Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No First Class Lounge after Landing in FRA?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2011, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN***, United MIL 1k, Starwood Plat
No First Class Lounge after Landing in FRA?

Arrived in FRA in FC from SFO without a connection. The only lounge I was advised to go to was the Welcome lounge outside baggage claim.

I guess the FC lounges are no longer accessible - or nobody seems to be able to explain how to get there WITHOUT a connecting flight.

The FC product hits a low point if this is correct.

My apologies if this is covered in another thread - I cannot find one...
Old Feb 7, 2011, 10:58 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 4flying
Arrived in FRA in FC from SFO without a connection. The only lounge I was advised to go to was the Welcome lounge outside baggage claim.

I guess the FC lounges are no longer accessible - or nobody seems to be able to explain how to get there WITHOUT a connecting flight.

The FC product hits a low point if this is correct.

My apologies if this is covered in another thread - I cannot find one...
Who did you ask?

A quick check of lufthansa.com should have confirmed that your arriving LH/LX F BP gives you access to one of the First Class Lounges in FRA.

http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/Loung...access#ancAbT1
http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/Arrival-Services
Old Feb 7, 2011, 11:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
However it may happen that if you arrive from SFO or other non EU destinations and follow the signs that you end up landside and the only option that remains is the welcome lounge. So if you want to visit the FCL on arrival you follow the signs as if you were a connecting pax.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 11:45 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by oliver2002
However it may happen that if you arrive from SFO or other non EU destinations and follow the signs that you end up landside and the only option that remains is the welcome lounge. So if you want to visit the FCL on arrival you follow the signs as if you were a connecting pax.
That's something I hadn't thought about since I almost always have a connecting flight to catch when I arrive in FRA.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
That is indeed something you need to be aware of.
Last month I arrive at A65 and instead of heading right to baggage claim I headed left and went through passport control, security screening and then into the A26 FCL A for a shower.
(To be honest I forgot that I had to go through security after passport control but as I was first off the plane so there was no queue).

The immigration officer asked me where I was heading next and I answered "to the shower in the lounge". As he was not really satisfied with this answer I stated "and then to DUS". (Which I was....only by train...).

If had remembered the security screening I would have gone to the Welcome Lounge though.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 5:09 pm

They must look at individual pax and ask appropriate questions.

Arriving at A63 I had no problem going through passport control and security to the FCL A. I had a connecting flight but from B non-Schengen and no one seemed interested where I was going.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP
So if you go to the lounge on arrival (at destination) without a connection, what do you do with your checked bags? Sure, we all should carry on everything, but I've got a 14 day highly diverse trip upcoming, with the wife, so checked bags is unavoidable. Would love to use the lounge for a bite and shower (can't check in to the hotel for several hours).
Old Feb 7, 2011, 10:56 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
In FRA and MUC the checked bags are kept in a area reserved for lost and found for a couple of hours if you don't show up to claim your bags immediately after landing. So feel free to enjoy the FCL and then hunt for your bags, keeping in mind that you may 'waste' about 15mins doing so. If you want to pick up your luggage and then eat & shower, the welocme lounge in FRA is your friend, its after luggage claim and they store the luggage for you. In MUC there is nothing like it, but F pax can go to the Kempinski for a day room minus the food.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 12:22 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
In FRA and MUC the checked bags are kept in a area reserved for lost and found for a couple of hours if you don't show up to claim your bags immediately after landing. So feel free to enjoy the FCL and then hunt for your bags, keeping in mind that you may 'waste' about 15mins doing so. If you want to pick up your luggage and then eat & shower, the welocme lounge in FRA is your friend, its after luggage claim and they store the luggage for you. In MUC there is nothing like it, but F pax can go to the Kempinski for a day room minus the food.
I tell the LDs, that I have checked luggage and I will collect it in an hour after arrival, when I am using the FCL for arrival.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One may waste a couple of mins hunting for the bags at the lost & found office but at least you don't have to wait at the baggage belt for your bags and then proceed to the shower / Welcome Lounge.
FRA baggage delivery can be terrible.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 7:28 am

Question Arriving on Continental

Have booked a trip in First Class on Continental (CO calls it Business First) from the USA thru FRA on to MAD. Have almost a 4 hour layover until the FRA-MAD leg on LH 1116. Same fare class is shown for both legs.
According to a lounge table on co.com website, it shows LH Senator lounge access for BF passengers. Should I expect any argument from the LH lounge matrons?
Old Feb 8, 2011, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by worldwidetraveler
Have booked a trip in First Class on Continental (CO calls it Business First) from the USA thru FRA on to MAD. Have almost a 4 hour layover until the FRA-MAD leg on LH 1116. Same fare class is shown for both legs.
According to a lounge table on co.com website, it shows LH Senator lounge access for BF passengers. Should I expect any argument from the LH lounge matrons?
There is no first class on European short hauls flights, so you'll be in business (same as CO, without the word play) so you'll be able to access the Business Lounges. If you have Star Alliance Gold status then you can acces the Senator lounges with a BP.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN***, United MIL 1k, Starwood Plat
Slippery Slope

I tried that in the past but refused entry at the security check WITHOUT an ongoing boarding pass.

Reading the other comments one can slip by here - but HELLO?
Old Feb 8, 2011, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by 4flying
Reading the other comments one can slip by here - but HELLO?
HELLO?! what?

just tell them you don't have one yet, no big deal... i was never refused "entry" when i told them that i want to go to the lounge...
Old Feb 8, 2011, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sentom
HELLO?! what?

just tell them you don't have one yet, no big deal... i was never refused "entry" when i told them that i want to go to the lounge...
Exactly, I always tell them that I will get my onward BP in the lounge. @:-) (If they even ask)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.