FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1390816-feedback-thread-official-lh-lurker-s-lufthansagermanairlines.html)

LufthansaGermanAirlines Dec 5, 2022 5:51 am

Originally Posted by davvelavve (Post 34806246)
Hi lufthansa what's the status of FB ID 36053978?
Radio silence for a month now and last email stated that "lufthansa confirmed compensation is being paid". Is this the new/old technique - confirm compensation and then do nothing? Seems like a strategy for me since a lot of people saying the same thing.

Hello davvelavve,

I am sorry to hear that it is taking so long for your claim to get processed. As my colleagues are currently handling an extremely high number of cases, it may take a while for them to get back to you. Please rest assured that they are doing their utmost to do so as fast as they can.

Best regards
Birgit

LufthansaGermanAirlines Dec 5, 2022 5:51 am

Originally Posted by shaggy_mutt (Post 34805131)
Hi Lufthansa,

I have an allergy to tree nuts (not peanuts) - not so severe that I have to worry about other people on the flight eating them, but I should steer clear of them myself. Can you tell me which meals (regular or special, I don't mind) would be prepared without nuts? We are in Y, itin is EWR-VIE-CAI (Dec.30-31) and CAI-FRA-IAD (Jan.11) I'm otherwise not picky, you can tell me I need to choose vegetarian or kosher or low-fat or whatever.

Would at least the kids' meals be prepared without tree nuts? I don't mind getting silly looks from other passengers for having a kids' meal and a German beer, especially if I get a toy with my happy meal =P

Thanks in advance!

Hello shaggy_mutt,

Irrespective of all meals served, we cannot guarantee that our aircraft and the food served on board are completely free of nuts or nut products or that passengers do not bring products containing nuts on board with them. The same also applies to other foodstuffs that may cause an allergic reaction.

In the event of a food intolerance or a severe allergic reaction on board, our medically trained personnel have access at all times to
medicines for emergency medical care. Furthermore, there is a 24-hour hotline on all Lufthansa long-haul flights which can be used to contact a doctor.

Best regards
Birgit

shaggy_mutt Dec 5, 2022 6:12 am

Sure, I understand there's no guarantee. But given that I understand the meals in Y don't change very much, can you advise whether there is a menu choice where nuts aren't intentionally added?

Edited to add: again, even a kid's meal where I assume all the possibilities are going to be from the usual favorites list, like pizza and sandwiches?

oliver2002 Dec 5, 2022 1:35 pm

Just call in and ask them to book you a special meal. More details here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...thread-10.html

maverikbc Dec 5, 2022 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 34789783)
Dear maverikbc,

I apologize for the caused upset and regret to hear that after all this time your flight itinerary still seems incomplete and being heavily affected by the irregularity. It's sad that none of our Service Center colleagues were able to clarify the rebooking and appeared at loss while being confronted with the case. Kindly understand that we, as Social Media team, a) do not handle individual, complex booking-related inquiries and b) cannot give you advice without knowledge of the situation. I will say that: Being affected by a flight cancellation, you are allowed to rebook free of charge or, if an alternative cannot be found, will receive a refund. A change of the operating carrier does not qualify for either of the two. Any rerouting possibility depends on your fare conditions. You are welcome to send us your booking code along with the name via direct message, if you would like us to check on the current status of your flight itinerary and the possibility of an origin change. The rebooking and reissue, however, will have to be handled upon calling the Service Center.

Best,
Katharina

Katharina,
I sent you a DM with my reservation code around 11/30. Have you received it?

LufthansaGermanAirlines Dec 6, 2022 6:03 am

Originally Posted by maverikbc (Post 34810128)
Katharina,
I sent you a DM with my reservation code around 11/30. Have you received it?

Hi maverikbc,

sorry for the late reply. I have had the booking checked internally, and unfortunately have to refer you to the Service Center, as we do not offer any assistance here via the forum for booking-related inquiries. Sorry for the back & forth.

Kind regards
Tania

nexus7556 Dec 6, 2022 5:39 pm

Can you help provide a status update on FB 36588081? It has been nearly a month and it has been radio silence. I have not received any reply to any email regarding this feedback. Feedbacks filed more recently have been resolved.

maverikbc Dec 6, 2022 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 34810950)
Hi maverikbc,

sorry for the late reply. I have had the booking checked internally, and unfortunately have to refer you to the Service Center, as we do not offer any assistance here via the forum for booking-related inquiries. Sorry for the back & forth.

