Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who are you guys in F

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2011, 7:02 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
[RANT]

Who are those people in F? They are people who think that because they are in F they can do whatever they want. Leave the window shade open on a night flight over the north pole during summer when you have a baby which needs to sleep. Read for an hour at 0100 with the two big lamps on rather than using the reading light and again making sleep impossible for adults and kids alike.

[/RANT]
Old Jul 25, 2011, 8:38 pm

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
[RANT]

Who are those people in F? They are people who think that because they are in F they can do whatever they want. Leave the window shade open on a night flight over the north pole during summer when you have a baby which needs to sleep. Read for an hour at 0100 with the two big lamps on rather than using the reading light and again making sleep impossible for adults and kids alike.

[/RANT]
+1
Old Jul 26, 2011, 2:15 am

Read for an hour at 0100 with the two big lamps on rather than using the reading light and again making sleep impossible for adults and kids alike.
Don't you get eyeshades in F? We do in C. (even in Y if you ask politely)
Old Jul 26, 2011, 2:39 am

Programs: UA Platinum, DL Platinum, AFKL Gold, Qatar Gold
I always fly on USAirDM fares.
I find them very competitive.

^
Old Jul 26, 2011, 7:00 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by A380*G
Don't you get eyeshades in F? We do in C. (even in Y if you ask politely)
Good point. The problem is that the world has two types of people. Those who can sleep with eyeshades (and earplugs) and those who don't. If the kids belong to the latter category you are at the mercy of the lightning god in 1D.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 7:43 am

Good point. The problem is that the world has two types of people. Those who can sleep with eyeshades (and earplugs) and those who don't. If the kids belong to the latter category you are at the mercy of the lightning god in 1D.
Well, to you guys that bring babies into aircrafts (independently of COS) I reckon it is more likely that your fellow pax can not sleep due to your screaming kid than the other way around.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by thyeri
I always fly on USAirDM fares.
I find them very competitive.

^
Indeed they are when they run 100% miles campaigns which they do pretty often.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 1:26 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by Rambuster
The US promo with F seat for (full fare) C ticket seems to be ongoing in 2011.
indeed it is
Old Jul 26, 2011, 2:22 pm

kids who don't like shades, ok i get that. every adult who refuses to use them but complain about lights being i don't! same goes for earplugs, i never liked them either but got used to it when i started traveling heavily for work. better feel a little uncomfortable for 10hrs and sleep than feeling like crap after arrival when you actually need to do your job...

Originally Posted by A380*G
Well, to you guys that bring babies into aircrafts (independently of COS) I reckon it is more likely that your fellow pax can not sleep due to your screaming kid than the other way around.
was never an issue to me, sometimes it just helps to play around with the kid (if its next/close to you) instead of scream at the parents... @:-) always puts the parents in a more understanding/helpful mood too...
Old Jul 26, 2011, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL Gold, SkyClub, AA PLT, CO Silver, AS MVPGLD
I'll pay for F on occasion for MIA/NYC-LAX flights as far as domestic US goes and I've paid for F on MIA-EZE several times because I really need to hit the ground running upon arrival and have trouble sleeping in J with people crawling over top of me to use the restroom or to stretch if I can't get a window seat. Other than that it's always with miles or domestic upgrades (USA). I read in a post on the Delta forum that the stat is that 12% riding up front are actually full fare F.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by ThorstenCGN
Yeah, some politicians out there in F. Just saw the self admitting liar Jean Claude Juncker in the FCT on Sunday last week. With the European Debt Sozialism he is co-running the biggest Ponzi scheme in history.
Im with you with this one! Heavy +1 ^
Old Jul 26, 2011, 2:50 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SPatrick83
I read in a post on the Delta forum that the stat is that 12% riding up front are actually full fare F.
Delta has a real F?!

People that I have seen "riding up front" on DL have always sat in "Business Premier"... Oh wait, I once was "riding up front" on DL MCI-DFW-RDU-ATL-MCI on a MD88 (or the like) in "FIRST" - those were the days...

Last edited by goliath; Jul 26, 2011 at 2:56 pm
Old Jul 26, 2011, 2:53 pm

Took my wife and 3 month old baby to New york on concorde some years ago.Paid R,me,companion voucher for wife, 10% for baby,much to the disgust of the lady across the aisle.Baby slept silently on the armrest all the way to New York,unlike the drunk in front.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by rapidex
Took my wife and 3 month old baby to New york on concorde some years ago.Paid R,me,companion voucher for wife, 10% for baby,much to the disgust of the lady across the aisle.Baby slept silently on the armrest all the way to New York,unlike the drunk in front.
Of course, as the armrest on the rocket is far too small for the drunk in front to sleep on !
Old Jul 26, 2011, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
[RANT]

[/RANT]
Yeah! And to add to your list: those that bring screaming children in F and expect the rest of us to accommodate them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.