LH first class seats assigned as business [merged]

Old Sep 17, 09, 5:50 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 402
Exclamation LH first class seats assigned as business [merged]

I had the pleasure to burn miles on flights that were SOLD as a two class service only, but actually FLOWN by a three class configured aircraft. those typically were routes served by the 346, DEN, CPT, spring to mind.
in my human greed to maximise my travel experience (and sit in F), does anyone know if such routes still exist or was that an interim measure while some of the 346 were undergoing a conversion (certainly CPT is now sold as a three class service)?
yapak2 is offline  
Old Sep 17, 09, 6:15 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: FRA
Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Posts: 4,213
This was only interim. I could still happen on 2-class routes, but only very rarely and probably last minute after some unscheduled aircraft changes.
SleepOverGreenland is offline  
Old Sep 17, 09, 6:19 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 402
Thanks, SoG.
do you have a list (or link) of what those two-class routes are for the upcoming Winter season though?
yapak2 is offline  
Old Sep 17, 09, 8:02 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: FRA
Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Posts: 4,213
Originally Posted by yapak2 View Post
Thanks, SoG.
do you have a list (or link) of what those two-class routes are for the upcoming Winter season though?
No, don't have a list. There are few remaining cities served by some of the remaining two-class A340-300 ex FRA. ATL, PHL, DFW and YYC come to my mind.
SleepOverGreenland is offline  
Old Sep 6, 11, 12:26 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Denmark
Posts: 785
Does LH ever use F class for J class passengers?

Was selecting seats today on a LH flight from ADD-FRA and was able to select seats in row 1 dispite the seat chart showing this as first class seats. Does LH sometimes operate a 3 class aircraft with a 2 class service?
Mogensen is offline  
Old Sep 6, 11, 12:32 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,806
I have not heard of this happening, but I could certainly be wrong.


Are you sure the seat is in a first class cabin? First on a 330/340/380 is always 1-2-1 and J is always 2-2-2. The 747 F is now four rows of 1-1. This is the best way to be sure.
will2288 is offline  
Old Sep 6, 11, 12:52 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,859
Originally Posted by Mogensen View Post
Was selecting seats today on a LH flight from ADD-FRA and was able to select seats in row 1 dispite the seat chart showing this as first class seats. Does LH sometimes operate a 3 class aircraft with a 2 class service?
Yes. The seats upfront are usually reserved for day of departure/HON/SEN.
Lack is offline  
Old Sep 6, 11, 12:55 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: YYZ
Posts: 1,431
Indeed, they do. I had the same situation on a FRA-YYZ last year. I believe this will happen mostly on flights with old F, where F sales are suspended until LH gets all their F cabins converted to new F. You basically get an (arguably) better seat with more room, but same C service.
blue2002 is offline  
Old Sep 6, 11, 12:56 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: YYZ
Posts: 1,431
Originally Posted by Lack View Post
Yes. The seats upfront are usually reserved for day of departure/HON/SEN.
Not in my case. I was on a discounted J ticket on AC stock with LH codeshare flights, had no status to speak of at the time, and was able to select these seats pretty much at time of booking.
blue2002 is offline  
Old Sep 6, 11, 1:51 pm
  #10  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 39,870
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ss-flight.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...frankfurt.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ght-ala-2.html
oliver2002 is offline  
Old Sep 6, 11, 4:30 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,806
Originally Posted by blue2002 View Post
Indeed, they do. I had the same situation on a FRA-YYZ last year. I believe this will happen mostly on flights with old F, where F sales are suspended until LH gets all their F cabins converted to new F. You basically get an (arguably) better seat with more room, but same C service.
Good to know, I didn't realize that.

While the old LH F is not that great by F standards, I disagree that it is only arguably better than LH J. I think the old LH F seat is still much better than LH J.
will2288 is offline  
Old Sep 6, 11, 11:07 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Denmark
Posts: 785
Ok - so it has happend before. Funny thing is that this flight is In jan2012 so it must be either a glitch or perhaps that this route Will no longer be using f.
Mogensen is offline  
Old Sep 7, 11, 11:17 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,558
It looks as though they are not selling F on that flight from Jan 1 to March 29, 2012.
F cabin is available again starting March 30 - maybe they have seasonal F service on that route?
I have 2 seats in F on that route booked for July.
Flyingfox is offline  
Old Sep 7, 11, 2:15 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: SIN/ZRH (time, not preference)
Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
Posts: 35,048
Originally Posted by blue2002 View Post
..You basically get an (arguably) better seat with more room, but same C service.
Arguably ?

The antique LH F sofa is super-cozy and the LH C seat is one of the worst in the skies when it comes to sleeping. It's ok to work though, so I won't try to sleep in that thing.
weero is offline  
Old Sep 7, 11, 10:02 pm
  #15  
htb
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Programs: LH M&M (was: SEN), UA*G(1K), PC Spire Amb, Marriott Gold (by virtue of UA*G), Accor Gold
Posts: 4,608
Originally Posted by will2288 View Post
While the old LH F is not that great by F standards, I disagree that it is only arguably better than LH J. I think the old LH F seat is still much better than LH J.
Unless, of course, you take in-seat entertainment into the equation.

HTB.
htb is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: