Lounge access/FRA connection question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2011, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Lounge access/FRA connection question

Hi,

Apologies if this is in the wrong place...

I'm flying LHR-FRA-SZG with LH/OS. The FRA-SZG flight seems to leave from gates B6-9.

With a business class ticket, which lounge should I use? on level 3, there only seems to be a SEN lounge, but I assume i'll be channelled into the schengen zone at some point.

Thanks
Old Jan 24, 2011, 5:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The SZG flights 'leave' from a lounge dead zone in FRA. The only way you could visit the B lounges is go thru immigration into B and go thru immigration and security again to get to your flight.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for that.

What about where I come in from London? Can I access any lounges there or am I segregated from departing passengers?

On the few occasions I have flown into FRA i've always been bussed from the plane so don't know what the score is.

Last edited by Swiss Tony; Jan 24, 2011 at 5:40 am
Old Jan 24, 2011, 5:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LHR arrivals should drop you into bus gates that unload pax to the non schengen B bus gate. See Newbie Runners extensive thread on the topic.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 8:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
Hi,

Apologies if this is in the wrong place...

I'm flying LHR-FRA-SZG with LH/OS. The FRA-SZG flight seems to leave from gates B6-9.

With a business class ticket, which lounge should I use? on level 3, there only seems to be a SEN lounge, but I assume i'll be channelled into the schengen zone at some point.

Thanks
Try doing a search. There's a very informative thread here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...on-thread.html
Old Jan 24, 2011, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Try doing a search. There's a very informative thread here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...on-thread.html
With all respect, that thread runs to 31 pages and has absolutely no order to it. Search is going to have to love on in leaps and bounds before it can come back with an answer to my question. Before posting here I'd gone through another supposed comprehensive thread about connecting at FRA that gave me nothing either.

I've waded through the first 8 pages of the beginners guide so far to find nothing of relevance. If you can find the answer to my question in that 31 pages, feel free to enlighten me. You also need to accept the dynamic nature of the situation. The thread dates back to 2009 but http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...d=1939155&l=en tells us that LHR flights now use a gate.

So, if anyone wants to give me an answer please feel free to do so. If anyone else wants to patronise me, well you can go ......

Last edited by Swiss Tony; Jan 24, 2011 at 10:45 am
Old Jan 24, 2011, 10:55 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
So, if anyone wants to give me an answer please feel free to do so. If anyone else wants to patronise me, well you can go ......
With all due respect, I don't think anyone was being patronizing.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 2:58 pm

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
Thanks for that.

What about where I come in from London? Can I access any lounges there or am I segregated from departing passengers?

On the few occasions I have flown into FRA i've always been bussed from the plane so don't know what the score is.
This changes quite frequently, so don't take my word for it as I've managed to avoid FRA for the last three months.

Some UK flights now arrive at a B-gate where they are segregated from departing passengers, others arrive at the bus inbound gates. When I had the distinct pleasure off arriving at a gate back at the end of October, we went along some new corridors to immigration, but there was a turn-off for people going to the non-Schengen B (and C) gates, this had transfer security. If the bouncers will let you through that, I don't know, but if they do, then you should be able to access the B non-Schengen FTL lounges (which are as good as it gets currently in FRA). You will have to go through immigration before going to B6-9.

If they won't let you through there, the only option is to go through transfer security, down the Tunnel of Hate to the A-concourse and use the very poor excuse for a lounge at A26. You will have to go back that way to get to your B6-9 gate. It's about a 10-15 minute trundle from immigration to A26.

Final warning, all because they now park at a gate, doesn't mean that there won't be a bus to take you off to the B-bus-gates. The aircraft may arrive at a Schengen gate for it's next service, this has occasionally happened to me on the mid-morning BHX.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 3:19 pm

with no due respect, do you really expect a lot of answers with that kind of attitude?!
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:19 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
You also need to accept the dynamic nature of the situation. The thread dates back to 2009 but http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...d=1939155&l=en tells us that LHR flights now use a gate.
Lufthansa made a similar announcement 8 months ago but only 50% or so of flights from LHR were arriving at a gate position when I checked some time after the announcement.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...l#post13859366

Let's see if they can honour the promise this time.

Although pax arriving on flights from the UK are deemed "clean" for security purposes (just like arrivals from Schengen) as described by iainbhx you will still have to go through security to get back to the B non-Schengen departure area for the Business lounges in B. They are at either end of Pier B accessed from level 2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.