FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   senator line in English (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1173815-senator-line-english.html)

MalevP Jan 18, 2011 10:32 am

senator line in English

hello,
can anyone help me with English speaking MM Senator line in Germany if not perhaps UK?
thanks a lot

TRAVELSIG Jan 18, 2011 10:34 am

Originally Posted by MalevP (Post 15682645)
hello,
can anyone help me with English speaking MM Senator line in Germany if not perhaps UK?
thanks a lot

If you call the Germany Senator line and speak English, you should not experience any problems (they will switch to English immediately).

cmacdona101 Jan 18, 2011 10:47 am

on a slightly related note:

During the snow chaos last month I called the FTL German line, and was told that if I accepted to speak to an english speaker instead of a german one, I could be directly connected instead of waiting :p

NewbieRunner Jan 18, 2011 11:02 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG (Post 15682661)
If you call the Germany Senator line and speak English, you should not experience any problems (they will switch to English immediately).

I used to ask if I could speak in English but now I'll just say "Good morning" or "Good afternoon" and the agents will reply in English. :)

TRAVELSIG Jan 18, 2011 11:05 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 15682869)
I used to ask if I could speak in English but now I'll just say "Good morning" or "Good afternoon" and the agents will reply in English. :)

Well of course they will now that you are not using this time to "ask yourself" prior to asking them :) sorry- couldn't resist... you are right however.

NewbieRunner Jan 18, 2011 11:14 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG (Post 15682893)
Well of course they will now that you are not using this time to "ask yourself" prior to asking them :) sorry- couldn't resist... you are right however.

Yeah, it sort of makes sense because I asked in English if I could speak in Englih - if you know what I mean. :rolleyes:

Actually if you call from one of your registered phone numbers they usually know who's callling. Since our preferred language is also registered somewhere it would be cool if they answered in your preferred language (German or English).

HadesNL Jan 19, 2011 12:01 am

Might not be that helpfull seeing the poster lives in Hungary but
MM number Belgium has an option to choose english, french or dutch.

As my german is rusty, i hesitated to phone the DE line but then tried the BE line to try my french, pleasently the first thing your hear: for english press 1. I just sticked to 3 = dutch:)

MalevP Jan 19, 2011 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG (Post 15682661)

True they do, but how to reach them? What to press? There is no menu for English press one for German 2 etc... Plus I was transferred twice yesterday "let me transfer you to English operator" and her English was better than mine :)))) Hungarian service is a disaster in general, so I call usually ba in uk or lh in de to get the right answers

PS. I just done with status match on LH (MA plat to LH SEN) so I'm new to MM SEN )))

IAN-UK Jan 20, 2011 1:53 am

Originally Posted by MalevP (Post 15682645)
hello,
thanks a lot

The UK number invarably gets you to Capetown. The German number throws you into a German-only menu: if you can get through that, you'll have no problem finding an English-speaking agent.

It seems we are being discouraged from using phone lines other than the one allocated.