FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Premium Economy developments [merged & split off from various threads] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1406373-premium-economy-developments-merged-split-off-various-threads.html)

Rambuster Nov 9, 2012 3:46 am

Premium Economy developments [merged & split off from various threads]

"Als Beispiel nannte er weitere Produktneuheiten, die der Vorstand derzeit prüfe, zum
Beispiel die Einführung einer Premium-Economy-Class auf Interkontstrecken."

So now Premium Economy is back on the table a an option after years of dismissing the idea ?

supermasterphil Nov 9, 2012 3:50 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 19652519)
"Als Beispiel nannte er weitere Produktneuheiten, die der Vorstand derzeit prüfe, zum

So now Premium Economy is back on the table a an option after years of dismissing the idea ?

Rambuster, I am sure there are no HON miles in Premium Economy, so forget about it :D ;)

TRAVELSIG Nov 9, 2012 3:56 am

Rambuster- it is called P and Z class at the moment....

oliver2002 Nov 9, 2012 5:12 am

Premium eco is a topic since late 2010, it will become more relevant once the retrofit of the C section and the associated galley and lavatory cull is done, freeing space for a Y+ product. Don't hold your breath though, 2016-18 is the earliest you will see anything on that front.

FollowTheSun Nov 9, 2012 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 19652747)
Premium eco is a topic since late 2010, it will become more relevant once the retrofit of the C section and the associated galley and lavatory cull is done, freeing space for a Y+ product. Don't hold your breath though, 2016-18 is the earliest you will see anything on that front.

Uuuhm??? Where have you got that from? As I have heard, the decision has now been made and even the seats are already shown in internal powerpoints.

NA-Flyer Nov 9, 2012 4:46 pm

I read somewhere that BA is making good money from WT+ and most of the time the cabin is sold out.

Rambuster Nov 9, 2012 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by supermasterphil (Post 19652533)
Rambuster, I am sure there are no HON miles in Premium Economy, so forget about it :D ;)

I have no intentions of booking this either way.

volta Nov 10, 2012 10:51 pm

LH has been running premium economy product for years, so don't know where is the innovation, just stating the right product name ;)

more4less Nov 11, 2012 2:26 am

Originally Posted by volta (Post 19662260)
LH has been running premium economy product for years,

At Business class fares :rolleyes:

Van_Looy Nov 11, 2012 4:32 am

Yes, for reasons that I don't quite understand. WT+ offers the worst possible cost to comfort ratio. It's only worth to book if you can upgrade with Avios points.

As a customer I hate premium economy:

1) as mentioned, worst cost/comfort ratio

2) may lead to some organizations downgrading their C policy to Y+, as the bean counters will argue it is "comfortable enough"

3) contributes to Franz's plan to devalue LH miles faster than the Zimbabwean dollar. Undoubtly, in the future evouchers will only manage to upgrade Y- to Y, or will take a "mere 70 000 miles". Upgrade from Y- to C may not be possible, or require 4 evouchers/150000 miles one way.

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer (Post 19656512)
I read somewhere that BA is making good money from WT+ and most of the time the cabin is sold out.

NA-Flyer Nov 11, 2012 7:03 am

Originally Posted by Van_Looy (Post 19662890)
Yes, for reasons that I don't quite understand. WT+ offers the worst possible cost to comfort ratio.

Yeah in reality this is the only way airlines can generate real profits ;)

TRAVELSIG Nov 11, 2012 7:39 am

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer (Post 19663320)
Yeah in reality this is the only way airlines can generate real profits ;)

Yes because offering a product people would actually like to pay for is so "Old Economy".

Jack Vroom Dec 3, 2012 7:51 am

Lufthansa about to introduce premium economy

... says Der Spiegel, Germany's leading news magazine:

http://www.spiegel.de/reise/aktuell/...-a-870673.html

According to the article, LH will introduce a premium economy class as soon as all business class seats are converted to horizontal seats. The decision is to be presented to the board on Wednesday.

RTW1 Dec 3, 2012 7:58 am

That will be somewhere around 2020 then....

moeve Dec 3, 2012 8:24 am

I'll believe it when I see it and boy have they missed the trend again. Do you remember when LH managment said no we don't need such a class our client don't want it..........