Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa - The worst and scam airlines in the world!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2010, 10:09 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by hitanshu
I hope my message get passed to a lot of people. I travel all over he world because of my work but I have experienced a very bad customer service from Lufthansa. A higly disorganized airlines and they should terminate their business as soon as possible. Here is my story.

I took a flight from Delhi to Frankfurt on the 17th December,2010 and after that I was due to travel from Frankfurt to London Heahtrow. My flight from Frankfurt to London Heathrow was cancelled because of Snow storm. I took the next flight available to London City airport. After arriving London I filed a report for my baggages which were lost because of the flight being cancelled.

I have been calling lufthansa everyday since then and their nly reply is that the system is not updated yet, so they dont know where the luggage is! They have been saying that everyday! What the hell is that supposed to mean???? It is not my problem if the system is not updated! And if I ask them to speak to manager all they say is that there is no manager this is just information line and I cant speak to anyone elese, I just have to wait for the system to be updated! How is that possible? There are some rules and regulations! they cant speak to me like that.

I just hope I find my bags soon and Lufthansa scammers go bankrupt!
COBigtimeFan

You obviously havent experienced this so maybe you should not give your own judgement. Lufthansa is very rude. They just say the sytem is not updated and they hang up the phone!!! There is no airlines in the world do that!

The storm is affecting, but may I know where you live? There is no snow in Germany or England anymore. I call the call center and I only get to hear that the system is not updated and they cant do naything. There is soome rules and regulations etc for this and they just cant hang up the phone!
Welcome to FT, hitanshu!

Sad to hear about your ongoing bad experience with LH. This is indeed not great customer service and hanging up on someone is never acceptable.

But you got through one of the worst snowstorms in Europe for some time relatively swiftly. LH showed some flexibility by re-booking you to LCY rather than LHR to get you were you needed to go quickly.
Not being apologetic about the phone service you received, this was an extraordinary time were all airlines were tested to the limits. When transiting in FRA you should have seen how the B area transfer area looked like: It post more resemblance to the aftermath of a Berlin Love Parade from all the rubbish and people sleeping on the floor than to an airport operation.

LH is generally quite good in sorting out luggage issues. You were just unlucky that you are now at the receiving end of one of their worst performances.

But while LH has many flaws, you shouldn't call LH a scam operation as they have gotten you to your destination nicely and you were traveling during a really bad time.

You should actually start talking with LH about compensation, if you are lucky and persistent they might pay you something.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 2:17 am

Folks,

OP obviously left from Delhi, which is THE most civilized friendly, and efficient airport in the world. Apparently he made his choice to fly dreadful unreliable LH instead of the wonderful Air India ( surely he got a great deal ) only to discover that LH is totally unable to cope with one of the most severe winter storms in Europe in the last decade. He forgot to mention that winter storms in DEL never disrupt the perfect on time departures and efficient 15 min bag handling on AI/AI transfers.

I am sure that the extremely capable AI pilots would have landed in LHR or even LCY with their 747's regardless of this little white stuff, they manage nearly everyday in India.

Maybe he should try UA or US next time via JFK!
Old Dec 28, 2010, 2:28 am

Programs: KL (silver), BA
Originally Posted by Fendant

I am sure that the extremely capable AI pilots would have landed in LHR or even LCY with their 747's regardless of this little white stuff, they manage nearly everyday in India.

sorry to correct you but they landed at CGN instead

Cheers, Tjobbe
Old Dec 28, 2010, 3:26 am

Programs: RA Platinum, GoldpointsPlus Elite, HH Gold VIP, Sixt Platinum, *A Gold, TK ElitePlus, Marriott Gold
COBigtimeFan

You obviously havent experienced this so maybe you should not give your own judgement. Lufthansa is very rude. They just say the sytem is not updated and they hang up the phone!!! There is no airlines in the world do that!

The storm is affecting, but may I know where you live? There is no snow in Germany or England anymore. I call the call center and I only get to hear that the system is not updated and they cant do naything. There is soome rules and regulations etc for this and they just cant hang up the phone!
It would be pretty much the same response by other airlines too. They all rely heavily on ground staff that usually belongs to another company. if the system is not updated, it's not updated. Not much they could do, but ofcourse hanging up is unacceptable.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 6:09 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
COBigtimeFan

OP - I'm not sure where you received your information about snow in Germany. I left Frankfurt the afternoon of 12/27. There was definitely snow on the ground, it snowed all weekend in Frankfurt area while we were there, it was difficult to get around. There is supposed to be more snow coming on 12/28.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 10:38 am

Programs: *A GOLD, EL AL PLATINUM, ONEWORLD*SAPPHIRE, ACCOR CLUB PLATINUM, Human Race Platinum for life
Originally Posted by bsb21
Love it when someone joins FT, posts a rant, and then never chimes in again!

