Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Launches "Blue Legends" app for "foursquare" users

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:41 am
Original Poster

LH's social media team has asked me to forward any comments or feedback that Blue Legends users may have. I've had several people provide feedback along the way through my blog, but wanted to get feedback from FT'ers who may not be familiar with it.

They're meeting in the near future to discuss BL's progress and looking at new ideas to expand the project.

If you have any constructive feedback or ideas on BL, please PM them to me or email them to me on lufthansaflyerblog.com. I'll forward them on so they can have first hand feedback from users.

I posted this request on my blog this morning, offering a Lufthansa Fan Pack to one "lucky winner" as a thanks for providing feedback. Any replies I get through FT will be included, just include you FT handle if you are emailing me your comments.

Thanks!
Dennis
Old Jul 21, 2012, 5:40 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

My feedback would be that they focus their efforts on making basic features work better before wasting resources on these kind of stupid apps.
I really fail to see how this would be of interest for FF's above the age of 12. I don't need another social app, got plenty already.

The LH app and the M&M app are enough interaction with LH for me. I would prefer they focus on better support when I need them.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 9:08 am

Programs: LH HON->SEN, BA GGL+CCR->Gold, HH D, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RTW1
My feedback would be that they focus their efforts on making basic features work better before wasting resources on these kind of stupid apps.
I really fail to see how this would be of interest for FF's above the age of 12. I don't need another social app, got plenty already.

The LH app and the M&M app are enough interaction with LH for me. I would prefer they focus on better support when I need them.
Well said.
But as Lufthansa currently tries to exchange their customer base (getting rid of long term customers and attract new customers) it could make sense to do something in the social media space what others don't do.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
All the social media stuff makes little sense to the regular business flyer, but certainly addresses a need that is out there. The fb page has 1.2 million 'likers' and all the nonsensical stuff like mile scout, blue legends, scene spotter, the bloggers etc has quite a good response and must hit a nerve with the 10+ million customers they transport each year.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
All the social media stuff makes little sense to the regular business flyer, but certainly addresses a need that is out there. The fb page has 1.2 million 'likers' and all the nonsensical stuff like mile scout, blue legends, scene spotter, the bloggers etc has quite a good response and must hit a nerve with the 10+ million customers they transport each year.
I agree, the social apps are not geared towards the "professional traveler" nearly as much as it is focused on the "retail" traveler or tourist. Reading the FB pages, it's obvious who their target market is via FB, etc.

But sometimes the competition for badges and points even gets the best of us type "A" personalities!
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by gojko88
Good thing they launched the beta first - some guy named Stepman K. is abusing the hell out of the app. He's the mayor of most flights out of Germany by now...
And he still is doing so...

Same with Putu N. and a bunch of others....well....
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hippo72
And he still is doing so...

Same with Putu N. and a bunch of others....well....
LH is purging the abuser accounts any day now, and think they have a way to prevent abuse going forward.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
LH is purging the abuser accounts any day now, and think they have a way to prevent abuse going forward.
^
Old Jul 23, 2012, 3:24 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Thanks for the update(s), LH Flyer, do keep us posted!
Old Aug 2, 2012, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

According to LH's Social Media Team, they are purging the accounts of suspected abusers of the system tonight. They had given a few days for suspected abusers to reply via email. Those that did not reply with a valid explanation will have their accounts purged.

Please keep posting any anomalies with Blue Legends so that we can help them perfect the system.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 12:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Saw this infographic today which somewhat explains why LH and others are so desperate to capture the attention of travellers that use social media:

http://www.businessinsider.com/infog...-travel-2012-8

Didn't convince me, but hey it is what it is....
Old Aug 3, 2012, 4:02 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Well, as one of the younger FT members (please don't take this the wrong way ), I have to admit that it adds to the experience quite a bit. I'm an avid 4sq user and always interested in what LH's social media team puts out. A few days ago, I was planning a trip to Stockholm with my girlfriend and suggested we go via ZRH. She said she preferred routing through MUC because that way she'd get to catch up with me a bit on Blue Legends and unlock a few badges. Simply enough, on these short intra-EU hops, these "fun" bits of a journey mean more to us than who has better seats, for instance.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 4:45 am

I have absolutely no clue what on earth the 4sq benefit is, but I still do it, especially during travel. Inspite of not having a smart phone
Old Aug 3, 2012, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I have absolutely no clue what on earth the 4sq benefit is, but I still do it, especially during travel.
+1

One "benefit": I checked in into a venue in Hamburg via 4sq the other day and a friend of mine called me and we'd dinner.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 5:14 am

OK, one benefit is earning miles and points via topguest (only at some programs, thanks to massive misuse many have stopped it), another is that I know when Hippo72, FlyGVA, and many other FT/VFT/LH buddies I have on 4sq are commuting, having dinner, taking baths at the FCL, collecting ducks, and feeling the love when they <3 my checkins.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.