Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SMK77
Both is correct.
Thank You.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Meilensammler
LH will send out the new conditions to all customers starting today. The lower mileage in Business also applies to Swiss (including the Business Saver) and Austrian.
So the long thread on P class here on FT turned about to be correct in terms of suspicions about the earnings of P on longhaul LX.

I guess "that's the way the ball bounces".
Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:42 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Marcin83
Well, the question is if the changes are retroactive. I mean, I have some LX flights in P in August and than one LH "Z" long-haul booking for August-September. As I made the bookings before the changes have been announced, I hope to accumulate status miles according to the "old" rules.
That would be nice, but I doubt it. I am quite confident that the new rules will apply no matter when you booked the ticket as you do not earn the miles in advance but when flying.

So it is time to evaluate my FFPs again make decisions/changes.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by totti
That would be nice, but I doubt it. I am quite confident that the new rules will apply no matter when you booked the ticket as you do not earn the miles in advance but when flying.

So it is time to evaluate my FFPs again make decisions/changes.
Any idea when the new rules take effect?

All September 1st or ???
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Another move by LH to be more like SQ's PPS...

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Originally Posted by sunseeker
at least it has been published in english:

At the same time Miles & More is thanking frequent-flying Senators this year with a loyalty promotion: earning 300,000 HON Circle miles within two calendar years will in future be rewarded with two eVouchers for upgrades to the next highest service class. The HON Circle miles flown in 2011 are also taken into account in this total.
Damn. I earned 300K HON miles in 2009-2011, but won't likely make it this year....

Of course, not being able to upgrade from Z also makes the vouchers less useful.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

more details from brummi@VFT

Code:
Adjustment to the qualification rule for HON Circle Members:
• In future HON Circle miles needed to achieve or renew HON Circle status can be earned solely on flights in First and Business Class.
• With effect from 1 September 2012, status and award miles will still be credited for Economy Class flights, but not HON Circle miles.

Change to the booking guarantee in Business Class for HON Circle Members:
• Effective from 1 September 2012, the HON Circle booking guarantee for Business Class will only apply in the highest booking class on each airline. On Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Lufthansa and SWISS, this is booking class J; on our airline partners Adria Airways, Croatia Airlines and LOT Polish Airlines, it is booking class C.
• The booking guarantee for Economy Class flights in booking class Y remains unchanged.

New rule for earning miles in Business booking class Z:
In future the miles earned in Business Class will be more closely aligned to the value of the ticket, as is already the case in Economy Class. Therefore the mileage credit in the lower-priced Business booking class Z is being amended for flights from 1 September as follows:
• 1,000 award, status and HON Circle miles on domestic flights (previously 1,500 miles)
• 1,250 miles on continental flights (previously 2,000 miles)
• 150% of the distance miles on intercontinental flights (previously 200%)

Introduction of the new Business booking class P:
The miles credited in the new, lowest-priced Business booking class P (exclusively for promotions) will be set as follows on its introduction in March:
• 500 award, status and HON Circle miles on domestic flights
• 750 miles on continental flights
• 100% of the distance miles on intercontinental flights
These mileage levels will also apply to Austrian Airlines flights with effect from 16 May 2012 and to SWISS flights with effect from 1 September 2012.

Upgrade awards from Business Class no longer available in booking classes Z and P:
• Upgrade awards from Business booking class Z to First Class will no longer be available on Lufthansa-operated flights effective from 1 September 2012. The same applies to the new Business booking class P on Lufthansa flights with immediate effect.
• On SWISS-operated flights, upgrade awards to First Class from Business booking classes Z and P will continue to be available. There will be an additional surcharge of 20,000 miles (currently: 15,000 miles) for these upgrades with effect from 1 September 2012.

