Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH Premium Economy : Info from ITB, FT/VFT FAQ, and more

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2014, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HKG1111
thanks for the detailed review and inside. I noted in another article that LH goes up to 150% for M&M when flying PE. There is no difference to even Z class in terms of Miles anymore. I am sure the new PE will compromise some C class sales and I would not be surprised to see an increasing number of PE seats and reduced C seats going forward.
You won't get any HON circle miles though if you fly Y+ which I find a bit odd.

Also- as noted Y+ actually earns more miles than P- similar to how B and Z earn the same number of miles at the moment- a bit odd the way the program is set up now and really does in a way incentivize flying other than business.

Given a number of aircraft are eliminating F- I don't know if Lufthansa will be able to decrease the number of C seats, increase Y+, and end up with an overall higher yield.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 3:55 am

Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
does not look bad. I can imagine to book it for shorter long haul flights for example middle east or USA (east cost). But also depening on the fares. I would not pay more than 1500 USD for this destinations (ex-ZRH)

I thought only the higher booking classes in Y+ get 150 % miles. The lower ones 100% ?
Old Oct 6, 2014, 4:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
G&E will be 150%, N 100%.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 4:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Some images from the flight from a swiss viewpoint: http://www.aerotelegraph.com/das-bie...-von-lufthansa
Very grainy photos...
Old Oct 6, 2014, 5:28 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Some images from the flight from a swiss viewpoint: http://www.aerotelegraph.com/das-bie...-von-lufthansa
Very grainy photos...
Oh, yea, that reminds me: I forgot to mention that you also get an extra 23kg/1pc. luggage allowance with a Y+ booking, for those to whom such things are important...

...and you can buy departure lounge access for 25€ and Welcome Lounge access for 50€...something that certainly might appeal to the once-a-year crowd...
Old Oct 6, 2014, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N1003U
Oh, yea, that reminds me: I forgot to mention that you also get an extra 23kg/1pc. luggage allowance with a Y+ booking, for those to whom such things are important...

...and you can buy departure lounge access for 25€ and Welcome Lounge access for 50€...something that certainly might appeal to the once-a-year crowd...
Actually I think both are quite valuable benefits to the occasional overseas customers!
Old Oct 6, 2014, 7:09 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Thanks for the pics and the report N1003U

Very pretty product and I love the divided arm rest. Big plus over BA's and OF's product.

Does the thing really not have a legrest though? I'd prefer the legrests over footrests generally ... much less obstruction of the legroom.
..the seat I had didn’t overload when I plugged in my 85W Apple power supply and connected it to a dead MacBookPro (!!). That alone is to me almost worth more than the old C seats (which tend to crap out at load of about 55-60 VA IME) to me on day (westbound) flights.
The low end magsafe 60W power supply (about 77VA according to my meter) will trip the C seat within about 2 minutes ... a very annoying feature.

Overall a great product and pretty amenity bag. They could never offer this on a route still serviced by the new-old-C cabin ... it would become a non-sell very quickly.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by weero
Thanks for the pics and the report N1003U

Very pretty product and I love the divided arm rest. Big plus over BA's and OF's product.

Does the thing really not have a legrest though? I'd prefer the legrests over footrests generally ... much less obstruction of the legroom.
Yes, it is a nice product, and attractive to me especially for day flights.

Legrest only in the front row, just like on CX. LH's excuse was as usual customer preference in focus group testing, but I am not so sure. Footrests fold totally out of the way when not in use.

Bigger problem to me was the footwell of regular Y seats. Between the life vest directly in the middle under the seat and the IFE boxes, nothing bigger than a large handbag will fit under the regular Y seats. I had to cram my nearly empty computer bag under the seat for take-off, and it really didn't fit properly. The good news it I think the overheads are a little bit bigger than on the 744s.

The low end magsafe 60W power supply (about 77VA according to my meter) will trip the C seat within about 2 minutes ... a very annoying feature.
I must have had a bad pair of seats that I tested (it has been a couple of years). I never got continuous service above about 60VA when I had a meter on me. Does the Magsafe have such a crappy power factor, or does it really put out more than 60W in real power?

Overall a great product and pretty amenity bag. They could never offer this on a route still serviced by the new-old-C cabin ... it would become a non-sell very quickly.
The Y+ product is well thought out. I can only wonder what took so long. Amenity kit, as nearly as I can tell, is a standard C kit in a smaller bag with no moisturizers.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:01 am

..Footrests fold totally out of the way when not in use.
Might be a compromise for very, very tall people. But for someone like me who sleeps like a driftwood corpse in Y+, legrests help to feel better after the resurrection.
Bigger problem to me was the footwell of regular Y seats.
So LH! Now they crippled Y to make Y+ look even better. Marketing folks ....
I never got continuous service above about 60VA when I had a meter on me. Does the Magsafe have such a crappy power factor, or does it really put out more than 60W in real power?
AFAIK Apple offers no 60W magsafe 2. So mine is a well built Chinese pseudo clone which works in some C seats (JL, UA, SQ, OS) and randomly no on others (LH, AY, LX, BA). And yes it has an impressive apparent power. But that should not trigger the circuit breaker, they should be true RMS.

My original magsafe 2 85W has a power up spike when not powered up with 110V ... that is an even worse feature. It has popped fuses in hotels .
I can only wonder what took so long. Amenity kit, as nearly as I can tell, is a standard C kit in a smaller bag with no moisturizers.
My money is on in-house competition. And compared to the limp-o-something offers chez BA, this is definitely progress.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:29 am

Might be a compromise for very, very tall people. But for someone like me who sleeps like a driftwood corpse in Y+, legrests help to feel better after the resurrection.
Maybe the good news is that (so far) there are no plans for a up charge for the front row of Y+, which have leg rests.

I talked to a guy sitting on the bulkhead who was 193cm tall, and he was pushing the limits of comfortable legroom.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe the good news is that (so far) there are no plans for a up charge for the front row of Y+, which have leg rests.
I agree- what would be nice is if they labeled those seats as "preferred" and allowed ASR for SEN/HON only.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I agree- what would be nice is if they labeled those seats as "preferred" and allowed ASR for SEN/HON only.
Do HONs even get HONcho miles from flying Y+ ?

And is there a longhaul preferred zone in the premium cabin these days? I remember that it kind-of existed but it has been a while since I probed it.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do HONs even get HONcho miles from flying Y+ ?

And is there a longhaul preferred zone in the premium cabin these days? I remember that it kind-of existed but it has been a while since I probed it.
In business there are designated seats.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 9:45 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hi weero,

I have a booking in Premium Economy for next year and in the seat chart do not appear "preferred" zones, marked with a star, as you can see in Biz or Economy.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by more4less
Hi weero,

I have a booking in Premium Economy for next year and in the seat chart do not appear "preferred" zones, marked with a star, as you can see in Biz or Economy.
Thanks more4less!

I'd love to try it but we get only old equipment here .

HKG will get it aeons ahead, I fear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.