Search

LH1277 MLA-FRA 6Nov delayed 26 hrs.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2013, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL; A3*Gold
LH1277 MLA-FRA 6Nov delayed 26 hrs.

Any other FTers caught in this fiasco?

I was amongst 3 or 4 lucky ones who escaped on KM. I wonder if the rest of the fellow travellers had to really wait 26 hrs? If so, it will be - I believe - a new record for a non-weather-related delay for intra-European flight.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
So whats the reason for the delay? In any case, Im sure LH will claim "extraordinary circumstances".
Old Nov 7, 2013, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL; A3*Gold
Mechanical. So they claimed.

An hour after the scheduled departure time a cheerful announcement was made that the flight is delayed until 14:00 the following afternoon (in fact, it left at 14:55, ie almost 26 hrs late).

We were sent back to the checkin area where LH assigned 1 agent to deal with the full A321. The agent quickly announced that all flights leaving Malta for the rest of the day are sold out and the next day LH flight is too sold out, so no chance, we are stranded until they fix the plane.

Good I didn't believe that and quickly consulted expertflyer.com. I found a connection for myself and one other guy on KM and managed to convince her to book it.

We left when she started a painful process of rebooking and finding hotels for the remaining 190 or so people. If it takes - optimistically - 5 min. per pax, they were done early next morning.

Last edited by AVSA; Nov 7, 2013 at 2:18 pm
Old Nov 7, 2013, 5:12 pm

Programs: BalticMiles, LH SEN, FlyingBlue
In FEB when full A380 from MIA to FRA was cancelled due to mechanical problems, they also announced that there are no flights for today (that I could agree as flight got cancelled after 9pm) and next day from US to Europe they could rebook pax on and said, that flight will leave only next day around 7pm... At the airport they refused to do anything about rebooking. Got my hotel voucher, got to the hotel, called LH reservations and got myself on the flight from MIA to FRA via ORD... Was also offered other options, but time wise it was most feasible...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.