Wiki Posts
Search

Earning M+M miles at Hilton after Jan.2,2014

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2013, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Earning M+M miles at Hilton after Jan.2,2014

With Hilton ending Points and Fixed miles for stays after Jan.2,2014 is it not going to be possible to collect M+M miles anymore? Reason I ask is the choice now is Points and Points or Points and Variable miles. Since M+M is only a Fixed miles partner and not a Variable miles partner it is impossible as of now to have M+M as an earning partner if you try to switch to that option in your preferences with Hilton.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 1:58 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
With Hilton ending Points and Fixed miles for stays after Jan.2,2014 is it not going to be possible to collect M+M miles anymore? Reason I ask is the choice now is Points and Points or Points and Variable miles. Since M+M is only a Fixed miles partner and not a Variable miles partner it is impossible as of now to have M+M as an earning partner if you try to switch to that option in your preferences with Hilton.
Interesting news - I also use points&fixed miles and haven't heard from HH or MM anything at all about this. Thanks for the heads up, I'll need to watch this.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 5:17 am

Programs: LH HON
I'd assume that you'll still be able to convert Points into miles?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:00 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by daumueller
I'd assume that you'll still be able to convert Points into miles?
I guess that feature is still there.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 6:19 pm

Anyone got some more news on this?
Old Jan 11, 2014, 11:45 am

It appears Hilton will be sending variable miles to M&M - my hhonors account shows 343 miles for this week's stay that yielded 3432 base hhonors points. Nothing in my M&M account yet, though.
Also the hhonors profile seetings have changed automagically:
MyWay Earning Style Preferences
With the Hilton Family of Hotels, you have the ability to choose the way your earn points.
There may be a delay before any updated Earning style is displayed.
You have chosen Points and Variable Miles
Old Jan 11, 2014, 11:53 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Thumbs down

On M&M website
Home > Earn miles > Hotels & Cruises > Hilton Hotels and Resorts
1 mile per 1 USD spent on each stay

Earn 1 mile per 1 USD spent on each stay at Hilton Hotels & Resorts. With more than 550 hotels and resorts in nearly 80 countries, Hilton is where the world makes history, closes the deal, toasts special occasions, and gets away from it all.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 12:01 pm

found it on hhonors website, too:
Miles & More (Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa, SWISS)

Earn 1 Miles & More mile for every eligible US dollar spent at hotels and resorts within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands. (Up to 100 miles per stay at Home2 Suites.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.