Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who are you guys in F

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2011, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by aster
LOL. Wasn't there some sort of scandal back in the day about premium cabins on AF being bugged by gov't agencies?
According to Tom Clancy, planes are nearly impossible to bug.

Originally Posted by rollafan
Just an average guy who likes to travel in F whenever he can...
If you think you're average, you should get out more.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
I normally do about 50 to 60 flights a year from my pocket. Short haul (less that 3 hrs) I don't mind flying Y (you will understand me if you check out european "3seatsrow" C) Mostly I do long haul flights to Southamerica and Asia and there is where i start getting interested on that. I only fly C, mostly paid C and some awards. But F arrived in my life as an error/coincidence. A few years ago I was looking for a good o/w flight value from BKK to Europe and searching on Ita and Xp I founded an F class flying LH for 621$!!!! While I was trying to understand how that error can be alive on the route BKK-FRA-LON on LUFTHANSA I bought 2 of them. So on 1 flight I could get the chance to visit F class lounge in BKK and a few hours later F class lounge at FRA.... is like a dream come true, isn't it? Greatest experiences so far.
Sadly I don't have a boss who pays my tickets in F so normally Im stuck in C
My two next awards will be BCN-MUC-BKK in Thai F - (great TK fare in the middle from BKK to GRU (via IST) - and GRU-ZRH-BCN in LX F.
I can't recall what do I have to do in between flights but you know what?? I DONT CARE!

Cheers!

Last edited by heramato; Aug 13, 2011 at 9:35 pm
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by heramato
Sadly I don't have a boss who pays my tickets so normally Im stucked in C
I think for most people that would read: I don't have a boss who pays my (C) tickets so normally I'm stuck in Y.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by ung1
I think for most people that would read: I don't have a boss who pays my (C) tickets so normally I'm stuck in Y.
Fixed
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Fixed
I didn't mean to correct your English - just saying that most people are upset about having to travel Y, and it's funny that you have to 'slum' it in C. But of course, this is FT!
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by ung1
I didn't mean to correct your English - just saying that most people are upset about having to travel Y, and it's funny that you have to 'slum' it in C. But of course, this is FT!
I know! Just fixed both. The part of having to slum it in C is ironic.... but real! My last longhaul in Y was 3 or 4 years ago and Im not sure if I can handle going back there. Eventualy i will enjoy my holidays at car distance
Old Aug 14, 2011, 11:59 am

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
I normally do about 50 to 60 flights a year from my pocket. Short haul (less that 3 hrs) I don't mind flying Y (you will understand me if you check out european "3seatsrow" C) Mostly I do long haul flights to Southamerica and Asia and there is where i start getting interested on that. I only fly C, mostly paid C and some awards. But F arrived in my life as an error/coincidence. A few years ago I was looking for a good o/w flight value from BKK to Europe and searching on Ita and Xp I founded an F class flying LH for 621$!!!! While I was trying to understand how that error can be alive on the route BKK-FRA-LON on LUFTHANSA I bought 2 of them. So on 1 flight I could get the chance to visit F class lounge in BKK and a few hours later F class lounge at FRA.... is like a dream come true, isn't it? Greatest experiences so far.
Sadly I don't have a boss who pays my tickets in F so normally Im stuck in C
My two next awards will be BCN-MUC-BKK in Thai F - (great TK fare in the middle from BKK to GRU (via IST) - and GRU-ZRH-BCN in LX F.
I can't recall what do I have to do in between flights but you know what?? I DONT CARE!

Cheers!

Whats ITa & XP ??
Old Aug 14, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Originally Posted by diamantaire
Whats ITa & XP ??

I assume the OP meant that ITA= http://matrix.itasoftware.com/
and XP=expedia
Old Aug 14, 2011, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Wow, all this hostility towards full fare F passengers is a bit scary. Those who have worked hard to be successful should not be ridiculed or scorned. Trust fund babies? Yes, those you can ridicule all day long.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by blueman2
Wow, all this hostility towards full fare F passengers is a bit scary. Those who have worked hard to be successful should not be ridiculed or scorned. Trust fund babies? Yes, those you can ridicule all day long.
Be careful , think about our kids
Old Aug 15, 2011, 3:18 am

Programs: M&M Senator, Flying Blue Platinum
deleted.

Last edited by JohnDP; Nov 30, 2013 at 3:22 am
Old Aug 15, 2011, 3:35 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JohnDP
I am following this thread and even contributed to it, yet I did not find any hint of negative approach towards F revenue pax. Care to mention?
+1
Old Aug 15, 2011, 5:07 am

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
I am following this thread and even contributed to it, yet I did not find any hint of negative approach towards F revenue pax. Care to mention?
There is some criticism of F flying politicians earlier in the thread

Originally Posted by blueman2
presumably politicians fall outside of the definitions of 'worked hard to be succesfull' so criticism is OK
Old Aug 15, 2011, 5:13 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Circumknowitall
presumably politicians fall outside of the definitions of 'worked hard to be succesfull' so criticism is OK
+1
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Actually, a bit of 'tongue in cheek' on my post and on others....

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Judging by the people I often see around me in First, I'd argue that most of them will eventually get arrested for tax fraud, embezzlement, bribery, accounting scandals, ponzy scemes, etc !
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
[RANT]

Who are those people in F? They are people who think that because they are in F they can do whatever they want. Leave the window shade open on a night flight over the north pole during summer when you have a baby which needs to sleep. Read for an hour at 0100 with the two big lamps on rather than using the reading light and again making sleep impossible for adults and kids alike.

[/RANT]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.