Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New OS destination: Newark EWR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by theSaladDays
And LOT dropped EWR some time ago, with flights to NYC only, maybe OS is trying to pinch some connecting traffic that would prefer to use EWR.
If that is the case then the timing is bad because LOT just announced EWR service as well.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel...pril/91462038/
Old Oct 4, 2016, 2:13 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by christianj
If that is the case then the timing is bad because LOT just announced EWR service as well.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel...pril/91462038/
3 years later is bad timing?
Old Jul 19, 2020, 11:31 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
EWR lounge for OS flights

A family member is traveling on OS90 on July 22nd - they would normally have access to the Lufthansa lounge (flight departs Terminal B). However, it looks like the LH lounge operates with restricted hours on Wednesdays according to LH website (i.e. opening 1900) and OS90 departs 1740.

Are there any lounge options available for OS business in EWR at this time?
Old Jul 19, 2020, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by NickW
A family member is traveling on OS90 on July 22nd - they would normally have access to the Lufthansa lounge (flight departs Terminal B). However, it looks like the LH lounge operates with restricted hours on Wednesdays according to LH website (i.e. opening 1900) and OS90 departs 1740.

Are there any lounge options available for OS business in EWR at this time?

SAS has its lounge there too but I am not sure what the opening hours are. Since SAS to CPH leaves around the same time as OS, it should work.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 9:22 pm

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
My wife and son were on the OS flight last week and the LH lounge was open. Maybe 10 pax in lounge. J was full with many pax getting the Y menus, so maybe lots of bidding upgrades

Last edited by flying_geek; Jul 20, 2020 at 8:51 am
Old Jul 20, 2020, 8:32 am

The SAS lounge in EWR is currently closed.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 12:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by flying_geek
My wife and son were on the OS flight last week and the LH lounge was open.
What day of the week? The LH site shows the lounge open from 3pm on Fridays, but only from 7pm on Wednesdays.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 6:25 am

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by NickW
What day of the week? The LH site shows the lounge open from 3pm on Fridays, but only from 7pm on Wednesdays.
Sorry, should have read your post more carefully. That was Sunday - NOT wednesday

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.