Search

Checked bag question - final dest.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2015, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Checked bag question - final dest.

Hi, appreciate your help.

Ive booked a fare from DUB-FRA-EZE in March
Now ive decided i might get an extra flight independently from EZE.
The extra flight departs 1hr 30 after i land in EZE which is risky but i think do-able.
My question is can i request when i check my bag at DUB (to EZE) for them to change the destination to my extra trip destination by showing them the online boarding pass?

Is it ok for them, are there legal implications or would it be a 50/50 chance they'd allow to do it as a favour or would they simply refuse as its not part of my booked itinerary?

Cheers, can elaborate if necessary, tried not to confuse.

ta
Old Jan 2, 2015, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
What airlines? Some will check through on a second ticket and some wont. Even if they could, that connection time is extremely risky on separate tickets. If you miss your connection in EZE you will likely have to but a new ticket to get to the final destination
Old Jan 2, 2015, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CDKing
What airlines? Some will check through on a second ticket and some wont. Even if they could, that connection time is extremely risky on separate tickets. If you miss your connection in EZE you will likely have to but a new ticket to get to the final destination
Hi, thanks for response. its Lufthansa main itinerary and the add on would be Aerolineas Argentinas.

Yep i know its short hence ive still not pulled the trigger on it. Only other option is 8 hours later from AEP so im more inclined to take the risk.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:20 pm

LH and AR should have an interlining agreement according to some old (~2012) forum posts, so in principle it could work.

Whether you would be able to find an agent in DUB with enough knowledge and empowerment to do such a thing is a complete different story, and very unlikely IMHO.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by malmostoso
Whether you would be able to find an agent in DUB with enough knowledge and empowerment to do such a thing is a complete different story, and very unlikely IMHO.
+1. If not possible to travel with carry-on only, I'd definitely go for the longer layover.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.