Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What`s left in F to FRA from the US?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2015, 10:59 am
Original Poster

What`s left in F to FRA from the US?

I see LH has drastically changed/cancelled service to/from many worldwide destinations for upcoming months.

Which flights will still have F cabin in July-Oct`15 departing to/from FRA?
Old Jun 9, 2015, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
I'm confused what you're looking at from us. You want us to list every single flight to a US city originating in FRA on LH that has F for the 4 months from July-October? That's a giant ask which is why nobody has responded to this yet.

For sure any flight operated with the A380 or the 748i will have F. I see you're on the east coast, so I'll try to be more helpful by giving some examples for July travel.
To JFK, LH 400 and LH 404 are operated by the A380 and the 748, respectively so both will have F.
To EWR LH 402 is the 748 - so again this has F.
To BOS the earlier LH 422 is the 748 - so has F.
To IAD, the later flight (LH418) is the 748 - so has F.

For your travel specifically, it's probably easier to go to LH and try and buy an F ticket for the city you want to go to on the date(s) you're looking at. If they're selling F, then F exists.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jmanirish
I'm confused what you're looking at from us. You want us to list every single flight to a US city originating in FRA on LH that has F for the 4 months from July-October? That's a giant ask which is why nobody has responded to this yet.

For sure any flight operated with the A380 or the 748i will have F. I see you're on the east coast, so I'll try to be more helpful by giving some examples for July travel.
To JFK, LH 400 and LH 404 are operated by the A380 and the 748, respectively so both will have F.
To EWR LH 402 is the 748 - so again this has F.
To BOS the earlier LH 422 is the 748 - so has F.
To IAD, the later flight (LH418) is the 748 - so has F.

For your travel specifically, it's probably easier to go to LH and try and buy an F ticket for the city you want to go to on the date(s) you're looking at. If they're selling F, then F exists.
Thanks! That`s exactly what I was looking for, but I guess ORD is also should be listed.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Kat007
Thanks! That`s exactly what I was looking for, but I guess ORD is also should be listed.
Most would not consider ORD on the east coast

The above was not meant to be a complete list. Of the top of my head, I know LAX (all flights), SFO, SEA (seasonal), ORD, and IAH have true F.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Kat007
What about checking the flights on the website??
Old Jun 10, 2015, 6:20 am

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Originally Posted by jmanirish
Most would not consider ORD on the east coast

The above was not meant to be a complete list. Of the top of my head, I know LAX (all flights), SFO, SEA (seasonal), ORD, and IAH have true F.
MIA too
Old Jun 10, 2015, 7:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
So then what are the nonstop TATL flights to FRA from the USA that no longer have IFC? So far, the list above seems to suggest one flight from IAD and one from BOS. I'm not sure that there are a whole lot more destinations served nonstop by LH operated flights. Maybe ATL, DTW, and LAS? These lists seem to refute the OP's premise that LH is drastically cutting IFC service to/from the USA.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 9:15 am

If the first class retrofit thread is to be believed (and it probably should be), there's still F service on all flights except those operated on the most A340-300 or B747-400 (which are all being converted to 2-class). I know ORD is B748 service for the summer and A346 offseason, so you'll have F on all flights from there.

Note that there is no F to Dusseldorf at this time.

The others are right - best way to confirm availability is to search LH.com for nonstop flights and see if they're selling F seats.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:38 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
BOS, ORD, IAD, MIA, SFO, LAX, IAH, SEA, EWR, JFK, PHL. Also I believe DEN has seasonal F but don't quote me.

YYZ isn't in the US....but it's close.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Madone59
BOS, ORD, IAD, MIA, SFO, LAX, IAH, SEA, EWR, JFK, PHL. Also I believe DEN has seasonal F but don't quote me.

YYZ isn't in the US....but it's close.
DEN no longer sells F since roughly March. It's being operated by a 744 that's being sold as all business. I believe the F seats are still installed and can be purchased for an extra fee, but the service is all C. I suppose they might bring a 788 with F on the route for the winter, but I wouldn't count on it.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JeffJ
I suppose they might bring a 788 with F on the route for the winter, but I wouldn't count on it.
I wouldn't count on it either.....they don't have any 788's . But I agree, no way the 748 goes to DEN.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by JeffJ
DEN no longer sells F since roughly March. It's being operated by a 744 that's being sold as all business. I believe the F seats are still installed and can be purchased for an extra fee, but the service is all C. I suppose they might bring a 788 with F on the route for the winter, but I wouldn't count on it.
As of recently, most of the DEN flights have been operating with the 744s that have been retrofitted (i.e new business class lie flats, no F seat/beds upstairs).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.