Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH first class seats assigned as business [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by sperrgepaeck
Meaning 8 of the C travellers have the lucky possibility to sit in a F seat, but with C service etc.
Yes, very lucky indeed! A much better resting experience than the C seat. ^

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
However, aircraft type is subject to last minute change
True, I'm not holding my breath, but it's also nice to look forward to!
Old Nov 1, 2011, 6:31 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
I am also flying in this route in 2 weeks time with a business partner.
On the flight FRA-ADD there are only C and Y seats, but on the return leg it is a 3 class configuration/2 class service. I managed to book 2 seats in row 1.
I am hoping there is not a last-minute change of aircraft.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 7:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by saviox
I am hoping there is not a last-minute change of aircraft.
^ Getting a true flat seat on the overnight return sure will be / would be heavenly!
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:24 am

Programs: LH member
Smile

Originally Posted by econometrics
Does LH do this often - operate the F cabin as "J"?
I do not know if it happend often.
It happend to me 1,5 years back on the retun flight from CPT to FRA. It was a A 340 with 3 class conf. and I was lucky to sit in 1A with my Z ticket. It was a Business service, but who cares if you can sleep in a F seat.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 9:15 am

Will they move passengers from these F-seats if HONs are on board? Any experience?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by CalFlyer
Will they move passengers from these F-seats if HONs are on board? Any experience?
LH doesn't behave like US/CO/UA, if you have the seat assigned you will not be moved from it no matter what happens(beside equipment swaps)....and many of the regular LH/OS flyers don't surfer from a superiority complex or sense of entitlement like some of our colleges here in the USA (sorry i left our LX ff since I notice that they seem to be bit more demanding than LH/OS ff..just my observation)
Old Nov 4, 2011, 10:40 am

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
So for winter 426 is a 3 class 3 service, or 3 class 2 service flight I am looking forward to LH F service, I can get over the seat
Old Jul 30, 2013, 1:24 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Found this today:

Code:
                       GGAIRLHSEAT           EN   4MAR13 1526Z                 
  ASR NEWS ************************************************************L*       

FIRST CLASS CABIN AS BUSINESS CLASS ON TWO CLASS (C/M) CONFIGURATIONS:       

ON FLIGHTS OPERATED USING THREE CABIN EQUIPMENT (A330 AND A340)              
   WHICH ARE MARKETED AS BUSINESS AND ECONOMY, THE FIRST TWO ROWS IN THE        
   BUSINESS CLASS ARE IN FACT LOCATED IN THE FIRST CLASS CABIN.                 
   FOR THESE SEATS ASR IS POSSIBLE FOR HON-CLUB MEMBERS OR SENATORS PLUS        
   A MAXIMUM OF THREE ACCOMPANYING PASSENGERS, BOOKED IN THE SAME PNR.          

AFFECTED AIRCRAFT   CONFIGURATION                                            
   A330-300            C56 M165                                                 
                       C44 M197                                                 

AFFECTED AIRCRAFT   CONFIGURATION   (EFF 28OCT12)                            
   A340-300            C56 M165                                                 
                       C44 M197                                                 

A340-600            C68 M238                                                 
                       C56 M270                                                 

>
Old Jul 30, 2013, 1:26 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
HON-CLUB MEMBERS?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 3:12 pm

Programs: LH HON
LH 343 first class seats sold as business? [merged 2 class sold on 3 class aircraft]

Do we have a list of affected routes?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 4:01 pm

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
HON-CLUB MEMBERS?
and Senator Plus.... we always speculated about SEN+ ... is this now a confirmation of a offical SEN+ category?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 7:27 pm

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Originally Posted by HKG1111
and Senator Plus.... we always speculated about SEN+ ... is this now a confirmation of a offical SEN+ category?
they say "Hon and Sen plus max three accompanying passengers"...
Nothing to do with the imaginary SEN+
Old Jul 31, 2013, 1:08 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The usual 2 class 343 routes can be easily estimated by tracking one of the 34Vs like D-AIGB:

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/d-aigb

The four remaining 34Vs will leave the fleet this year.

The 2 class concept will come into full force around Winter2014/15 when the first 343s will get retrofitted with new C and old F completely removed. In that transition you will probably see an increase of 34V routes with 3 class aircraft.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 3:22 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by HKG1111
Comma usage seems not to be a major strength of many people these days...

Originally Posted by afmiami
they say "Hon and Sen plus max three accompanying passengers"...
Nothing to do with the imaginary SEN+
+1. A comma after SENATOR would have made the point more clearly...
(Commas can even save lives: Let's eat, Grandma!...vs...Let's eat Grandma!)

Last edited by N1003U; Jul 31, 2013 at 1:45 pm
Old Oct 7, 2013, 4:32 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
So for FRA-NGO, I could potentially get the F seats at the airport? March 2014, BTW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.