Kind regards
Tania

Tania,I'll pass through big airports outside Germany soon, hopefully ticketing there can help me rebook. Or do I really need to call or chat? Waiting on hold for a long time, only to get hung up on half the time, or when I finally be able to end conversation no resolution made on the call isn't good for my mental health. Katharina answered one of my questions in my post #2737, that involuntary carrier changes alone isn't a reason for reaccomodation. Now you have my booking code, can you answer other questions in my OP as well, so I can plan accordingly.

Because SQ cancelled one of my flights:
1. Am I allowed to end my trip at DPS instead of originally booked CGK without repricing?
2. how many days of flexibility from the original date you give me without repricing? For example DL often gives me up to 3 days before or after, so a week range.
3. Last but not least, a rep on the phone told me back in mid October that SIN-CGK flight will be rebooked, and I get notified with a confirmation email. Do you see that request is in the queue? If so, what's your estimate when it'll be processed? If not, how can I file a complaint against that rep who made a false promise?

LufthansaGermanAirlines Dec 7, 2022 7:56 am

Originally Posted by nexus7556 (Post 34812654)
Can you help provide a status update on FB 36588081? It has been nearly a month and it has been radio silence. I have not received any reply to any email regarding this feedback. Feedbacks filed more recently have been resolved.

Hello nexus7556,

Please rest assured that your claim has been received and will get processed. As my colleagues are currently dealing with an extremely high number of inquiries, handling times, unfortunately, are longer than usual. They are doing their best to get back to you as soon as they can.

Best regards,
Birgit

LufthansaGermanAirlines Dec 7, 2022 7:57 am

Originally Posted by maverikbc (Post 34812976)
Tania,I'll pass through big airports outside Germany soon, hopefully ticketing there can help me rebook. Or do I really need to call or chat? Waiting on hold for a long time, only to get hung up on half the time, or when I finally be able to end conversation no resolution made on the call isn't good for my mental health. Katharina answered one of my questions in my post #2737, that involuntary carrier changes alone isn't a reason for reaccomodation. Now you have my booking code, can you answer other questions in my OP as well, so I can plan accordingly.

Because SQ cancelled one of my flights:
1. Am I allowed to end my trip at DPS instead of originally booked CGK without repricing?
2. how many days of flexibility from the original date you give me without repricing? For example DL often gives me up to 3 days before or after, so a week range.
3. Last but not least, a rep on the phone told me back in mid October that SIN-CGK flight will be rebooked, and I get notified with a confirmation email. Do you see that request is in the queue? If so, what's your estimate when it'll be processed? If not, how can I file a complaint against that rep who made a false promise?

Hello maverikbc,

As previously advised by my colleagues Tania and Katharina, we are unable to assist with this issue via Social Media, I'm sorry.
Kindly get in touch with our Service Center, as suggested by Tania.

Best regards,
Birgit

LufthansaGermanAirlines Dec 8, 2022 8:11 am

Originally Posted by shaggy_mutt (Post 34808060)
Sure, I understand there's no guarantee. But given that I understand the meals in Y don't change very much, can you advise whether there is a menu choice where nuts aren't intentionally added?

Edited to add: again, even a kid's meal where I assume all the possibilities are going to be from the usual favorites list, like pizza and sandwiches?

Hello shaggy_mutt,

unfortunatelly not, we cannot give such an advise for the regular menu. Also, it is not possible to see in advance the menu served on your flight in the economy. There is a catalog for the "Winter 2022 Onboard Delights", which can be found on our website, and it is offered in addition to the regular menu for all long haul flights in Economy, you can check some possibilities there. For all the courses served during the flight, we cannot guarantee the absence of nuts, neither as trace, nor as ingredient in the recipe. You can contact our service center in advance though, and ask for nuts to be excluded from your meal – again, despite the carefulness, we still cannot guarantee, there will not be traces. For persons with severe allergies, it is recommended to bring their own food and also carry their medication in their cabin baggage.

Best regards
Réa

mattallen Dec 8, 2022 12:45 pm

I paid for seats, but they're .... gone?

In October, I purchased tickets for my trip to Africa. Our flights were PHL to FRA, FRA to WDH, WDH to FRA, and FRA to PHL. After purchasing the flights through American Express (I used a combo of points and cash). I purchased seats on the PHL to FRA leg and the FRA to PHL leg of the trip (those flights were to be operated by Lufthansa, the other flights were to be operated by Eurowings and I didn't have the ability to purchase seats on those flights through Lufthansa). Two weeks later, I was advised that only the PHL to FRA leg had been cancelled; as a replacement option, I was offered PHL to EWR to FRA, which I took. As I look at my account now, I see I have seats on the PHL to EWR leg and the EWR to FRA leg. However, the seats I purchased on the FRA to PHL leg are not showing up, even though I purchased them back in October.

