Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2024, 5:29 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by gooselee
Thank you for the reply and information! Is there a typical time line I should expect from this point? Or a date when I should follow up if not resolved?
Dear gooselee,

while we, as Lufthansa Social media team, are not involved in Customer Relation's handling, I can, unfortunately, not give you any exact date. However, I'm positive that your case will be finalized within the next couple of days. In case of questions, I suggest that you get in touch with the third party engaged by you for the resolution of your claim.

Best,
Katharina
gooselee likes this.
Old May 22, 2024, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Dear gooselee,

while we, as Lufthansa Social media team, are not involved in Customer Relation's handling, I can, unfortunately, not give you any exact date. However, I'm positive that your case will be finalized within the next couple of days. In case of questions, I suggest that you get in touch with the third party engaged by you for the resolution of your claim.

Best,
Katharina
Fantastic. Thank you!
Old May 23, 2024, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC: Gold, HH:Diamond, Marriott: Platinum, IHG: Diamond Ambassador
Hello adfg,

could you please private message us your feedback ID and the name the claim has been submitted with.

Kind regards
Jasmin
Hi Jasmin,
After sending my details on, I have heard nothing more from customer relations. Can this please be escalated to somebody who will read the notes on my PNR and listen to the audio recording I provided and then pay me the $160 I am due.
Old May 23, 2024, 2:37 pm

Programs: AC SE, Star Alliance Gold
Just offering some feedback.

Flew EDI-FRA tonight on LH965. Scheduled arrival 21.00, wheels down at 21.13, got to the gate at 21.27 according to flightaware, doors open a minute or two later. While waiting to deplane, a passenger behind me who is nervous about her connection at 22.10 to Zagreb asked the FA for advice about making it. The FA mentioned (trying to be helpful) that in the future the pax should try to leave an hour for the connection. The pax responded, pretty reasonably, that she had left an hour, but the flight was late. The FA said 'well, it's only 10 minutes late'. A bit more discussion ensues and the FA repeats this at least three times, that the plane was only 10 minutes late.

I hadn't said anything, but at this point I just asked the FA why she was saying the plane was only 10 minutes late, given that it was scheduled to arrive at 2100, and here we were starting to deplane at 2130. She said well, that's when it landed. I asked her if she thought the scheduled arrival time of a plane was when the wheels touch down, or when it reached the gate. She said it's when the wheels touch down, that's always been what it means.

Imo, (a) a LH FA should know that it's *not* when the wheels touch down, that this plane was at least 27 minutes late, not 10 minutes late, and (b) more importantly, she shouldn't create an argument with a customer who is stressed about missing a connection -- the customer wasn't taking it out on the FA, and it just made no sense at all from a customer service perspective for the FA to decide she needed to try to convince the passenger whose 70 minute connection had turned into a 40-43 minute connection that this plane was only 10 minutes late.
Old May 24, 2024, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by adfg
Hi Jasmin,
After sending my details on, I have heard nothing more from customer relations. Can this please be escalated to somebody who will read the notes on my PNR and listen to the audio recording I provided and then pay me the $160 I am due.
Hello Allan,

I am so sorry to hear that this still has not been resolved. I have now forwarded your claim to our Miles and More department directly and have asked my colleagues to look into this for you. I will let you know as soon as I hear back from them.

Best regards
Birgit
adfg likes this.
Old May 24, 2024, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by flyingcrooked
Just offering some feedback.

Flew EDI-FRA tonight on LH965. Scheduled arrival 21.00, wheels down at 21.13, got to the gate at 21.27 according to flightaware, doors open a minute or two later. While waiting to deplane, a passenger behind me who is nervous about her connection at 22.10 to Zagreb asked the FA for advice about making it. The FA mentioned (trying to be helpful) that in the future the pax should try to leave an hour for the connection. The pax responded, pretty reasonably, that she had left an hour, but the flight was late. The FA said 'well, it's only 10 minutes late'. A bit more discussion ensues and the FA repeats this at least three times, that the plane was only 10 minutes late.

I hadn't said anything, but at this point I just asked the FA why she was saying the plane was only 10 minutes late, given that it was scheduled to arrive at 2100, and here we were starting to deplane at 2130. She said well, that's when it landed. I asked her if she thought the scheduled arrival time of a plane was when the wheels touch down, or when it reached the gate. She said it's when the wheels touch down, that's always been what it means.

Imo, (a) a LH FA should know that it's *not* when the wheels touch down, that this plane was at least 27 minutes late, not 10 minutes late, and (b) more importantly, she shouldn't create an argument with a customer who is stressed about missing a connection -- the customer wasn't taking it out on the FA, and it just made no sense at all from a customer service perspective for the FA to decide she needed to try to convince the passenger whose 70 minute connection had turned into a 40-43 minute connection that this plane was only 10 minutes late.
Hello flyingcrooked,

Thank you very much for providing your feedback about the, understandably, quite tense situation.

