Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA Master Thread???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2014, 12:31 pm

Programs: *A Gold (LH SEN), Hertz 5*
Had a weird story on my flight yesterday EWR - FRA in eco.
I didnt get all the details, but basically there was a couple - girl on the window seat, guy on the middle seat - and both of them were reluctant to sit in the middle seat. The lady on the aisle seat was (understandably) also not willing to swap.

It got so bad, that the FA was asking someone else to let the guy from the couple sit in his seat (emergency exit window) and sit in the free middle seat next to his seat, just so we could taxi and take off.

Airborne, the whole discussion went on for about 30 min, the couple apparently wanted to be upgraded and whatnot... which they were not, of course.
At the end I think they managed to get him a seat somewhere in the back of the plane.

I was impressed how calm the FAs and purser stayed. I myself got so annoyed by these ignorant people! Get C tickets if you can't stand eco.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:39 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by phipz
..I myself got so annoyed by these ignorant people! Get C tickets if you can't stand eco.
Hey! This is the age of entitlement - our ancestors have been oppressed, we construed ourselves as an exploited minority, nicely inflated the DYKWIA .. so where is our overdue upgrade?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 2:58 pm
HMO

Get C tickets if you can't stand eco.
Maybe they cannot stand the C tickets price...
Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:30 pm

Programs: *A Gold (LH SEN), Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by HMO
Maybe they cannot stand the C tickets price...
Yeah, I kinda have that problem as well.

But except for some efforts here or there to get an op-up, I accept my fate and don't discomfort a 5-row radius of peaceful pax and FAs with my bourgeois poverty and a futile attemp to rage against the barbarous system of airlines that stack the Y-ers like livestock...
Old Aug 18, 2014, 9:40 pm
HMO

Yeah, I kinda have that problem as well.
We both has this kind of problem ^
Fortunately it seems we can live with
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
..I accept my fate and don't discomfort a 5-row radius of peaceful pax and FAs with my bourgeois poverty and a futile attemp to rage against the barbarous system of airlines that stack the Y-ers like livestock...
That is so yesterday! Haven't you learned from the success of the civil rights movements and feminism? Outgunning has been entirely replaced by outwhining! The one with the better victim story will grab the cake.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 4:35 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
UEFA

Though not LH I thought this Star Alliance flight might fit here.

I was third in an orderly line of about 15 people for business class boarding (economy had another queue) on TK OTP-IST a few weeks ago. The people in the queue looked like they were in the right queue, ie. dressed in business clothes.

Boarding was just about to start when an older gentleman in a jacket with UEFA-logo skips past the queue to the front. I ask him to go to the back to which he responds that he is in business class. I point out that we are all in the right queue and that he should go stand in the back. He doesn't want to but instead squeezes in behind me.

I guess he had been involved in the Romania - Northern Ireland game the day before. UEFA too influnced by FIFA perhaps?
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Well in India skipping queues is a national past time.
That is funny. I was about to say that in India, everyone is DYKWIA.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 4:31 pm

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Redhat72
That is funny. I was about to say that in India, everyone is DYKWIA.
Actually, I'm taking another approach. Coming late to gate (when boarding is well underway), sitting down until all the queues are empty, then wait another minute or two for jetway to clear and then board.

This is the ultimate DYKWIA
Old Dec 11, 2014, 2:10 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by volta
Actually, I'm taking another approach. Coming late to gate (when boarding is well underway), sitting down until all the queues are empty, then wait another minute or two for jetway to clear and then board.

Hey! That's what I try to do as well, if I don't loose my calm. I just hate standing in line in the jetway.

HTB.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
That wait is an important feature - very uncool to run into the back of the jetway queue.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 4:52 am

Programs: LH HON

actually, you have to wait until they've paged you ~ 2 times. this way, they REALLY know who you are
Old Dec 11, 2014, 6:35 am

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by daumueller
actually, you have to wait until they've paged you ~ 2 times. this way, they REALLY know who you are

Thank you for the tip. Will use it to enhance DYKWIA experience.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 6:41 am

One of my favorite pet peeves is when the FA address you by last name, ONCE, at the first drink service - shamelessly reading from the manifest - and then THAT'S IT! for the rest of the flight!
Old Dec 11, 2014, 6:48 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver

I not only hate standing in line in the jetway. I also hate standing in line in the F/C/Hon/Sen line.

So I do the same as you and always wait for the final boarding call. If there is still a queue at the gate, I wait until that is dissolved.

If there is still a queue in the jet way, I will handover my bp but then sit down again and wait until its cleared.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.