FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1390816-feedback-thread-official-lh-lurker-s-lufthansagermanairlines.html)

LufthansaGermanAirlines Nov 25, 2022 5:25 am

Originally Posted by nexus7556 (Post 34783344)
Another week another issue with LH. Booked two business class tickets from FCO to MUC. Selected seats next to eachother. Received a notification that the plane changed and we are no longer sitting next to eachother. I open the website and when I open our reservation I see this error:
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...2d2f1aa065.png
I called into support and they said they can't change the seats as there is something wrong with the reservation. They also are clueless on how to fix the error above so I can fix the seats myself. It seems like the phone number on my profile has been set to country code "+1664" but any attempt to change it back to "+1" does not stick.

After my issues last week documented above this just reinforces LH being the most incompetent airline.

Hello nexus7556,

unfortunately, I'm not as sure how to help here. Is this in regards to your phone number's change in your profile or about the seat reservation? Feel free to send us the booking code along with the full passenger names via direct message and we'll see if we can assist or not.

Thank you,
Katharina

lamphs Nov 25, 2022 6:03 am

Originally Posted by nexus7556 (Post 34783344)
Another week another issue with LH. Booked two business class tickets from FCO to MUC. Selected seats next to eachother. Received a notification that the plane changed and we are no longer sitting next to eachother. I open the website and when I open our reservation I see this error:
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...2d2f1aa065.png
I called into support and they said they can't change the seats as there is something wrong with the reservation. They also are clueless on how to fix the error above so I can fix the seats myself. It seems like the phone number on my profile has been set to country code "+1664" but any attempt to change it back to "+1" does not stick.

After my issues last week documented above this just reinforces LH being the most incompetent airline.

I am having the same issue. I called the US +1866 number on Wednesday. The nice agent advised that this is a known issue and a fix was in the works 'promptly'. As of this morning it remains an issue. I've sent an e-mail to M&M website support. We'll see what happens. If I have an update, I'll post it.

nexus7556 Nov 25, 2022 10:30 am

Originally Posted by lamphs (Post 34783676)
I am having the same issue. I called the US +1866 number on Wednesday. The nice agent advised that this is a known issue and a fix was in the works 'promptly'. As of this morning it remains an issue. I've sent an e-mail to M&M website support. We'll see what happens. If I have an update, I'll post it.

As of tonight the country code issue seems resolved. However now when I open my reservation it says "Conditions of your ticket do not allow for seat reservations on lh.com. Please contact our service center at: 1-800-645-3880 or select seats during check-in." This is absolutely incorrect, its a business class ticket booked directly on lufthansa.com, seat selection should be included.

Stacycrow Nov 25, 2022 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 34783624)
Dear stacycrow,

according to your first post, you've received an e-mail declaring the total loss of your bag(s) by our Central Baggage Tracing team on October 17th, and colleagues claimed that this has been handed over to Customer Relations for reimbursement. Weren't you provided with the Feedback ID relating to that case? Cited feedback above mentions a claim that was reported with Singapore Airlines (CGKSQ33191), wheras I understand that your initial claim came in regards to YULLH11316? Please specify. It might make sense to forward The Tracing team's e-mail to Customer Relations for clarification, after all. But please, this time, use the reference option and choose the topic "Ask about existing feedback" rather than a complete new one, resulting in yet another new Feedback ID for less confusion.

Thanks,
Katharina

I will clarify for you….

Lufthansa Business Class booking CGK-MUC-YUL on 19 July 2022.

One suitcase (1) lost CGK-MUC; three (3) suitcases lost MUC-YUL.

Lost Luggage Report made with Singapore Airlines for CGK-MUC flight (CGKSQ33191) & Lost Luggage Report made with Lufthansa (YULLH11316).

I keep completing Lufthansa Feedback form online because I get no response from Lufthansa. Hence a new ID is created every time by Lufthansa’s so called Customer Service Team.

Lufthansa’s “Customer Service System” is broken with excuses like ‘currently a large backlog of escalations,’ ‘please excuse the ongoing waiting time’ etc.

How would you like to have a Holiday in Canada without ALL your clothes, such as my Husbands suits and my evening dresses, shoes, jeans underwear and swimwear, medications, toiletries, gifts for our family etc. etc. ????

How would you like to waste your time and holiday shopping for essential clothing and toiletries and stressing about your lost Luggage.

SHOW SOME COMPASSION LUFTHANSA!

appenzeller Nov 26, 2022 6:16 am

None M&M Frequent Flyer Memberships on LH/LX

Originally Posted by lamphs (Post 34780739)
Hello LH,

I booked a set of flights yesterday via the LH website and I created a M&M profile. I wanted to add my UA *G FF number, however, it gives me an error with the format of my phone number that must be corrected before I can move forward. I called the US # yesterday and the friendly agent verified that this was a known problem and I should check back this evening. The problem remains.

How can this problem be resolved so that I can add my UA number?

Many thanks!

Same issue here for months - LH/LX IT is not capable to handle other Star Alliance Frequent Flyer Programs - it really is so annoying that I start to believe this is intentional in order to try to convince people to sign up to the useless "Miles & Less" Program

lamphs Nov 26, 2022 10:00 am

Update here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34785998-post82.html

maverikbc Nov 27, 2022 4:16 am

Rebooking still not made after involuntary cancellation and carrier change

Hello LH, I hope you can help me, because I've tried a few different avenues, nothing has worked.

I bought cgk-yvr-cgk directly from LH. I was notified last segment by SQ sin-cgk was cancelled, and my ticket has been showing cgk -YVR -sin since. Weeks later, I was notified LH FRA -YVR -fra have been changed to Eurowings discovery (EWD). Over a month ago, I called to get rebooked, because:

1. I still need to finish my trip at cgk as originally booked, not at sin.
2. I wanted to get rebooked from EWD to AC metals, because the part of the deal was to earn miles with LH metals, and it's no longer possible with EWD with most programs.
3. I wanted to change dates and cities, from cgk-yvr-cgk to DPS -YVR -dps (same country as cgk) without repricing.
​​​​

After I talked to several reps, #2 was refused due to no seats available on AC, although I saw seats for sale on LH site if I searched by each segment. I was told #1 will be processed, which hasn't happened over a month. I started getting anxious, because my outbound will be happening in December, and inbound in March. #3 was refused by all but one rep. Can you clarify what is allowed and what is not after involuntary cancellation and carrier changes?

I haven't seen any posts here that rebookings haven't happened for weeks, so I started feeling like my request has gone through the cracks.

What I've tried:
4. Called several times in October.
5. Went to support chat today.

So far my experience has been horrible. Do they have a culture of hanging up on customers when they feel they're incapable? Of several calls in October, many of them put me on hold to go check something, then magically get disconnected while on hold, so I had to start all over again, and received inconsistent responses as I described above. I went to try chat today, after I asked a question, the chat client showed your rep ended the chat. I've spent over half an hour with this rep including a wait time, then waited another half an hour, this time couldn't get it connected, chat client kept showing the same number or people ahead of me. I keep call logs, name of reps, and screenshots of the chat. I hope I won't need to contact SOP, but it's unfortunate that I need to keep record.
TIA.

nexus7556 Nov 27, 2022 4:24 am

Just flew FCO-MUC-BER

lufthansa left my bags in MUC

this joke of an airline can’t get anything right

nexus7556 Nov 27, 2022 5:18 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 34783626)
Hello nexus7556,

unfortunately, I'm not as sure how to help here. Is this in regards to your phone number's change in your profile or about the seat reservation? Feel free to send us the booking code along with the full passenger names via direct message and we'll see if we can assist or not.

Thank you,
Katharina

for the record, I sent a DM to the lurker and got no response before my flight

Stacycrow Nov 27, 2022 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by nexus7556 (Post 34787546)
Just flew FCO-MUC-BER

lufthansa left my bags in MUC

this joke of an airline can’t get anything right

Hope you get them back! Our bags have been confirmed lost by Lufthansa.

kttosia Nov 28, 2022 1:54 am

Good morning
Concerns Charles de Gaulle airport - seems that as of 1 December LH group is moving to terminal 1 - is the business lounge there going to be open from the first day? I'm flying on 1.12 :-)

Terminal 1 - CHARLES DE GAULLE AIRPORT (Paris CDG) (easycdg.com)
Reopening of Terminal 1
From December 1, 2022 to Januray 13, 2023, several airlines are moving from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1.

• December 1 :
Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Eurowings, Lufthansa, SWISS

LufthansaGermanAirlines Nov 28, 2022 3:24 am

Originally Posted by Stacycrow (Post 34785162)
I will clarify for you….

Lufthansa Business Class booking CGK-MUC-YUL on 19 July 2022.

One suitcase (1) lost CGK-MUC; three (3) suitcases lost MUC-YUL.

Lost Luggage Report made with Singapore Airlines for CGK-MUC flight (CGKSQ33191) & Lost Luggage Report made with Lufthansa (YULLH11316).

I keep completing Lufthansa Feedback form online because I get no response from Lufthansa. Hence a new ID is created every time by Lufthansa’s so called Customer Service Team.

Lufthansa’s “Customer Service System” is broken with excuses like ‘currently a large backlog of escalations,’ ‘please excuse the ongoing waiting time’ etc.

How would you like to have a Holiday in Canada without ALL your clothes, such as my Husbands suits and my evening dresses, shoes, jeans underwear and swimwear, medications, toiletries, gifts for our family etc. etc. ????

How would you like to waste your time and holiday shopping for essential clothing and toiletries and stressing about your lost Luggage.

SHOW SOME COMPASSION LUFTHANSA!

Dear stacycrow,

kindly understand that Flyertalk does not provide the most ideal space to discuss complex cases like yours that have resulted in numerous Feedback IDs being handled and internally forwarded for clarification, already. It also shows it does not prove helpful to send rebouncer after rebouncer to Customer Relations, just because you have not received their response as quickly. Various IDs have been created making it more and more difficult to follow up on your claim. For an overview:

FB ID 36300859 stands in reference to your lost baggage with Lufthansa and was responded to on November 26th. You were offered a reimbursement and asked to reach out to Singapore Airlines for your lost luggage with SQ.

