Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa First Award seats availability [for partner FFPs outside of M&M]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
So I am hoping to get 2 LH F partner award's from FRA -> MIA on a Saturday in February 2018...

I know no one can predict but is this a particularly busy route during this season... just wondering if anyone has any insight.

I guess we would be willing to fly out on the friday too.

Thanks!
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by Lewis42
So I am hoping to get 2 LH F partner award's from FRA -> MIA on a Saturday in February 2018...

I know no one can predict but is this a particularly busy route during this season... just wondering if anyone has any insight.

Thanks!
Are you aware, that LH (usually) only opens O-cl to partner airlines at T-14, if still available...?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Are you aware, that LH (usually) only opens O-cl to partner airlines at T-14, if still available...?
Yah, I already have some award tickets booked with KLM but I can cancel them cheaply
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:33 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Lewis42

Thanks!
If it's any consolation a First Class award for FRA-MIA is currently not available even to M&M members for the whole of February 2018.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
If it's any consolation a First Class award for FRA-MIA is currently not available even to M&M members for the whole of February 2018.
oh... well... I’m an optimist 🤷🏻.♂️
Old Sep 30, 2017, 3:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Germany has ski/winter vacations in February 2018. No chance to get anything as aircraft will be packed.
https://www.schulferien.org/deutschland/feriendichte/
Old Sep 30, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
I knew it was easy to get F seats on LH FRA-HND, but I just booked 4 on the same flight in January.
Booked 2. Then the next day another was released. Booked the 3rd. Then a few days later another was released, and snapped it up. Note none of these were requested by the HON team, they were just available.

Super excited to share LH F on the 747-8 with my family, none of them have flown LH F before (and one never in F at all). That said, it doesn't make me feel good about F staying on this route long term... no wonder they aren't selling it out of MUC, even when the 346 is flying it with an F cabin :|
Old Sep 30, 2017, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by vantage03
Super excited to share LH F on the 747-8 with my family, none of them have flown LH F before (and one never in F at all).|
Good reasons to be excited. Had that last month. FCL at FRA, LH F on B748, ANA Suite Lounge at HND, PA at FRA and HND: A very good experience.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 4:42 pm

Programs: Avios
Question Does Aeroplan get LH O (First) Class?

Hi! Does Aeroplan ever get LH O-class awards seats? If so, when? I'm using May 1 as a test day. I see availability on United.com and ExpertFlyer for LH432 (FRA to ORD). But not on Aeroplan.

I saw a thread about this in '16 and wanted to see if still the case: Aeroplan blocking Lufthansa O class

I have AmEx platinum and Chase points (so no xfer to Asiana) and I'm not sure it's worth 110K United points even for the over-the-top Frankfurt first class experience.

Also, does the same apply to Swiss?

Last edited by gsteph22; Apr 18, 2018 at 5:37 pm Reason: clarification
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by gsteph22
Hi! Does Aeroplan ever get LH O-class awards seats? If so, when?
Yes, but only within 14 days of departure.

LX does not release F seats to any *A partners (except occasionally by mistake, and they cancelled all the tickets last time that happened).
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:47 pm

Programs: Avios
Thank you! Does UA sometimes get seats before Aeroplan? Because it's 10 days out and I'm seeing LH O seats on united.com only.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Thank you! Does UA sometimes get seats before Aeroplan? Because it's 10 days out and I'm seeing LH O seats on united.com only.
It could be phantom inventory on UA. That's not uncommon.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 1:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I think that is only the case when there are non-synchronous updates.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:46 am
pjs

Hi! Does Aeroplan ever get LH O-class awards seats? If so, when? I'm using May 1 as a test day. I see availability on United.com and ExpertFlyer for LH432 (FRA to ORD). But not on Aeroplan.

I saw a thread about this in '16 and wanted to see if still the case: Aeroplan blocking Lufthansa O class

I have AmEx platinum and Chase points (so no xfer to Asiana) and I'm not sure it's worth 110K United points even for the over-the-top Frankfurt first class experience.

Also, does the same apply to Swiss?
I booked LH F for BOS-FRA this coming Saturday via Asiana miles and the inventory showed on UA, AC and EF when I booked it this past Sunday.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Posting here in case anybody has info. LH F award (O) showing up on EF and ANA. Neither UA nor Aeroplan can see the availability. Incredibly frustrating to be so close to booking, and yet so far away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.