Brussels Airline SN [european business class]

Old Dec 13, 14, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Brussels Airline SN [european business class]

Earlier this year I flew through BRU to CDG in Buz Class on SN. (actually I was flying on UA in Global First to/from BRU with connections in J on SN).

I found the experience to be dreadful. The airline advertises its Euro J class to be 2 x 2 Y configuration but on both flights I had someone crammed into the middle seats contrary to their policy. And no meals to speak of either. Losey service all around and not worth a penny more than discounted economy.

Have others had similar experiences and what compensation did you get, if any? I have had zilch. Need to know as I mount my complaint to SN.

Please let me know here or by PM.
Old Dec 14, 14, 8:26 am

Programs: LX HON, AFKL Platinum, BA Gold->Blue again
Other than the free middle seat (never had an issue with that on dozens of flights SN), this sounds like SN's European C, indeed like pretty much anyone's European C class.

You got what SN promised, with the possible exception of the middle seat not being empty (they do not keep a seat empty on the Avro's AB side as there is technically no middle seat in a row of 2).

Don't bother complaining to SN. Actually, don't bother complaining at all. I am sure that you survived the 40 minutes flights without lasting physical or psychological damage. And why not take a direct flight next time?
Old Dec 14, 14, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by MichielR View Post
Don't bother complaining to SN. Actually, don't bother complaining at all. I am sure that you survived the 40 minutes flights without lasting physical or psychological damage. And why not take a direct flight next time?
Ridiculous reply. The middle-seat should be empty and he should get a meal. Absolutely complain. You should get some miles. What's left for this product? Maybe he could have squeezed in the overhead rack???
Old Dec 15, 14, 12:12 am

Only one reply before the ad hominem, not bad.

According to SN's website you should indeed have had a middle seat free:

You cherish your personal space?
We'll always keep the middle seat free for our Bizz&Class guests
That said, I remember reading here on FT several issues with the BRU-CDG flight, where in many cases the middle seat was not free. Also it seems that this flight is operated with an A320, so it's not a problem of having an RJ.
When you say "no meal to speak of", if you were expecting a 3 course dinner I can see why you were disappointed, but I'd be very surprised if you did not get anything at all.

Lose that attitude, write a firm letter to SN (there is a SN lurker here on FT, his/her username is KimDaenen), and let us know what you get in reply. My guess: nothing.

Last edited by malmostoso; Dec 15, 14 at 3:02 am
Old Dec 15, 14, 2:21 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: LH SEN
Lets not get personal if someone doesn't share your opinion.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod LH|M&M forum