Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reviews/Feedback on LH Premium Economy flights?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2015, 6:05 pm

Programs: United Plat
A340-600 sfo-muc

How is row 26, the last row of premium economy on A340-600 used for SFO-MUC?

Do the 3 middle seats on row 26 have more leg rooms?
Old Jun 13, 2015, 12:11 am

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by sfo3388
How is row 26, the last row of premium economy on A340-600 used for SFO-MUC?

Do the 3 middle seats on row 26 have more leg rooms?
Yes, the 3 middle seats on row 26 have the most legroom in the E+ cabin, even more than 25A/B. The down side is people use it as a walkway to get between the 2 aisles.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 4:01 pm

I was reading a review on PE seats the other day, and someone mentioned it's cheaper to wait until the airport/onboard to purchase your upgrade. Has anyone had experience with the 'My Offer' option on Lufthansa?
Old Jun 13, 2015, 5:32 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerboy87
I was reading a review on PE seats the other day, and someone mentioned it's cheaper to wait until the airport/onboard to purchase your upgrade. Has anyone had experience with the 'My Offer' option on Lufthansa?
Have you checked this thread?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...pgrade-pe.html
Old Jun 20, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
I'm currently booked in 10A PE bulkhead on A343.

Is it correct that this is not an exit row? I'd like a window rather than a door.

Someone mentioned up thread about a bassinet position. I will consider moving away from the bulkhead if the danger of a bassinet is possible. Will there be one in this cabin?

Am I right in thinking the IFE screen is stowed in the armrest on PE bulkhead seat? If so, does this result in any less seat width?

Last edited by go_around; Jun 20, 2015 at 4:30 pm
Old Jun 24, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: LH SEN
PE seat sleeping confort

Hi

For the third time I've done FRA-JNB in PE and found the seats not the best to sleep. Clearly I am not comparing with a business seat, but with two adjacent economy seats. In the later I can sort of cuddle in the two seats and nap much more than the single PE

Is it just me with a so so opinion of PE seats?

Cheers
Old Jun 24, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA, TG, LH
Clearly I am not comparing with a business seat
But it's similar to old business seat, befor they reclined as much as they do today.

two adjacent economy are not always easier to cuddle from my experience, e.g. when the armrest was fixed or had the TV inside, when the seat don't recline even one mm, or when the legroom of the seats in front of you have boxed for the entertainment system that limit the legroom. I would rate E+ in LH, cuddle wise, similar Eco seats at an emergency exit.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 3:42 am

Will be flying LH PE on an A340-300 (FRA-KUL). Any suggestions on what is the best seat for a solo traveller. I usually like the last seat, but I notice on the seat map, just behind is the Y seats...is there a lot of space between last row PE and first row Y (I don't like to recine into other people's space....). Thanks.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 7:03 am

Programs: EK Platinum, QR Gold, LH Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Priority Pass, Global Entry
true, but better than economy

Originally Posted by sventrax
Hi

For the third time I've done FRA-JNB in PE and found the seats not the best to sleep. Clearly I am not comparing with a business seat, but with two adjacent economy seats. In the later I can sort of cuddle in the two seats and nap much more than the single PE

Is it just me with a so so opinion of PE seats?

Cheers
I've now done 6 JNB-FRA legs in PE. I find I am able to get at least SOME sleep due to the quieter cabin (on the 380) and the greater recline and a bit more leg room. Definitely NOT a biz class seat, but a heck of a lot cheaper than biz prices.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by go_around
I'm currently booked in 10A PE bulkhead on A343.

Is it correct that this is not an exit row? I'd like a window rather than a door.

Someone mentioned up thread about a bassinet position. I will consider moving away from the bulkhead if the danger of a bassinet is possible. Will there be one in this cabin?

Am I right in thinking the IFE screen is stowed in the armrest on PE bulkhead seat? If so, does this result in any less seat width?
Bumping this in case anyone is able to add anything.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 6:59 am

Has anyone flown PE on the A343 yet?

Has anyone actually travelled in Premium Economy on the A343 yet?

Over on Viel someone is suggesting (with a photo) that the front row PE seats on the A346 don't give that much room before the bulkhead: http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/lufth...sstart-12.html Can't read German so have just used Chrome to translate... Looks like they were booked on this version http://www.lufthansa.com/mediapool/p...1605747479.pdf because of the location of the emergency exit.

Wondering if the A343 is the same in terms of distance to the bulkhead - or maybe even worse because of the lack of an emergency exit at the front row of PE. Booked from KUL which apparently had PE launched on 3rd June.

Looks like I'm booked on this version: http://www.lufthansa.com/mediapool/p..._932608157.pdf
Old Jul 25, 2015, 1:02 am

Programs: Miles&More, Skywards
PE best seats on A380 Fra-Jnb

Hi folks
I went through all this amazing thread but I didn't find out what I am looking for.
As said in the title I will fly to Jnb in August and I booked PE seat on both trips, I just want to know if the aisle seats of central bulkhead row is the best in term of leg extension (in order to put a bag while cruising under my legs and reach almost horizontal position for legs) or if because of bulkhead this seat allows a smaller leg stretch compared to other central rows seat. Unfortunately the two side rows are already booked so I cannot have them as an option.
Another question is if bulkhead seats have power plug or not.
Thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2015, 10:44 pm

By the way, it looks from the seat map that the 4th row of PE on A343 has no window.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 3:50 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
I would be interested, purely in terms of comfort, to hear from anyone who has flown EVA PE and LH. I had a great sleep on EVA and wonder if someone who has flown LH could comment on the two?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
I would be interested, purely in terms of comfort, to hear from anyone who has flown EVA PE and LH. I had a great sleep on EVA and wonder if someone who has flown LH could comment on the two?
I used EVA PE once, but only on the very short sector TPE-HKG where PE seats were opened up to Y passengers. The seat was very substantial and comfortable - will report back on how LH PE compares even if I'll be on that for a much longer sector.

P.S. Which aircraft for EVA? I used 747M Combi, so not the most modern interior (but a fantastic experience).

Last edited by go_around; Jul 28, 2015 at 8:43 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.