Group gold members ore above.
athome likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by CanTraveller
I had a couple of flight with Lufthansa recently. Booked as separate LH ticket (intra-Europe). Entered my AC number (Super Elite). So far so good.
For some reason it does not recognize the STAR Gold status at the security gates, etc.
Also LH charges for emergency exit seats which are usually free for STAR Gold.

Did anyone else make that experience and was able to solve it?
I'm *G with SQ. On rare occasions, I've had the FF# not being recognized. Couldn't really narrow it down. Perhaps a typo or a technical glitch at an OTA. It really works most of the time.

In my experience, LH is much better in treating *G than, say, UA. Middle seat blocking in economy works. In J bookings, I can often select good rows (obv, they often block row 1 for their own frequent flyers). And in economy, I often get access to good seats as well (forward cabin or exit row). As long as you don't book Eco Light, of course.

If your BP after OLCI does not show *G, I would suggest dropping by the business class CI counter to have it added. To sum up: Typically, it all works automatically. I get all the *G benefits and frequently, additional-unofficial-soft benefits such as seat-blocking of middle seats or exit row free-of-charge.
athome and the810 like this.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 12:52 pm

*A gold seat selection?

As a *A gold do I get to select premium economy seats for free on LH? I honestly have no idea how to search for the answer here. I tried but got nothing.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 2:19 pm

Advanced seat reservation is not a *G benefit so it comes down to which airline you are flying and who you hold status with.

LH makes Y and PE customers pay for ASR unless they are M&M Gold.

Look in your booking for the chance to upgrade, either for a fixed price or a bid.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 12:53 pm

Thanks.

I did bid on upgrades. I highly doubt I will get them though.

Oh well, I guess I will see how bad LH is for someone with zero status on their airline (but *A gold).
Old Nov 21, 2023, 7:38 am

Programs: AC SE, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by sw1x
1 pc hand luggage (8 kgs max officially)
1 personal item

https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/baggage-calculator#/

It would truly be bad luck if they weighed it.
thank you, I appreciate the prompt reply.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 9:53 am

As SK *G Gold I just booked an award flight (booking class X) on Swiss and Lufthansa(117 Stock). I could reserve a free regular seat on the Lufthansa flight but on the Swiss flight I should pay for any seat. Is that mistake or is there no more free regular seat reservation on Swiss flights in combination with reward tickets?

Thanks for your help.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA Gold
UA*G and I've been consistently in PRE boarding group instead of group 1 or 2 on LH, LX, OS or SN. But the signage seems to say that PRE is only for people with mobility issues, minors and families with children. Any reason why *G is getting placed in PRE?
Old Dec 1, 2023, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by leftysauce
UA*G and I've been consistently in PRE boarding group instead of group 1 or 2 on LH, LX, OS or SN. But the signage seems to say that PRE is only for people with mobility issues, minors and families with children. Any reason why *G is getting placed in PRE?
Are you in an exit row? That also gets you PRE
flyingcrooked likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by supine
Are you in an exit row? That also gets you PRE
ah yes. I guess it's to make sure there's enough overhead space since underseat storage is not allowed
MrSnoot78 and flyingcrooked like this.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 12:43 pm

Programs: AY+Plat
Usually I travel alone and if in a group, with enough status holders to guest others in Lounges.
In few weeks we , 4 adults and 3 kids ( 8, 11, 13) are traveling together on LH, connecting at FRA. We have 3 *G members in our group meaning, 1 person too many for guesting. How strict LH is on one guest only policy ? Any chances we all will be let in ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.