In addition to these amendments, other changes to the Miles & More programme are as follows:
• Expansion of the one-way flight award offer: from 1 September 2012, one-way flight awards will be available to book on all Miles & More airline partners. For these, 50% of the miles for a regular flight award will be required. Also new: one-way flight awards will be bookable online at Miles & More - Miles & More | Europe's leading frequent flyer programme. This applies to flights on the following airlines: Adria Airways, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, Condor, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa and SWISS.
• Lowering of the Senator qualification threshold in Germany: the qualification threshold for customers living in Germany will be reduced from 130,000 miles to 100,000 miles within a calendar year. The mileage threshold in Germany will therefore correspond to the worldwide qualification requirement.
• Incentivisation of frequent-flying Senators: on reaching 300,000 HON Circle miles in the calendar years 2011 and 2012, Senators will receive two eVouchers for upgrades to the next highest travel class.

Provided no other statements are made, the changes mentioned apply to flights with Lufthansa and the fully-integrated Miles & More partner airlines (Adria Airways, Air Dolomiti, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, LOT Polish Airlines, Luxair and SWISS).
Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:59 am

Programs: LH HON
Well, I guess it is time to say bye to LH Group ... uncompetitive prices, less and less attractive program ...
Old Mar 20, 2012, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks Oliver for posting the new detailed rules.

Quite large changes.

The booking guarantee in J is certainly very generous

Appreciate the updates- time to plan accordingly.

How long until access to HON circle lounges is only on business fares Z and above? Anyone?? Odds on or before 31DEC2012?

Or maybe they can get a Fiat 500 or 2 to take members to the plane if they are on P fares? It would be great to put the "Nonstop You" logo on the roof!
Old Mar 20, 2012, 4:05 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Another move by LH to be more like SQ's PPS...
Flying blue APR'09 and their devaluation of booking classes is more like it...

Loyalty? overrated...

GBM
Old Mar 20, 2012, 4:08 am

Glad I got my SEN in last year, valid till 2/2015. In reflection, it was due to a ton V intercont flights (with a SWU or two to help me into C) and one Z on LH, the rest in Z and A on US Air.

Looking at the changes it will not affect the higher fare (Y-V) eco pax, but more the Z (and now P) leisure/corporate travellers who aimed to fly F , certainly a group of pax LH was pampering to keep booking their C product. If they don't accompany this change with a major discount in Z/P, this could spell trouble for revenue...
Old Mar 20, 2012, 4:08 am
hch

Originally Posted by MichielR
Good news for me is that I should receive 2 more evouchers having passed the 300k mark already, but the bad news is that I will need to (try to...) spend them before 1 Sep on a Z fare..
Same for me. I've been trying to get more on BA recently, but the offers (either from my travel agent or online) haven't been stellar either, probably due to my location haven't too interestina OW coverage. I guess even if I'm stuck on *A UA seems like the more interesting program now - unless they enhance it as well.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 4:33 am

So i'll have to make my business saver run before 1st September 2012 to get 200% miles credited right?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 4:40 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
To me the LH Group of 2012 smells like Air France-KLM of 2009:
  • Tinkering with booking classes which in the end sc**w customers
  • Devaluing the loyalty program
  • Air France NEO is (much much) worse than Lufthansa NEK, but the idea is the same
  • Medium haul catering going down in quality (still LH is superior to AF, but i) that's not difficult and ii) the direction is the same)

Interesting to note that Air France starts making some very timid first moves in the opposite direction: upgraded catering in premium cabins in Europe, very ambitous announcements for its longhaul Business product, rumours of introducing a new top level tier in its FFP, and (admittedly that's relevant only for very few people) no more ARJs on the Paris-Zurich route. As of today Lufthansa is still the better company with better reliability + more competent staff on the ground + better FFP program + tier benefits. But by the time my HON card runs out in two years LHLX may have gone down even further, AFKL moved upmarket, and my business will shift again.

Oh well, just when I thought I'd say goodbye to AFKL forever LHLX sort of stabs me in the back. A pity.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 4:45 am

At least:
- it has been communicated well in advance! (I guess LH may have learned from last weeks court case).
- Swiss will still allow upgrades from P and Z - am I right that evouchers are included in this?
- No changes to mileage earning or upgrades until September.

For those flying economy it is not such a big deal (in fact better chance to get SEN), though the Swiss Business upgrade into P is less value now. I do hope to see more special business fares in the future...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.