The OP should be thankful that LH was able to get him home during a storm.
I feel the same way, when people visit FT only when they need something or submit their frustration, never to provide help or assistance to others.
What can I say, this thread did provide something: over 4 pages of entertainment
Old Dec 28, 2010, 10:44 am

I hope my message get passed to a lot of people. I travel all over he world because of my work but I have experienced a very bad customer service from Lufthansa. A higly disorganized airlines and they should terminate their business as soon as possible. Here is my story.

I took a flight from Delhi to Frankfurt on the 17th December,2010 and after that I was due to travel from Frankfurt to London Heahtrow. My flight from Frankfurt to London Heathrow was cancelled because of Snow storm. I took the next flight available to London City airport. After arriving London I filed a report for my baggages which were lost because of the flight being cancelled.

I have been calling lufthansa everyday since then and their nly reply is that the system is not updated yet, so they dont know where the luggage is! They have been saying that everyday! What the hell is that supposed to mean???? It is not my problem if the system is not updated! And if I ask them to speak to manager all they say is that there is no manager this is just information line and I cant speak to anyone elese, I just have to wait for the system to be updated! How is that possible? There are some rules and regulations! they cant speak to me like that.

I just hope I find my bags soon and Lufthansa scammers go bankrupt!

I would hardly call weather related issues and your baggage delay a scam. If you've ever been on an aircraft before, you should be aware that weather delays are certain to happen during winter months.

Do you really think LH wants your luggage? And if you have this kind of attitude when calling LH, you deserve the brush off. Wishing BK for LH? how about BK for your firm? how would that feel? Relax, be patient and take it in stride.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 10:50 am

Lufthansa

I agree. LH's inability to handle this situation is not acceptable. There is one phone line dedicated to lost luggage and no information forthcoming. I would recommend writing to newspaper editors to start covering this as well as filing a report with the US DOT which then gets included into their monthly airline reports.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by KC12345
I agree. LH's inability to handle this situation is not acceptable. There is one phone line dedicated to lost luggage and no information forthcoming. I would recommend writing to newspaper editors to start covering this as well as filing a report with the US DOT which then gets included into their monthly airline reports.
Oh look, another first time author. What will you entertain us with?

Complain to the US DOT? for an issue within europe with a european carrier? You must have voted for big government that will take on the woes of european air travel in the midst of the worst snowfalls on record.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
Originally Posted by 1967cougar

I cant wait to read about LH's scam when I read the WSJ in F next week!
Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:46 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; nb-no) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally Posted by bsb21
Originally Posted by 1967cougar

I cant wait to read about LH's scam when I read the WSJ in F next week!
You'll be lucky if LH is still in business by next week, judging from this thread..
Old Dec 28, 2010, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by view
You'll be lucky if LH is still in business by next week, judging from this thread..
Newsflash - in addition - some Cessna Hons have threatened to move their massive LH business elsewhere because their Christmas Card was not signed by hand.... The end is near......

Cheers

Thomas
Old Dec 28, 2010, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by view
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; nb-no) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I hope they're around til at least may for the world hockey championships in May. One can only hope the scams stop.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 2:49 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by KC12345
Again, I am not defending the phone service (or lack of) LH seems to provide at the moment (having said this, I seem to get through to the SEN lines in no time at all) but if LH is really that bad I would advice the people affected to book a different airline in the future which can handle the snow much better than LH.

Here are some suggestions:

British Airways http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...isruption.html

Air France http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...e-missing.html

KLM http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-f...r-service.html

SAS http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...ndinavian.html
Old Dec 28, 2010, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Again, I am not defending the phone service (or lack of) LH seems to provide at the moment (having said this, I seem to get through to the SEN lines in no time at all) but if LH is really that bad I would advice the people affected to book a different airline in the future which can handle the snow much better than LH.

Here are some suggestions:

British Airways http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...isruption.html

Air France http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...e-missing.html

KLM http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-f...r-service.html

SAS http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...ndinavian.html

I forgot to turn on my sarcasm filter the first time through, then realized its battery was dead. People always think the grass is greener on other pastures. But all the airlines fish in the same proverbial pond. They are all effected by the same elements and have the same human beings working for them. I dont think theres much difference between most. You stick with one until they drive you nuts, but fear not, you'll be back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.