Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa - The worst and scam airlines in the world!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2010, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
+1

I believe you had a good experience primarily because u were a HON.. for most pax without any status, I guess it would not have been the same..
BUT this does not mean, I agree to the OP or IanPurdy.. but I also do believe what iquitos wrote on airlines not spending enough to manage the crisis..and this applies for most airlines and not only LH..
I'm not a HON and still had a benz waiting waiting for me to make sure I made a 20 minute connection time this summer connecting from venice through fra to ord (traveling in Z). Goes to show LH really does try to help everyone. I dont know of many other carriers that have sedans waiting for you to make sure you make your connections.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 9:48 am

Hey 1967C... how did your MR go? Did you beat the weather?
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by sentom
so, customer service at its best... hail to LH!
In the middle of the volcano craze, I was stranded upon arival in MUC, being rebook next day of of FRA. Obviously MUC was a zoo back then, with people all over the place looking for their bags, connection assisitance etc. Not really wanting to take part in all this I just went to get my ticket change and headed to FRA hoping to sort the mess when I get back home. Didn't even have a chance to do that, got a call in the evening that my bag was waiting for me at the destination airport. Seems the stars have aligned for me then!
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:27 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Not sure what to think about a thread like this. Deep down the feeling I have is that we (the big "all airline passengers we") to some degree can blame ourselves for the mess. Over the last two decades we want to pay less and less for air travel, and hence the airlines have had to save cost. Automation means less employees, and where there are employees they are less skilled/paid than before. At the end of the day the system is optimized to allow us to fly around Europe for 99, and it works well, most of the time.

Problem is naturally that any optimized system is less robust / more fragile than a generalist one, and when the weather hits Europe it is rather clear that the airlines are in big troubles, where should the required highly-skilled-creative-troubleshooting-employees come from?

As such - we are where we are. The days of 900 C class tickets for all business travel are over, and we need to live with it, and I guess we love Lufthansa because they are still better than the competition, even if service is going down year on year.

From my side there are only a few advice:
  • Get a proper travel agent - they are more likely to solve your issues during system breakdowns.
  • Get a proper travel insurance.
  • Smile. It actually helps.

Happy new year!
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:34 pm
AHN

Programs: SK EBG
Originally Posted by larsll
Not sure what to think about a thread like this.
+1

While I understand the frustration, I am baffled that experienced travelers would think other airlines handle this much better. And seriously, who travels without a good travel insurance these days?
Old Dec 29, 2010, 3:16 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by openflync
There are many around here that would not go that far. Poor customer service plus their high fees have left a bad taste in some of our mouths
I think Guy Betsy meant this a bit tongue in cheek.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 3:16 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by AHN
And seriously, who travels without a good travel insurance these days?
By guess would be almost everybody.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 4:32 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by KC12345
I agree. LH's inability to handle this situation is not acceptable. There is one phone line dedicated to lost luggage and no information forthcoming. I would recommend writing to newspaper editors to start covering this as well as filing a report with the US DOT which then gets included into their monthly airline reports.
ROFL, this thread is hillarious! Why not complain with the EU Commission, the Pope and Dieter Bohlen?
Old Dec 29, 2010, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by curt
ROFL, this thread is hillarious! Why not complain with the EU Commission, the Pope and Dieter Bohlen?
Dieter Bohlen probably thinks he is the Pope!?
Old Dec 29, 2010, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by larsll
..to some degree can blame ourselves for the mess. Over the last two decades we want to pay less and less for air travel, and hence the airlines have had to save cost..
I fail to see how our wishes come in here to play - ticket prices, surcharges, scam fees ... the general cost of travel, especially in coach and Biz have skyrocketed since 2005. Prices have tripled in many markets despite competition from LCCs.

Your comparison might hold compared to the 1920s or immediate post war travel but it certainly offers a distorted reality for the last decennium.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by weero
I fail to see how our wishes come in here to play - ticket prices, surcharges, scam fees ... the general cost of travel, especially in coach and Biz have skyrocketed since 2005. Prices have tripled in many markets despite competition from LCCs.

Your comparison might hold compared to the 1920s or immediate post war travel but it certainly offers a distorted reality for the last decennium.
Did you fly with Emilia Earhart in the past ?

Do you know her too?
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...UpperPromoArea
Old Dec 29, 2010, 6:00 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
well

Originally Posted by hitanshu
COBigtimeFan

You obviously havent experienced this so maybe you should not give your own judgement. Lufthansa is very rude. They just say the sytem is not updated and they hang up the phone!!! There is no airlines in the world do that!

The storm is affecting, but may I know where you live? There is no snow in Germany or England anymore. I call the call center and I only get to hear that the system is not updated and they cant do naything. There is soome rules and regulations etc for this and they just cant hang up the phone!
even as a non-status customer, lufthansa is the very best in compensation if your baggage is delayed.

they will always pay without any problems, the 1000 XDR (around 1100 Euro) if you buy stuff you need, as your luggage is delayed.

try this with other airlines (thai, us airlines) there you get 50usd to 100usd thats it.

i dont know which content you did checkin, but usually you could just go shopping, and than request 50% of the purchase to be compensated to you.
some items will be 100% compensated.

so, calm down

dp
Old Dec 30, 2010, 3:41 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
This thread won't generate any further value in any way and hence I'll close this thread now.

Kind regards,

totti
Moderator M&M forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.