Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Economy developments [merged & split off from various threads]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2012, 5:45 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by cityflyer369
I would prefer proper Y+, too. But not similar to BA's Y+, which I think is the worst "proper" Y+ in class. If they are doing it BA style, it is of no use to me. BA's Y+ is only good for upgrading out of it, but not for sitting in it. But if they're going AF, QF, NZ, CX style, I will fly LH again.
NZ has 3 different hard products for premium economy - 77W which is tolerable (since the original unbeable pitch was replaced with more legroom), 747 which is okay on lower deck but not on upper deck (now found only on one route), and 772 (which is barely better than regular economy at vastly inflated price).
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
A journo at the 4U press conference specfically asked about the premium eco on longhaul if this was creating a 4 class system or if they were disposing off F in order to fit in Y+. Spohr insisted premium eco is meant to be a product offering within economy and not a separate class. That got me very curious... perhaps they are thinking something along the lines of the NZ skycouch, or perhaps the option to buy an empty extra seat with more legroom etc.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 6:39 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Smells like Economy Extra/Plus to me. I'm not delighted.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 7:28 am

Wasn't there the rumour that the PE cabin should get a new recliner seat with additional pitch and seat width?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 8:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Well, nothing has been fixed at all so far, the group will start their work in January and implement a solution to be installed after the C refit is done in Winter 2014. Plenty of time to speculate till then
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:43 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
Originally Posted by oliver2002
A journo at the 4U press conference specfically asked about the premium eco on longhaul if this was creating a 4 class system or if they were disposing off F in order to fit in Y+. Spohr insisted premium eco is meant to be a product offering within economy and not a separate class. That got me very curious... perhaps they are thinking something along the lines of the NZ skycouch, or perhaps the option to buy an empty extra seat with more legroom etc.
I mentioned somewhere at the beginning of this thread that the German wording used gives rise to the speculation that they might be considering an Economy Comfort/Plus offering rather than Premium Economy proper.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 2:08 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by cityflyer369
..the German wording used gives rise to the speculation that they might be considering an Economy Comfort...
Die "Trostklasse"?

Sounds appropriate IMO.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Maybe they talked to UA and are putting in an E+ like theirs . 15 CM extra and nothing else.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
Premium Economy coming to LH?

The latest issue of 'Airliner World' magazine features a short bit on Lufthansa's plans to introduce Y+ in 2013 and retrofit the entire longhaul fleet within two years. I haven't read anything about that elsewhere but knowing LH especially the part that the retrofit should be completed within only 2 years makes me suspicious about the reliability of this news bit.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:30 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Yes, and there's a thread in this forum.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...s-threads.html
Old Jan 9, 2013, 2:41 pm

I very much doubt that it will roll out by the end of 2013, and even 2014 is a bit far-fetched.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 8:51 am

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, Marriott Plat
LH announces Premium Economy at ITB in Berlin

Sorry, link is in German but Jens Bischof from Lufthansa confirms new seat being implemented on all long haul flights starting 2014....this will lead to a reduction in b-class seats (surprise).

http://www.airliners.de/management/m...nomy-ein/29162
Old Mar 6, 2013, 9:03 am

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by linhard04
Sorry, link is in German but Jens Bischof from Lufthansa confirms new seat being implemented on all long haul flights starting 2014....this will lead to a reduction in b-class seats (surprise).
LH will leave the old business seats as premium economy
Old Mar 6, 2013, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by linhard04

http://www.airliners.de/management/m...nomy-ein/29162
Genius.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 9:06 am

Contradictory information once again. It's been what, two months since Spohr insisted that Y+ won't be a separate class?

I'm glad that it's going to be a separate class after all, though.

By the way, I'm sure that many a corporate traveller with a stingy boss will be glad about this development.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.