When I used the Lufthansa app and tried to select seats, it showed me a wide variety of available seats that I could reserve at no charge; yet, when I selected those seats and tried to save it, it tried to charge me almost $1200 USD.

I've tried calling Lufthansa twice, but I was told I need to contact Lufthansa directly (which was strange because I called the number for customer service on the Lufthansa website). The second time I was told this, I asked for Lufthansa's number, and was given a number in Madrid (I'm in the USA). When I try to call that number, it is either busy or says the call cannot be connected.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Dec 9, 2022 6:06 am

Originally Posted by mattallen (Post 34817943)
In October, I purchased tickets for my trip to Africa. Our flights were PHL to FRA, FRA to WDH, WDH to FRA, and FRA to PHL. After purchasing the flights through American Express (I used a combo of points and cash). I purchased seats on the PHL to FRA leg and the FRA to PHL leg of the trip (those flights were to be operated by Lufthansa, the other flights were to be operated by Eurowings and I didn't have the ability to purchase seats on those flights through Lufthansa). Two weeks later, I was advised that only the PHL to FRA leg had been cancelled; as a replacement option, I was offered PHL to EWR to FRA, which I took. As I look at my account now, I see I have seats on the PHL to EWR leg and the EWR to FRA leg. However, the seats I purchased on the FRA to PHL leg are not showing up, even though I purchased them back in October.

When I used the Lufthansa app and tried to select seats, it showed me a wide variety of available seats that I could reserve at no charge; yet, when I selected those seats and tried to save it, it tried to charge me almost $1200 USD.

I've tried calling Lufthansa twice, but I was told I need to contact Lufthansa directly (which was strange because I called the number for customer service on the Lufthansa website). The second time I was told this, I asked for Lufthansa's number, and was given a number in Madrid (I'm in the USA). When I try to call that number, it is either busy or says the call cannot be connected.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Hello mattallen,

we can have this checked with our Service Center if you send us your booking code and passenger name as a private message. You can find a list with our local contact numbers on https://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/support/contact.

Kind regards,
Anna

Gamerska Dec 10, 2022 10:14 pm

As I am planning my January trip, I'm trying to determine what the LH response to a passenger request that a crewmember working in Business wear a mask when approaching with food service or other. My naive belief was that if I was polite and asked for this as a courtesy (similar to the courtesy of not offering a vegetarian or a Kosher individual a meat or fish amuse buche) the courtesy could be extended.

I ask because, on a recent trip I've had SWISS flat out refuse on a transatlantic leg (which meant I did not eat - as that is how I got infected in August, when an unmasked crew member popped up to ask me about more bread or water - and I'd managed 12 prior transatlantic flights during COVID without infection since the crew was wearing masks, so even if I removed mine to east or drink and they asked me something, I did not get infected) and the official response I received from SWISS was that the crew decides whether or not to wear a mask "in order to ensure a uniform appearance". (I suppose I need not add that a friend of mine who read that email could not believe the excuse that was used - particularly to a Senator level Business Class passenger.)

Conversely, flying a LOT flight from WAW - VIE a few days before the SWISS flight, the crew member stated "If my passenger will feel more secure if I am wearing a mask, why would I not wear one?' and wore one. To my mind a reasonable and logical response.

Given the recent announcements of LA and Alameda Counties and New York to advise everyone to wear masks on public transport - what expectations can I have that LH crew will accomodate my request, given the recent spikes in numbers worldwide.

I'll also add that since I am closer to 75 than 57, the percentages for a serious COVID case or Long COVID are very different than a person that is, for example, 57.

LufthansaGermanAirlines Dec 12, 2022 6:53 am

Hello Gamerska,
since Lufthansa no longer require wearing a face mask on flights to and from Germany, passengers and crew members are free to choose whether they want to wear a mask or not, the same as on Swiss flights.
I like the reaction of the LOT crew member and totally agree. Unfortunately, there are no rules, that our crew has to wear a mask, if asked. If you decide to fly with Lufthansa, I would recommend approaching the purser right in the beginning to explain your reasons and ask for a solution to handle this situation as good as possible. On my recent Lufthansa long haul flight, I saw crew members working with and without masks.

I wish you all the best, and hope you will have no problems at all on your next flights with Lufthansa.

Best regards!
Regina