Wiki Posts
Search

163 miles short of an award

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2013, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

163 miles short of an award

Hi

I currently have 62,337 miles in my account, of which about 10k or so will be expiring in February... so I would dearly love to take this opportunity to burn the rest of the miles and was looking at a one way in F FRA-DXB.

That sector between the Middle East and Europe requires however 62,500 miles. Anyone have any suggestions as to a quick and easy way to get the missing 163 I need in a hurry, preferably without needing to fly anywhere? What I'm really hoping for is some sort of 200 mile sign up bonus somewhere that I could use. If worst comes to worst I will just buy 1,000 but I was thinking (hoping!) that someone here might have an easier way.

Cheers.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 2:25 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Check some recent posts in this thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-lh-os-32.html
Old Jan 11, 2013, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Top of climb
Hi

I currently have 62,337 miles in my account, of which about 10k or so will be expiring in February... so I would dearly love to take this opportunity to burn the rest of the miles and was looking at a one way in F FRA-DXB.

That sector between the Middle East and Europe requires however 62,500 miles. Anyone have any suggestions as to a quick and easy way to get the missing 163 I need in a hurry, preferably without needing to fly anywhere? What I'm really hoping for is some sort of 200 mile sign up bonus somewhere that I could use. If worst comes to worst I will just buy 1,000 but I was thinking (hoping!) that someone here might have an easier way.

Cheers.
I may be wrong, but I seem to recall that the number of required miles is rounded down to the closest 1000, so youd only need to pay 62000miles. Have you tried making a dummy booking online?

The problem with any miles earning opportunities / hotel points transfers etc. is that it can take several days to weeks for the miles to post which may not be too convenient.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jasper2009

I may be wrong, but I seem to recall that the number of required miles is rounded down to the closest 1000, so you´d only need to pay 62000miles. Have you tried making a dummy booking online?
^^ Thanks! For some reason I thought one ways would not price online and so halved the award chart amount but you are right - it's being spit out as 62,000 miles. Knew FT would be able to help!

PS does this not create a weird anomaly in that you could buy two one ways for (in this case) 1,000 miles less? Granted it's not a huge amount, but I do find it a bit quirky. Still, it's in my favour so I'm not complaining!
Old Jan 11, 2013, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Top of climb
^^ Thanks! For some reason I thought one ways would not price online and so halved the award chart amount but you are right - it's being spit out as 62,000 miles. Knew FT would be able to help!

PS does this not create a weird anomaly in that you could buy two one ways for (in this case) 1,000 miles less? Granted it's not a huge amount, but I do find it a bit quirky. Still, it's in my favour so I'm not complaining!
Yes, in theory I think that would work. However, M&M has a tendency of sometimes charging higher fuel surcharges on two one-way tickets compared with a round-trip ticket, so its probably not worth the trouble IMO.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Yes, in theory I think that would work. However, M&M has a tendency of sometimes charging higher fuel surcharges on two one-way tickets compared with a round-trip ticket, so its probably not worth the trouble IMO.
Plus you'd loose the "one ticket" protection, changes and stopover possibilities.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:50 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Check some recent posts in this thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-lh-os-32.html
IIRC, there was also a Trip Advisor promo for M&M going on right ? 100 miles per review and it posted usually within 2/3 weeks usually ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.