Search

senator line in English

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: MA Plat, OW Emerald
senator line in English

hello,
can anyone help me with English speaking MM Senator line in Germany if not perhaps UK?
thanks a lot
Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MalevP
hello,
can anyone help me with English speaking MM Senator line in Germany if not perhaps UK?
thanks a lot
If you call the Germany Senator line and speak English, you should not experience any problems (they will switch to English immediately).
Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:47 am

Programs: LH SEN
on a slightly related note:

During the snow chaos last month I called the FTL German line, and was told that if I accepted to speak to an english speaker instead of a german one, I could be directly connected instead of waiting
Old Jan 18, 2011, 11:02 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
If you call the Germany Senator line and speak English, you should not experience any problems (they will switch to English immediately).
I used to ask if I could speak in English but now I'll just say "Good morning" or "Good afternoon" and the agents will reply in English.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I used to ask if I could speak in English but now I'll just say "Good morning" or "Good afternoon" and the agents will reply in English.
Well of course they will now that you are not using this time to "ask yourself" prior to asking them sorry- couldn't resist... you are right however.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 11:14 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Well of course they will now that you are not using this time to "ask yourself" prior to asking them sorry- couldn't resist... you are right however.
Yeah, it sort of makes sense because I asked in English if I could speak in Englih - if you know what I mean.

Actually if you call from one of your registered phone numbers they usually know who's callling. Since our preferred language is also registered somewhere it would be cool if they answered in your preferred language (German or English).
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:01 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Might not be that helpfull seeing the poster lives in Hungary but
MM number Belgium has an option to choose english, french or dutch.

As my german is rusty, i hesitated to phone the DE line but then tried the BE line to try my french, pleasently the first thing your hear: for english press 1. I just sticked to 3 = dutch
Old Jan 19, 2011, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MA Plat, OW Emerald
True they do, but how to reach them? What to press? There is no menu for English press one for German 2 etc... Plus I was transferred twice yesterday "let me transfer you to English operator" and her English was better than mine ))) Hungarian service is a disaster in general, so I call usually ba in uk or lh in de to get the right answers

PS. I just done with status match on LH (MA plat to LH SEN) so I'm new to MM SEN )))

Last edited by MalevP; Jan 19, 2011 at 4:04 pm
Old Jan 20, 2011, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by MalevP
hello,
thanks a lot
The UK number invarably gets you to Capetown. The German number throws you into a German-only menu: if you can get through that, you'll have no problem finding an English-speaking agent.

It seems we are being discouraged from using phone lines other than the one allocated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.