FB ID 35995721 was forwarded to Singapore handling for further handling and you were advised about it on October 26th.

If you have further questions or would like a review, please refer back to Customer Relations using "Ask about existing feedback" as your topic and use no other than those two IDs. Else, it would create even more confusion. as Social Media team, cannot provide further assistance here, as we are not involved in their handling or have any sort of influence.

Thank you,
Katharina

LufthansaGermanAirlines Nov 28, 2022 3:25 am

Originally Posted by maverikbc (Post 34787541)
Hello LH, I hope you can help me, because I've tried a few different avenues, nothing has worked.

I bought cgk-yvr-cgk directly from LH. I was notified last segment by SQ sin-cgk was cancelled, and my ticket has been showing cgk -YVR -sin since. Weeks later, I was notified LH FRA -YVR -fra have been changed to Eurowings discovery (EWD). Over a month ago, I called to get rebooked, because:

1. I still need to finish my trip at cgk as originally booked, not at sin.
2. I wanted to get rebooked from EWD to AC metals, because the part of the deal was to earn miles with LH metals, and it's no longer possible with EWD with most programs.
3. I wanted to change dates and cities, from cgk-yvr-cgk to DPS -YVR -dps (same country as cgk) without repricing.
​​​​

After I talked to several reps, #2 was refused due to no seats available on AC, although I saw seats for sale on LH site if I searched by each segment. I was told #1 will be processed, which hasn't happened over a month. I started getting anxious, because my outbound will be happening in December, and inbound in March. #3 was refused by all but one rep. Can you clarify what is allowed and what is not after involuntary cancellation and carrier changes?

I haven't seen any posts here that rebookings haven't happened for weeks, so I started feeling like my request has gone through the cracks.

What I've tried:
4. Called several times in October.
5. Went to support chat today.

So far my experience has been horrible. Do they have a culture of hanging up on customers when they feel they're incapable? Of several calls in October, many of them put me on hold to go check something, then magically get disconnected while on hold, so I had to start all over again, and received inconsistent responses as I described above. I went to try chat today, after I asked a question, the chat client showed your rep ended the chat. I've spent over half an hour with this rep including a wait time, then waited another half an hour, this time couldn't get it connected, chat client kept showing the same number or people ahead of me. I keep call logs, name of reps, and screenshots of the chat. I hope I won't need to contact SOP, but it's unfortunate that I need to keep record.
TIA.

Dear maverikbc,

I apologize for the caused upset and regret to hear that after all this time your flight itinerary still seems incomplete and being heavily affected by the irregularity. It's sad that none of our Service Center colleagues were able to clarify the rebooking and appeared at loss while being confronted with the case. Kindly understand that we, as Social Media team, a) do not handle individual, complex booking-related inquiries and b) cannot give you advice without knowledge of the situation. I will say that: Being affected by a flight cancellation, you are allowed to rebook free of charge or, if an alternative cannot be found, will receive a refund. A change of the operating carrier does not qualify for either of the two. Any rerouting possibility depends on your fare conditions. You are welcome to send us your booking code along with the name via direct message, if you would like us to check on the current status of your flight itinerary and the possibility of an origin change. The rebooking and reissue, however, will have to be handled upon calling the Service Center.

Best,
Katharina

LufthansaGermanAirlines Nov 28, 2022 3:27 am

Originally Posted by nexus7556 (Post 34784112)
As of tonight the country code issue seems resolved. However now when I open my reservation it says "Conditions of your ticket do not allow for seat reservations on lh.com. Please contact our service center at: 1-800-645-3880 or select seats during check-in." This is absolutely incorrect, its a business class ticket booked directly on lufthansa.com, seat selection should be included.

Originally Posted by nexus7556 (Post 34787609)
for the record, I sent a DM to the lurker and got no response before my flight

Dear nexus7556,

I have replied to your DM. Kindly understand that we are available only on weekdays, from 9 to 5 CET, and, hence, could not respond earlier.

Best,
Katharina

LufthansaGermanAirlines Nov 28, 2022 3:30 am

Originally Posted by kttosia (Post 34789693)
Good morning
Concerns Charles de Gaulle airport - seems that as of 1 December LH group is moving to terminal 1 - is the business lounge there going to be open from the first day? I'm flying on 1.12 :-)

Terminal 1 - CHARLES DE GAULLE AIRPORT (Paris CDG) (easycdg.com)
Reopening of Terminal 1
From December 1, 2022 to Januray 13, 2023, several airlines are moving from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1.

• December 1 :
Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Eurowings, Lufthansa, SWISS

Hi there, kttosia,

according to our CDG colleagues, it is indeed planned to reopen the lounge on December 1st. However, it depends on the local authorities’ decision and we can't guarantee as of yet.

Best,
Katharina