Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Senator sues LH because of increased "miles prices"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2012, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe LH will start redacting/censoring newspapers/magazines on the aircraft/lounges due to the negative PR and likely difficult questions to the crew!
Old Apr 19, 2012, 6:32 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by flyhi152
..This is a good example for the legal system in Germany which allows David to fight against Goliath. Here in America big business controls everything: the justice system, the media - no wonder that there have not been any reports about this case in the US.
There's no report because such an assault on their elites has yet to happen in the US.

Sure the new DL and UA are quite elite hostile and they certainly do lie to the elites and play childish tricks but they never did anything on the scale of Lufthansa's venture here.
But maybe LH is just a style leader of things to come in the airline industry.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Here is Prof. Dr. Eggendorf's motion for the upcoming annual shareholder meeting:

http://investor-relations.lufthansa....enantrag-B.pdf

Should be a good show!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
This will turn out to be a freak show similar to the guys who protest each year because LH transports deportees who failed to get the asylum approved . While the application of the other guy to remove PwC has some basis, a shareholder who is suing the company cannot ask the CEO to be removed because he acted in a certain way in response to his lawsuit.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 7:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by oliver2002
This will turn out to be a freak show similar to the guys who protest each year because LH transports deportees who failed to get the asylum approved . While the application of the other guy to remove PwC has some basis, a shareholder who is suing the company cannot ask the CEO to be removed because he acted in a certain way in response to his lawsuit.
Eggendorfer is a very smart guy. That's contrary to some Senior Moderators on FT who seem to have difficulties to even comprehend a short article:

Eggendorfer is not asking to 'remove' the CEO as suggested, he is just asking to 'postpone' the decision to make sure the general assembly has all relevant information before approving Franz last 12 months in the office.

'Fraud' is a serious offense and if the e-mail is genuine, LH senior management has a problem for sure - including the CEO.

This whole thing is damaging Franz more and more. What is worse is that he has not learned his lessons from Miles&Less in Switzerland.

http://www.meilenschwund.de
Old Apr 20, 2012, 7:30 am

?

sorry oliver, but did you actually READ the script?
i could not find any part indicating there has been any notion of having the CEO removed...
Old Apr 20, 2012, 8:22 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If the AGM doesn't resolve to approve the motion 'Entlastung des Vorstandes' then it means they have a serious problem with the management of the corporation which normally means that the CEO who is responsible for the actions of the Board is not trusted by the shareholders to perform his duties correctly. Or is my understanding on how german corporate law works wrong?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 9:49 am

Or is my understanding on how german corporate law works wrong?
i am not standing on to judge any of your knowledge, oliver, but in this case the plan is to POSTPONE the decision, which no way will instantly lead to sacking the CEO.
nevermind...
Old Apr 20, 2012, 9:55 am

p.s.

having said this, an € 4 mrd gap in the balance sheet can certainly turn out to be something that makes a CEO stumble... !
Old Apr 20, 2012, 9:58 am

I was curious to see what this last round of devaluations would do to me regarding my loyalty to Lufthansa. On previous occasions, I had always returned quickly to LH (for convenience, a still superior total program, etc.).

This time it could be that my loyalty is actually broken. Today I have been looking through my flights since Jan 2012. For those flights where Lufthansa would have been an option, I booked LH group only 40% of times (previously it would have been 90%). Amazing, I am finally "free", it seems. And BA, EY and WY have a great product too, I found.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:01 am
Suspended

Punctuation?

He has written a logical statement / argument there.
But why does the punctuation has to be so bad / wrong???
He is a Prof. and should know better.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by sunseeker
having said this, an € 4 mrd gap in the balance sheet can certainly turn out to be something that makes a CEO stumble... !
My gut feel is nobody will stumble here. There must be many examples from other airlines (who I doubt reserve miles at 2.7c or similar). It will most likely all come down to the discovery of a huge spread between ask- and bid-prices ...
Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
i am not standing on to judge any of your knowledge, oliver, but in this case the plan is to POSTPONE the decision, which no way will instantly lead to sacking the CEO.
nevermind...
Our Senior Moderator needs a Lufthansa break of not less then 12 months. And that should include not moderating this forum as well.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 1:46 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
nevermind...
First of all, this is for PR, the vast majority at the AGM is accounted for.
Second, if an AGM decides not to relief the board for the past financial period, unless there is a technical reason (in these cases the board suggests that themselves), against the motion of the board...any CEO would take it as what it is, a massive criticism and step down.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by mamb0
First of all, this is for PR, the vast majority at the AGM is accounted for.
Second, if an AGM decides not to relief the board for the past financial period, unless there is a technical reason (in these cases the board suggests that themselves), against the motion of the board...any CEO would take it as what it is, a massive criticism and step down.
any CEO worth his salt would, but this one??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.