FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Brussels Airline SN [european business class] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1637082-brussels-airline-sn-european-business-class.html)

100,000miler Dec 13, 2014 9:34 pm

Brussels Airline SN [european business class]

Earlier this year I flew through BRU to CDG in Buz Class on SN. (actually I was flying on UA in Global First to/from BRU with connections in J on SN).

I found the experience to be dreadful. The airline advertises its Euro J class to be 2 x 2 Y configuration but on both flights I had someone crammed into the middle seats contrary to their policy. And no meals to speak of either. Losey service all around and not worth a penny more than discounted economy.

Have others had similar experiences and what compensation did you get, if any? I have had zilch. Need to know as I mount my complaint to SN.

Please let me know here or by PM.

MichielR Dec 14, 2014 8:26 am

Other than the free middle seat (never had an issue with that on dozens of flights SN), this sounds like SN's European C, indeed like pretty much anyone's European C class.

You got what SN promised, with the possible exception of the middle seat not being empty (they do not keep a seat empty on the Avro's AB side as there is technically no middle seat in a row of 2).

Don't bother complaining to SN. Actually, don't bother complaining at all. I am sure that you survived the 40 minutes flights without lasting physical or psychological damage. And why not take a direct flight next time?

hugolover Dec 14, 2014 10:43 am

Originally Posted by MichielR (Post 23994920)
Don't bother complaining to SN. Actually, don't bother complaining at all. I am sure that you survived the 40 minutes flights without lasting physical or psychological damage. And why not take a direct flight next time?

Ridiculous reply. The middle-seat should be empty and he should get a meal. Absolutely complain. You should get some miles. What's left for this product? Maybe he could have squeezed in the overhead rack???

malmostoso Dec 15, 2014 12:12 am

Only one reply before the ad hominem, not bad.

According to SN's website you should indeed have had a middle seat free:

You cherish your personal space?
We'll always keep the middle seat free for our Bizz&Class guests
That said, I remember reading here on FT several issues with the BRU-CDG flight, where in many cases the middle seat was not free. Also it seems that this flight is operated with an A320, so it's not a problem of having an RJ.
When you say "no meal to speak of", if you were expecting a 3 course dinner I can see why you were disappointed, but I'd be very surprised if you did not get anything at all.

Lose that attitude, write a firm letter to SN (there is a SN lurker here on FT, his/her username is KimDaenen), and let us know what you get in reply. My guess: nothing.

oliver2002 Dec 15, 2014 2:21 am

Lets not get personal if someone doesn't share your opinion.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod LH|M&M forum