Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Launches "Blue Legends" app for "foursquare" users

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Lufthansa went live with a new social media based app that rewards Lufthansa flyers with coupons, badges, and promotional opportunities when they use foursquare to check in with the Lufthansa based opportunities. I posted more details and the relevant links on my website tonight.

I had the opportunity to see a preview of this a few weeks ago while in Frankfurt, and I think its a great way to get passengers to increase their interactions.\ with the airline. A lot of great things are in store for this new product.

Last edited by oliver2002; Dec 7, 2016 at 2:11 am
Old Jun 29, 2012, 1:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Its not only foursquare, you can link your facebook too, or either. When LH showed it to us sbm12 & rcs85551 went 'meh'. I use 4sq (don't ask me why) but stopped showing the world what I'm doing when (except topguest), so time will tell.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 1:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The press release: http://presse.lufthansa.com/en/news-...icle/2180.html

What I find irritation is that the link takes you to fb directly...
Old Jun 29, 2012, 1:59 am

I'm sorry but I never got that check in thing. Can someone explain it to me? What is the benefit?
Old Jun 29, 2012, 3:33 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
I'm very glad to see LH taking such a comprehensive approach with 4sq, unlike some other half-arsed attempts. They do seem pretty unclear on the benefits, though, although I presume most badges will translate to miles.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 4:06 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
So, I'm one of the 3 people on the Internet who still don't have a facebook profile. However, I do use 4sq, as it's a great way to give a glimpse of my life to the people I care about as I buzz around

Is there a way to connect it *only* to 4sq, without having to connect with FB first?
Old Jun 29, 2012, 4:12 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Not atm, as the website uses fb only to create yout profile... It's a valid point, though, one should be able to choose between e-mail and facebook login. Like here on FT
Old Jun 29, 2012, 4:17 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gojko88
Not atm, as the website uses fb only to create yout profile... It's a valid point, though, one should be able to choose between e-mail and facebook login. Like here on FT
or - shudder - www.miles-and-more.com username and password
Old Jun 29, 2012, 4:50 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by hdogan
or - shudder - www.miles-and-more.com username and password
...or cardnumber and PIN
Old Jun 29, 2012, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by DUB-FRA
I'm sorry but I never got that check in thing. Can someone explain it to me? What is the benefit?
Topguest.com gives you points with various loyalty programs (I use Hilton, B Western, P. Club and United MP, there are more) if they detect that you checked in at certain locations.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by gojko88
They do seem pretty unclear on the benefits, though, although I presume most badges will translate to miles.
No free miles planned (I showed them the UA MP scheme though...) but you will get small gifts for things like having flown on a middle seat 5 times in a row etc.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
No free miles planned (I showed them the UA MP scheme though...) but you will get small gifts for things like having flown on a middle seat 5 times in a row etc.
I've updated my blog post to reflect images of sample badges, and what the mayor's seat would look like on a flight that a pax has become the mayor of:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/lufthansaflyer/?p=7983
Old Jun 29, 2012, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Its not only foursquare, you can link your facebook too, or either. When LH showed it to us sbm12 & rcs85551 went 'meh'. I use 4sq (don't ask me why) but stopped showing the world what I'm doing when (except topguest), so time will tell.
I found out this morning that it is also an app capable of running on a desktop/laptop, so no mobile device is required.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 5:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Seems more like something for children.....
Old Jun 29, 2012, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RTW1
Seems more like something for children.....
you'll be surprised how many adults are competitive when it comes to earning points and "winning".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.