Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH M&M 30 segments flights to reach silver

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:05 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Etihad is the last airline that would ever join a global alliance.

And to be honest, frequent flyer programmes would be rendered pretty useless if infrequent *A flyers were able to obtain status in them.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by gojko88
Etihad is the last airline that would ever join a global alliance.
I would say there's less chance of EK, but I'm gold with them anyway, so EY would be the best bet with QR recently joining One World.

Originally Posted by gojko88
And to be honest, frequent flyer programmes would be rendered pretty useless if infrequent *A flyers were able to obtain status in them.
Infrequent *A flyers might become frequent if they could get one of the ME airlines on-board.

Any suggestion as to which scheme to join, even if the benefits are currently likely to be very low level?
Old Jul 2, 2022, 5:04 am

Programs: M&M
Lufthansa FTL and Eurowings flight segments.

Lufthansa FTL can be renewed by flying 30 segments "on scheduled flights operated by Air Dolomiti, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, Eurowings, LOT Polish Airlines, Luxair, Lufthansa and SWISS providing booking classes and fares are used which entitle passengers to earn miles".

It seems to me that in the past Eurowings did not reward miles in the BASIC fare, and that therefore those flights wouldn't had counted. However, going to this page

www.eurowings.com/en/your-rewards/loyalty-programs/miles-more/how-it-works-mm.html

and clicking on "Status miles / booking class-based system", it looks like something has changed, as it seems all flights (even with the BASIC fare) would rewards miles. Therefore I would conclude that any Eurowings flights gives a segment valid towards reaching the 30 segments needed for Lufthansa FTL.

Has someone flown with Eurowings recently? Can someone confirm this?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 8, 2022, 3:51 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Originally Posted by Renzo
Ok. But what about UNITED? or SAS?
Why are not in this list. Or is just to mention some of the alliance.
Thanks a lot for quickly answer.
Because LH will not give you FTL status if you spend and fly on United or Singapore or Turkish. You can fly on any Miles and More airlines as OP advised.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 4:53 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by zakk
Lufthansa FTL can be renewed by flying 30 segments "on scheduled flights operated by Air Dolomiti, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, Eurowings, LOT Polish Airlines, Luxair, Lufthansa and SWISS providing booking classes and fares are used which entitle passengers to earn miles".

It seems to me that in the past Eurowings did not reward miles in the BASIC fare, and that therefore those flights wouldn't had counted. However, going to this page

http://www.eurowings.com/en/your-rew...-works-mm.html

and clicking on "Status miles / booking class-based system", it looks like something has changed, as it seems all flights (even with the BASIC fare) would rewards miles. Therefore I would conclude that any Eurowings flights gives a segment valid towards reaching the 30 segments needed for Lufthansa FTL.

Has someone flown with Eurowings recently? Can someone confirm this?

Thanks in advance!
Not too long ago, Eurowings liquitaded its own Boomerang program and integrated fully into M&M. The change may have been since then. In any case, all EW flights are now earning.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Eurowings always did offer miles and segments for the BASIC fare. I profited from it often.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.