Wiki Posts
Search

Component fairs pricing less than full itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: PetCo Pals Rewards
Component fairs pricing less than full itinerary

Hi, I am rather new to flyertalk, and was hoping that someone could help me understand some of the fares I am getting on ITA matrix soft.

I am flying to Vienna with a stopover in Frankfurt in July.

When I price out the SFO->Frankfurt legs, it comes out to $1873. The Frankfurt to Vienna comes to $205.90 for a total of $2083. When I price out the whole itinerary though, it comes out to $3376. Though trying on some other OTAs I can get it for $2114.

It looks like when I do the individual flights, the FRA->VIE is K and return is T. However when I do the whole itinerary it forces me to bc Y and S on the FRA-VIE legs.

Any idea why this is happening and what I can do to get the lower price? Or should I just book two separate itineraries?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:25 am

The lower fares might not allow for a stopover, hence the bump to a higher fare (and price).

Separate itineraries doesn't protect you in case of irregular operations, so I'd try to go with the OTA finding.

$2k is quite a bit of money for a Y fare, you can get a business class deal for that much coin in the summer months.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PetCo Pals Rewards
Thanks. It looks like I was able to get it even on ITA by coercing it to use the correct code shares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.