Wiki Posts
Search

LH first class seats assigned as business [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2014, 6:59 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
paid seats in 744UD now 4 seats/row again

I researched about EWR flights and it seems the now 2 class offering on LH402/403 features former F paid seats in the 744 upper deck. What surprises me is that they offer 2 seats/row in rows 81/82 and 4 seats per row in row 83/84. What the heck...? I hope this is an expertflyer bug but I fear something very sinister is going on here. Any input?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ralfkrippner
I researched about EWR flights and it seems the now 2 class offering on LH402/403 features former F paid seats in the 744 upper deck. What surprises me is that they offer 2 seats/row in rows 81/82 and 4 seats per row in row 83/84. What the heck...? I hope this is an expertflyer bug but I fear something very sinister is going on here. Any input?
No bug. Expert Flyer is correct.

I was on FRA/DEN last week and there were 14 pax on upper deck.

Good service though and a great purser.

The old 744 had a lot of pieces repaired etc and there were some problems with the AVOD for others (I stuck to Flynet so cannot comment).

Interestingly they still have the "Lufthansa First Class" signs up which gave a chuckle to the crew members when I asked them about it.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 7:23 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by ralfkrippner
On end of july I did FRA EWR in P. Online checkin proposed upper deck; since I've never been there I randomly chose a seat. We were only in two. Great seat nothing like the crappy ones on A380 to JNB.

On the return flight online checking did not offer upper deck. At the gate I asked if there were any seat free on upperdeck. All of them; I was alone. the FA said something about the UD seats being sold fro 500€ from October.

And yes there are still the First Class labels

Last edited by sventrax; Sep 22, 2014 at 7:29 am
Old Sep 22, 2014, 8:01 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
This is a screenshot of this weird configuration - why do they sell 2 seats in 81 and 82 and 4 seats in 83 and 84?

Old Sep 22, 2014, 8:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Because some of the upper deck old F seats in the UD of D-ABTH and TF are inop and not for sale.

Soon D-ABVW with 22 new C seats in the US will enter service and make thing even more confusing

But no worries, both old 744s will be gone this winter...
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:20 pm
kuj

Programs: UA1MM
To clarify, UD still has all 16 old First Class seats installed. Not sure why they only offer a single seat per side in rows 81 and 82.

Personally took D-ABTF to Denver a couple of weeks ago, and was happy to have 82 H and K to myself. Also confirming that both seats worked just fine. While the seat map was blocking all UD seats for me in the weeks prior to the actual flight, online check-in let me move myself from 4D to 82 H just fine. Was a bit anxious if in the end it would work, with the discussion of the $500 "seat fee" here on the forum. And when they called for my name to come see a gate agent, I thought I had lost the seat. Turned out there were more people on the flight that share the same last name, and I could enjoy my UD seats. Had great service for the duration of the flight, with a total of 8 pax on the UD.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kuj
To clarify, UD still has all 16 old First Class seats installed. Not sure why they only offer a single seat per side in rows 81 and 82.
Because not all of the seats are mechanically operational.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by oliver2002
..But no worries, both old 744s will be gone this winter...
Now I can again sleep in peace!

Or in sight of peace when PE will be arriving ...
Old Sep 22, 2014, 3:37 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
So has anyone actually paid €500 or $700 to sit on the upper deck?
Old Sep 26, 2014, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Flew EWR-FRA a couple days ago on a J award, got my (*G) wife a seat in 84H at check-n for free (last one though so downstairs ski slope for me )

She said there were a bunch of Siemens guys up there acting like they owned the place...

Note that having *G numbers in there at OLCI did nothing for us, couldn't select the seats til the airport.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Note that having *G numbers in there at OLCI did nothing for us, couldn't select the seats til the airport.
Correct- this is the experience my colleague had as well.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
As I mentioned in another thread I could select seat 1A on my upcoming FRA-PHL (A333). I am FTL and travelling in booking class D. Not sure why I could select the seat for free (or at least I think so, maybe our corporate TA got an extra bill ).
On that flight I will make SEN, but I guess that's completely irrelevant.

The return is scheduled to have new C (A343) and no first, and I could select 1C.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 10:56 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
We are flying DEN-FRA next week, how can we pick the UD seats? Are the J seats on this plane terrible?!
Old Sep 27, 2014, 1:02 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

ASR for the F seats is only against payment for an EMD of 500EUR/700USD. Once OLCI opens, HON/SEN/*G can pick the seats, at the airport anyone can ask for them.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 4:08 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by ryan754
Are the J seats on this plane terrible?!
YES they are !!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.