A Senator sues LH because of increased "miles prices"

Old Nov 24, 11, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat., HHonors gold, IHG Plat., Accor gold, IC Amb, Hertz #1 club, Sixt plat.
A Senator sues LH because of increased "miles prices"

In Germany a LH Sneator is suing LH because of the increased miles prices at the end of 2010. He says that his miles account is devaluated by up to 40%, i.e. you now need 210.000 miles to go to Asia in first instead of 180.000 as it was before.
His main argument is that LH informed the M&M members only 4 weeks before the change took place and he did obviously not have enough time to spend the miles in that period.
The official hearing starts at Jan. 27 2012.

Let's see what happens, will be interesting for most of us

Source (in German):
http://www.ftd.de/unternehmen/handel.../60133334.html

Last edited by krausolany; Nov 24, 11 at 8:36 am Reason: include source
Old Nov 24, 11, 5:09 am
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Weren´t there a few FTers of members of VFT who wanted to sue LH over the same issue? Is he one of them?

What doesn´t make too much sense to me is that he apparently did 100 flights in C and sometimes F and still only got SEN status, if most of the segments were in paid C/F he should be HON, shouldn´t he? Heck, 1 long-haul C flight per month almost gets you HON status.

Anyways, it will be interesting to see how this turns out...I certainyl agree with his POV that LH´s decision to only give 4 weeks notice wasn´t too impressive.

Last edited by oliver2002; Dec 3, 12 at 1:41 pm
Old Nov 24, 11, 5:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The case has not been brought by SMK77 & co, this seems to be another party. Source: VFT thread on the same topic.
Old Nov 24, 11, 5:38 am

Looks like Stern, Hamburger Abendblatt, Spiegel Online and n-tv have picked up the same topic with verbatim text in the copy BILD has an article too.

http://news.google.de/news/story?pz=...mKbjQkYfSid33M

All copied the weird calculation what money LH saved by changing the redemption levels
Old Nov 24, 11, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
I heard a whisper that there will be a follow-up article in tomorrow's FTD !

Looking forward to reading more about this in the media.
Old Nov 24, 11, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
I heard a whisper that there will be a follow-up article in tomorrow's FTD !

Looking forward to reading more about this in the media.
Whisper about this? No... no one will read it
Old Nov 24, 11, 9:12 am

Programs: LH-SEN
And people say the US is a litigious country... hah!
Old Nov 24, 11, 9:20 am

Programs: QR P, LH Proud to be a one Star Negative Blue, Hilton Gold, GHA Black, WOH something
after all the LH "enhancements" in the last 2 years, ^ ^ ^ for that SEN! Even though I am not sure the trial will get him anywhere, at least the medias are publishing how is LH treating its FF's! Now I just wished someone could send them a detailed list of everything that was taken away:

- Lounge access: used to be you could get into a lounge even if not flying *A.

- expiry of e-vouchers: looking at our americans counterparts, i know not the same market, they get 12X more long haul upgrs than we do, and the only advantage we had for our miserable 1 upgrade every 2 years was that they did not expire! Now taken away!

- increase of mileages cost for upg in Z.

- blocking of O avaibility for *A: not affecting SEN's, but still impacting the *A FF's....

- miles cost increase of course

- cabin luggage on board the flights, we used to be able to take 2 bags without any issues most of the time, and without any weight concerns. it does impacts me when I am travelling CDG-FRA-long haul, as just my work bag is more than 8kg....

- and the horrible CS service center that LH has in place, but that has been around forever, or since I have been flying with them.

and i am sure i am forgetting some...
Old Nov 24, 11, 9:38 am

Programs: LH FTL**, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by synd View Post
e.g. hundreds of €€€ in "fuel surcharges" levied for award tickets (because they are "taxes", i.e. not covered by miles), while the same "fuel surcharges" are non-refundable for non-refundable paid fare classes (maybe because they are not taxes ). Of course, not mentioning that for awards on UA/CO etc. the operating carrier doesn't require anything like "fuel surcharge" for awards, so it's basically free money into LH's pocket.
Old Nov 24, 11, 12:56 pm

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
And the booking garuantee in D for HON and C for SEN taken away
And child Discount taken away for tickets on sale
And 2 eVouchers for HON-birthday taken away
What else did I forget?
Old Nov 24, 11, 1:44 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite), OW emerald (BA), ST elite plus (AF)
Originally Posted by krausolany View Post
His main argument is that LH informed the M&M members only 4 weeks before the change took place and he did obviously not have enough time to spend the miles in that period.
actually four weeks should have been enough to book award travel for the upcoming year ... the old milage prices were valid until 31st of december 2010 even for flights within 2011 ...

when that's his main argument ...

just my 2ct
Old Nov 24, 11, 3:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Looks like Stern, Hamburger Abendblatt, Spiegel Online and n-tv have picked up the same topic with verbatim text in the copy BILD has an article too.

http://news.google.de/news/story?pz=...mKbjQkYfSid33M

All copied the weird calculation what money LH saved by changing the redemption levels

hihihi, very good
Old Nov 24, 11, 3:33 pm

Programs: Not care as much as before...
Originally Posted by synd View Post
after all the LH "enhancements" in the last 2 years, ^ ^ ^ for that SEN! Even though I am not sure the trial will get him anywhere, at least the medias are publishing how is LH treating its FF's! Now I just wished someone could send them a detailed list of everything that was taken away:

- Lounge access: used to be you could get into a lounge even if not flying *A.

- expiry of e-vouchers: looking at our americans counterparts, i know not the same market, they get 12X more long haul upgrs than we do, and the only advantage we had for our miserable 1 upgrade every 2 years was that they did not expire! Now taken away!

- increase of mileages cost for upg in Z.

- blocking of O avaibility for *A: not affecting SEN's, but still impacting the *A FF's....

- miles cost increase of course

- cabin luggage on board the flights, we used to be able to take 2 bags without any issues most of the time, and without any weight concerns. it does impacts me when I am travelling CDG-FRA-long haul, as just my work bag is more than 8kg....

- and the horrible CS service center that LH has in place, but that has been around forever, or since I have been flying with them.

good. I don't like LH either (a previous LH FF)
Old Nov 24, 11, 4:32 pm

Programs: AF Gold | LH SEN | Hertz #1 Gold | PCR Plat | IC RA
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk View Post
e.g. hundreds of €€€ in "fuel surcharges" levied for award tickets (because they are "taxes", i.e. not covered by miles), while the same "fuel surcharges" are non-refundable for non-refundable paid fare classes (maybe because they are not taxes ). Of course, not mentioning that for awards on UA/CO etc. the operating carrier doesn't require anything like "fuel surcharge" for awards, so it's basically free money into LH's pocket.
On top of that LH was involved in a fuel charges and taxes price fixing cartel with other airlines. In the end they blew the wistle to EU in order to save their asses and put the blame on the other airlines....
http://www.airportwatch.org.uk/?p=2659
Old Nov 25, 11, 12:53 am

The second article of Mrs Lachmann is out this time with SMK77 and mentions of FT & VFT:

http://www.ftd.de/unternehmen/handel.../60133887.html

That should take care of my efforts to secure permanent representation of LH at FT

Search this Thread
Search Engine: