Wiki Posts
Search

LOT ECONOMY SIMPLE and Baggage Allowance for *G

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2015, 7:43 am
Original Poster

LOT ECONOMY SIMPLE and Baggage Allowance for *G

Hey,

On LOT webpage i found the information that extra piece of luggage for *G works in all classes but Economy Simple (when you need to pay even for first piece of luggage).

Is this correct?

Doesn't it violate the *A rules about one extra baggage allowance?
Old Jun 10, 2015, 6:55 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I got one piece for free when checking in online. Though I was only traveling with hand luggage.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 2:02 am

Common sense says, yes, it does violate the *A rules, but they're printed like "1 additional bag", so what they basically say is that only if you do have SOME allowance, you get an additional bag. If you've no allowance, you don't get any extra allowance..

Best is to vote with your wallet and avoid LH Group (incl LOT) as much as possible, and fly with alternatives which haven't gone all the SCORE way..
Old Jun 11, 2015, 3:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Doesn't it violate the *A rules about one extra baggage allowance?
Good Morning mknalewo!
This is a practise that many other Star carriers are having.
No bags -> no extra bag.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by warakorn
Good Morning mknalewo!
No bags -> no extra bag.
many other (outside LH Group) as in?
Old Jun 11, 2015, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Air New Zealand for starters.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 4:05 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I was looking for the same answer. Not good
So it looks like I would have to buy up to their regular economy or just have my mom (who is *G also) and who is flying the same flight as me on part of a award ticket take my bag.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 4:47 am

Just to clarify, because there's some confusion:
In LO with OSIMPLE fare: FTL/SEN/HON: 1PC registered for free.
N1003U likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by egon.olsen
Just to clarify, because there's some confusion:
In LO with OSIMPLE fare: FTL/SEN/HON: 1PC registered for free.
Where have you found this info? On LOT page (http://www.lot.com/pl/en/checked-baggage) it looks that +1 extra dose not work for Economy Simple
Old Jun 11, 2015, 5:48 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by mknalewo
Where have you found this info? On LOT page (http://www.lot.com/pl/en/checked-baggage) it looks that +1 extra dose not work for Economy Simple
The website clearly states for LOT Economy class you get as SEN, HON, *Gold +1piece and as FTL +1piece. This rule is even for Economy simple.

You can have one additional piece of luggage. This means if you have a ticket where you have no free luggage (like Economy simple) you get in total one free piece of luggage (0+1=1).

If you have a ticket that gives you one free piece of luggage you get one additional piece of luggage. In total 2. (1+1=2)
N1003U likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyingfkb
The website clearly states for LOT Economy class you get as SEN, HON, *Gold +1piece and as FTL +1piece. This rule is even for Economy simple.
Well, the question is if "LOT Economy Class" in second table (the one with extra luggage" for FTLs) also covers "LOT Economy Simple" class which is shown as a separate class in first table (with luggage allowance).

I read it as follows: first table shows allowances for four different classes (Business, Premium Eco, Eco and Eco Simple) while second table shows extra luggage only for the three out of four classes (Business, Premium Eco, Eco) which means that Economy Simple does not have extra piece of luggage.

And maybe I am wrong reading this, and I would like to be wrong

The point is if anyone can confirm 100% that *G or FTL is indeed giving extra piece of luggage also in Simple (any *G traveller?).

If yes, then it is good news, although I believe info on the webpage can be misleading (at least it is misleading for me).
Old Jun 11, 2015, 8:22 am
Suspended

NZ!!!
Old Jun 11, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
Originally Posted by mknalewo
Well, the question is if "LOT Economy Class" in second table (the one with extra luggage" for FTLs) also covers "LOT Economy Simple" class which is shown as a separate class in first table (with luggage allowance).

I read it as follows: first table shows allowances for four different classes (Business, Premium Eco, Eco and Eco Simple) while second table shows extra luggage only for the three out of four classes (Business, Premium Eco, Eco) which means that Economy Simple does not have extra piece of luggage.

And maybe I am wrong reading this, and I would like to be wrong

The point is if anyone can confirm 100% that *G or FTL is indeed giving extra piece of luggage also in Simple (any *G traveller?).

If yes, then it is good news, although I believe info on the webpage can be misleading (at least it is misleading for me).
This issue was discussed on a Polish forum some time ago. Egon.Olsen is correct, SEN, HON, *Gold get one piece of luggage in Economy Simple in LO (unlike in LH Group, in their upcoming "simple" fare).
Old Jun 11, 2015, 11:43 am

NZ is now "many"?
Old Jun 11, 2015, 1:04 pm
Suspended

I was saying:
With that I meant the discussions around NZ and SN.

You say (and restrict yourself to non-LH star carriers.)
With that restriction my plural turns into a singular.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.