Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance Gold Benefits on Lufthansa

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2015, 3:44 am

*G - SN outbound, LH inbound, Light fare, panic

Hi there

Am *G. Just booked SN out LHR-BRU-ROM and LH back ROM-MUC-LHR on the same ticket.

I'm confused. I have a 1 bag allowance on SN and 0 bags on LH. And it seems that LH will put up a fight on the LH legs re checked baggage. And this would seem to be at odds with Footnote 3 of http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...silver-status/

"3. This benefit may only be available if travelling on two or more Star Alliance member airlines on a single ticket. Please contact the Star Alliance member airline with whom you will check-in with for further details."

Any idea whether I will have to pay the bag fee on the LH return?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 4:09 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Could it be that you bought one of the Economy Light tickets on LH?
Add : I can see that you did - I didn't read the heading properly....

These tickets have no luggage included and elite members can't bring an extra piece of luggage.

Last edited by helosc; Oct 8, 2015 at 4:17 am
Old Oct 8, 2015, 4:23 am

Yep, I did buy an L class ticket on SN and LH - the SN bit gives 1 bag, the LH bit gives 0 bags.

But looking at the Most Significant Carrier (MSC) rule, it seems as if in theory, I should be OK - not by virtue of the additional *G bag, but from the 1 bag on the most significant carrier that (should!) carry through to the LH sectors...?

https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_c...e/iata-32.html

(MSC referenced here: http://www.lufthansa.com/uk/en/Free-baggage-rules )
Old Oct 8, 2015, 4:43 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Technically yes, MSC and 1 ticket/pnr if the journey is continous (same day).

But i guess in your case your first leg ends at ROM with SN and another day you are flying with LH?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by HadesNL
Technically yes, MSC and 1 ticket/pnr if the journey is continous (same day).

But i guess in your case your first leg ends at ROM with SN and another day you are flying with LH?
Yep, that's correct - SN LHR-BRU-ROM on one day, LH ROM-MUC-LHR on another day.

On one ticket (SN issued) on one PNR, with different identifiers for LH and SN (which I assume is to be expected)
Old Oct 10, 2015, 4:47 pm

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
Originally Posted by Germanfflyer
LH increased prices by adding bag fees - just get over it...
What is never mentioned in the context of light fares:they also cannot be changed. So, you may end up paying 1650EUR for a fare without reebooking/cancellation option. Wonder, if such terms and conditions hold valid when questioned in court....
Old Oct 11, 2015, 4:24 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...undable-3.html
Old Nov 4, 2017, 12:38 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Gold, Virgin Silver
I booked an S class fare on LH through Brussels airlines - it was much about $150 cheaper than on LH site.

The confirmation from Brussels works on LH, but I can't seem to modify seats or add bags

I'm Star Alliance Gold.

Should I call LH to add bags now?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by captain_starwood
I booked an S class fare on LH through Brussels airlines - it was much about $150 cheaper than on LH site.

The confirmation from Brussels works on LH, but I can't seem to modify seats or add bags

I'm Star Alliance Gold.

Should I call LH to add bags now?
AFAIK if you book an economy light fare, you don't have free bags even with *A Gold.
Same for seats, you have to pay to choose your seat in advance.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 12:24 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
My favorite Star Gold perk on LH Group is F and HON check in and boarding. It has always amazed that they prioritize an Avianca Brasil Gold in economy versus someone on a full fare J ticket...
trooper likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 2:39 am

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
My favorite Star Gold perk on LH Group is F and HON check in and boarding. It has always amazed that they prioritize an Avianca Brasil Gold in economy versus someone on a full fare J ticket...
You are not correct. *A Gold perks are not F and HON check in, but C and Senator check in. F and HON check in is only for bookings in F and HONs (no GSs and similar).
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:01 am

And the Senator check in is "First Class check-in", hence the *Gs check in at the F/HON desks.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:22 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by Lack
And the Senator check in is "First Class check-in", hence the *Gs check in at the F/HON desks.
...unlike SQ@SIN, where *G are invited to check in at the Premium Economy Desk (and SQ keeps *Gs out of their SilverKris lounges in SIN, too).
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:33 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by athome
You are not correct. *A Gold perks are not F and HON check in, but C and Senator check in. F and HON check in is only for bookings in F and HONs (no GSs and similar).
Yeah I can't drop my bags at the FCT and then walk back to the main terminal.. And at ZRH there is a separate F and HON check in like you described it and separate counters for SEN and *G.

But at EVERY SINGLE LH station I have been to the red label F check has the Star Gold logo and the blue label business lane doesn't. At MIA during boarding I stood in the empty F lane while the C lane was packed. The line dragon looked at my bp and said "You're in Economy, your line is over there" until I pointed to the *G marking and she apologized profusely
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:37 am

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Originally Posted by Lack
Yes thats correct at the outpost stations, where C and F are the same counter. That's not correct for the hubs (FRA, MUC, ZRH, ....)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.