Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Updates for LH First Class Services

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Updates for LH First Class Services

Recently, I had a pleasure of chatting with one of main people responsible for LH First Class services. Here is what`s new coming our way when we fly in LH F:

LH is currently negotiating with Hilton to provide First Class passengers with a complimentary hotel use (as it used to be with Kempinski). Sheraton didn`t work out well (it`s not free). Hilton is supposedly will be complimentary.

First Class Terminal will be remodeled during a short period of time in September. It will be furnished with new pieces as well. Guests won`t experience inconvenience, as the job will be done during night hours.

LH is also working on providing a special line for pre-arrival needs for First Class passengers.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Kat007
Recently, I had a pleasure of chatting with one of main people responsible for LH First Class services. Here is what`s new coming our way when we fly in LH F:

LH is currently negotiating with Hilton to provide First Class passengers with a complimentary hotel use (as it used to be with Kempinski). Sheraton didn`t work out well (it`s not free). Hilton is supposedly will be complimentary.

First Class Terminal will be remodeled during a short period of time in September. It will be furnished with new pieces as well. Guests won`t experience inconvenience, as the job will be done during night hours.

LH is also working on providing a special line for pre-arrival needs for First Class passengers.
These are good ideas indeed. Did your acquaintance tell you the estimated time to achieve them?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mmff
These are good ideas indeed. Did your acquaintance tell you the estimated time to achieve them?
The remodeling will be done within 1-2 months.

The new (pilot) pre-departure service will be first tested for those departing from large airports (such as in New York & Chicago), and then gradually added to the rest of the airports.

In that service, even a pick up from home/office is included.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
The new (pilot) pre-departure service will be first tested for those departing from large airports (such as in New York & Chicago), and then gradually added to the rest of the airports.

In Chicago, the pickup from home/office would be nice. I'm wondering what else they'll do at ORD as at the moment LH only has access to the UA lounge close to their B departure gates, and also to the less convenient First Class Lounge in C.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:52 pm

That is very exciting news...

can some of our resident HONs chime in on these developments, i am sure they are aware of it by now......
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:43 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Not aware of anything to be honest.

Interesting to hear about the "pre-departure" services. Is there also some hope that post-arrival services will be re-introduced, i..e the PAs that in some places really worked well?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by divjan
That is very exciting news...

can some of our resident HONs chime in on these developments, i am sure they are aware of it by now......
I'd also argue that in quite a lot of stations the PAs have been axed.
Mr Spohr's announcements in his letter to HONs has so far not led to any improvements. Still waiting eagerly here.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Not aware of anything to be honest.
Same for me.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 4:29 pm

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP

The pick-up/drop-off was offered in certain European countries.
I used it twice in Italy in December 2013.
Does anybody know if it is still offered somewhere at this time?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 4:53 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by afmiami
The pick-up/drop-off was offered in certain European countries.
I used it twice in Italy in December 2013.
Does anybody know if it is still offered somewhere at this time?
Yes, it's still offered at 5 UK airports (LHR, LCY, MAN, BHX and EDI) for trips within a 50 mile radius to passengers holding a paid LH or LX First Class ticket.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Rambuster
I'd also argue that in quite a lot of stations the PAs have been axed.
Mr Spohr's announcements in his letter to HONs has so far not led to any improvements. Still waiting eagerly here.
+ 1

IMHO HON service continues to deteriorate
Old Jul 31, 2014, 6:38 am

I'm surprised that this LH F person you refer to gave you the info re: FCT. I guess it WAS non public information.

Last edited by LufthansaFlyer; Jul 31, 2014 at 11:43 am
Old Jul 31, 2014, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by milepig
In Chicago, the pickup from home/office would be nice. I'm wondering what else they'll do at ORD as at the moment LH only has access to the UA lounge close to their B departure gates, and also to the less convenient First Class Lounge in C.
Do not expected any pick up service in the immediate or distant future and do not expect any proprietary lounge options at ORD.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
I'm surprised that this LH F person you refer to gave you the info re: FCT. I guess it WAS non public information.
The PA in the FCT told us about it last month. Didn't appear it was secret or non public then.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by lloydah
The PA in the FCT told us about it last month. Didn't appear it was secret or non public then.
I guess even the best pipes will spring a leak once in a while.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.