Best regards
Birgit
SK2751 and flyingcrooked like this.
Old May 27, 2024, 9:23 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
I am able to log in to LH.com and the Android app using our minor children's credentials, however I am unable to login directly to milesandmore.com nor am I able to access the award booking page.

A helpful phone rep advised me to use an online contact form to report the issue and I noted the website says a response could take a few weeks.

Great, I see award inventory for our family, but we need to each use our own miles. Since I can't book for the kids online, I ask the phone agent if he can book the award using their PIN, but the agent doesn't see the same award availability and asks me to call back later to check again.

This is frustrating.
Old May 28, 2024, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by work2fly
I am able to log in to LH.com and the Android app using our minor children's credentials, however I am unable to login directly to milesandmore.com nor am I able to access the award booking page.

A helpful phone rep advised me to use an online contact form to report the issue and I noted the website says a response could take a few weeks.

Great, I see award inventory for our family, but we need to each use our own miles. Since I can't book for the kids online, I ask the phone agent if he can book the award using their PIN, but the agent doesn't see the same award availability and asks me to call back later to check again.

This is frustrating.
Hello work2fly,

I can well understand how frustrating this is. I can only ask you to reach out to our Miles and More team again by phone and have them assist with booking your flights.

Best regards,
Birgit
Old May 28, 2024, 2:36 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Hello work2fly,

I can well understand how frustrating this is. I can only ask you to reach out to our Miles and More team again by phone and have them assist with booking your flights.

Best regards,
Birgit
Thank you. I called back today and the agent was able to book the desired flights.
SK2751 likes this.
Old May 29, 2024, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Dear gooselee,

Best,
Katharina
Hello,

This case has still not resolved and I continue to receive no response from LH Customer Relations in over a month. Is there any way you are able to escalate to someone on the Customer Relations team to encourage any sort of response? Or a contact besides their general email (which has been unresponsive to me) that can be shared with me via PM?

As the third party you reference has already communicated their outcome to both myself and Lufthansa, I'd hope to not have to involve them or another body again to motivate the final conclusion.

Thank you.
Old May 30, 2024, 5:41 am

Hi gooselee,

we can only point out to the third party, unfortunately. I'm sorry!

Kind regards,

Markus

Hello,

This case has still not resolved and I continue to receive no response from LH Customer Relations in over a month. Is there any way you are able to escalate to someone on the Customer Relations team to encourage any sort of response? Or a contact besides their general email (which has been unresponsive to me) that can be shared with me via PM?

As the third party you reference has already communicated their outcome to both myself and Lufthansa, I'd hope to not have to involve them or another body again to motivate the final conclusion.

Thank you.
Old May 30, 2024, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi gooselee,

we can only point out to the third party, unfortunately. I'm sorry!

Kind regards,

Markus
That is indeed unfortunate. I am once again deeply disappointed in Lufthansa's ability to follow through on its written promises and will need to escalate again via SOP as well as LH executive contacts.

I do appreciate your responses in this channel at least. This remains the only avenue where I have received any communication from LH at all recently.
Old Jun 1, 2024, 11:36 pm

Programs: Miles and More, Flying Blue, AA Advantage
Originally Posted by Tottoru
Thanks, Jonathan, for your advice. I have filed the complaint.

After I posted my message, the passenger has checked with ground staff at airport check-in and was told that the correct allowance in 32 kilos -- but it was of course too late to pack accordingly, and some luggage entitlement was lost. I am confident that Customer Relations will take appropriate action.

Best wishes.
There may be no point in following up more than two years later, but please rest assured that Customer Relations has thoroughly ignored my message(s). And so, I paid a high price for an incorrect luggage allowance based on the information I received from LH staff, and LH got away with it. Things happen in life.
Old Jun 4, 2024, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That is indeed unfortunate. I am once again deeply disappointed in Lufthansa's ability to follow through on its written promises and will need to escalate again via SOP as well as LH executive contacts.

I do appreciate your responses in this channel at least. This remains the only avenue where I have received any communication from LH at all recently.
Credit where it's due, Customer Relations did finally reply and have resolved the case as promised. If the LH social team's inquiry assisted with this progress, I thank you for that.
work2fly likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2024, 7:09 pm

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
LufthansaGermanAirlines,

This is for travel on SwissAir/LX out of IAD to ZRH. So, I'm not sure if you're able to answer this question.

I'll be flying LX73 from IAD to ZRH, leaving at 20:45. How early can I check in my baggage? There are Lufthansa/LH flights departing at 15:20 and 18:00. Would people working the baggage check-in counter for those flights be able to accept my baggage?

- Pat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.