Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New LH business class amenity kits

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
New LH business class amenity kits

I've flown about eight long haul LH flights in F and C on LH since the SMD3 in September and been collecting an array of different amenity kits from both classes (but no mini-Rimowa). The C kits last year were a cloth case with a child's picture drawn on it or the A380 metal case. Today flew ex-MUC to LAX and there was a new one similar to the much older sack style. This one was a blue shoe bag style with the same minimal contents: socks, eye shade, toothbrush/paste, lip balm, ear plugs, headphone earpiece covers.

Not sure what they were giving out in F today, though I've received three different types of Bognar cases and the Porsche one when I got the new cabin B744.

Last edited by Shareholder; Jan 19, 2012 at 5:04 am
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Shareholder
I've flown about eight long haul LH flights in F and C on LH since the SMD3 in September and been collecting an array of different amenity kits from both classes (but no mini-Rowena). The C kits last year were a cloth case with a child's picture drawn on it or the A380 metal case. Today flew ex-MUC to LAX and there was a new one similar to the much older sack style. This one was a blue shoe bag style with the same minimal contents: socks, eye shade, toothbrush/paste, lip balm, ear plugs, headphone earpiece covers.

Not sure what they were giving out in F today, though I've received three different types of Bognar cases and the Porsche one when I got the new cabin B744.
The current F kits are very cheap. Quite embarrassing IMHO.
I'll take a picture tomorrow.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
I've flown about eight long haul LH flights in F and C on LH since the SMD3 in September and been collecting an array of different amenity kits from both classes (but no mini-Rowena).
I missed the Rimowa too when LH had them, now TG F got Rimowa instead !

When LH use Rimowa for F, I think for a time it also come with Ferragmo products, those maybe the best products LH ever have in F !

Originally Posted by Rambuster
The current F kits are very cheap. Quite embarrassing IMHO.
I'll take a picture tomorrow.
I think the most shocking thing is for the men's kit in F, all it has is a handcreme, not even lipbalm ! How pathetic is that ?

Even the Porshe kit is not much better, it has the exact same contents as Bogner kit, the only extra is Porshe fragrance sample ! (the kind of sample you would get it at a department store fragrance counter for free) Consider it is a F kit, I would think they should have at least a small bottle of the Porshe fragrance come with the bag, if not a facial mist.

I felt like it is even cheaper than UA's F kit ! (minus the bag)

The bathroom sometimes has both mouthwash and lotion, sometimes only has one or the other, or sometimes don't even have any !

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jan 19, 2012 at 12:56 am
Old Jan 20, 2012, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Angry a new low ?

So, what's the verdict ? Is anything cheaper possible ?

The FA was also quite embarrassed when she handed this piece of plastic to me.

What's even worse is that the contents, especially the eye mask carry the smell of the plastic. Luckily I always carry my own mask as the one provided was unusable due to the intense smell.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LX has much better amenity kits in F than LH.

In business there appears to be a mix going around right now- I had the A380 tin on a 744 PVG/FRA last week.

My concern is that the kits are now of such quality that many people leave them behind- thus risking an "enhancement" on envionrmental grounds such as "our commitment to the enviornment combined with customer preferences have lead to the enhancment of amenity kits which are no longer available".

Seriously in both C and F there really should be a good quality kit. It is also great marketing for the airline as customers tend to keep the high quality kits and use them (thus reminding them of the airline).
Old Jan 20, 2012, 4:49 am

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG

Seriously in both C and F there really should be a good quality kit. It is also great marketing for the airline as customers tend to keep the high quality kits and use them (thus reminding them of the airline).
Agreed. I don't fly LH long haul too often, but the amenity kit has always struck me as being awful. 1) it looks like something from Poundland, 2) it assumes, wrongly, that I play golf.

I'll be flying to Seoul on LH next week, and I'll be amazed if the amenity kit is worse than the previous offerings.

Rambuster - are those pictures of the business or first amenity kit?
Old Jan 20, 2012, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Wow that is embarrassing for a F kit, even for a C/J one. Rambuster has offered to post photos I just sent him of the new C kit and one of the two previous Bogner F kits I collected last fall. As coincidence would have it, we've both been in the air ex-LAX yesterday. I've got a TG F flight from CDG-BKK in March so looking forward to finally getting one of the legendary Rimowa (have I gotten it correct this time?) ones, and a couple of LX flights in both F and C in February and March so hope they've not gone the LH path!

I use the Bogner ones to hold various items (computer chargers, cables, memory sticks) in my carry on but not sure I'd want one of these new ones.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow that is embarrassing for a F kit, even for a C/J one. Rambuster has offered to post photos I just sent him of the new C kit and one of the two previous Bogner F kits I collected last fall. As coincidence would have it, we've both been in the air ex-LAX yesterday. I've got a TG F flight from CDG-BKK in March so looking forward to finally getting one of the legendary Rimowa (have I gotten it correct this time?) ones, and a couple of LX flights in both F and C in February and March so hope they've not gone the LH path!

I use the Bogner ones to hold various items (computer chargers, cables, memory sticks) in my carry on but not sure I'd want one of these new ones.
Here are your pictures, I've uploaded them for you:

TG F had the Rimowa kits last year in "TG purple" colour. Very nice.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Doug_1970
Rambuster - are those pictures of the business or first amenity kit?
Those are the First Class kits !
Old Jan 20, 2012, 8:14 am

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
Those are the First Class kits !

It looks worse than most of the other *A business class amenity kits.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 8:55 am

So, what's the verdict ? Is anything cheaper possible ? [l.
I got the same last week in SQ F on a 777. The smell will go away, just let it out on the balcony in the sum for a day
Old Jan 20, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Today on the 380, I got the metal pencil box with the 380 on it again. So nothing new on the fat birdie.

Didn't bother to drag it along.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by weero
Today on the 380, I got the metal pencil box with the 380 on it again. So nothing new on the fat birdie.

Didn't bother to drag it along.
Metal pencil box is on the 744s out of Asia at the moment as well.

The "golf bags" seem to be on most N. America routes.

I don't bother taking the box off the plane- they are really useless (both the Swiss and the Lufthansa models).
Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

EK F has a nice leather bag with Bulgari toiletries.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Doug_1970

It looks worse than most of the other *A business class amenity kits.
Yes, even makes the UA see-through mesh C kit look sophisticated. One can only wonder what got into the minds of those at LH (and it would appear SQ) who approved this obscenity! Perhaps they figured too many passengers were leaving the kits behind so was best to downgrade them? Or maybe they were caught up in the same insanity that gripped the futurists at Airbus who came up with that see through hyperliner!!!

Thanks for posting the photos Rambuster. Something in the lighting at the Westin LAX that gave the yellowish lighting. BTW the third version of the Bogner was identical to the one on the right, but also had the strip of ribbon down the middle as found on the one on he left. There was also a female version of the Bogner that WS a white rubbery variant of the one on the right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.